Microsoft

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Melbourne (Australia)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft in April 2014.

Interview Details – Two sessions of interview of 30 minutes each:
First session was a technical review where a technical question was given to be solved in 30 minutes. The question I received was a bejewel-like game and the task was to code the function to start the game with initial game state.
Second session was a 1 to 1 interview question where the interviewer followed up on your resume details as well as asked several expected questions such as reason of wanting to join the corporate and what is your passion in regards of technology.

Interview Question – I was not expecting the question to be as complicated as a game but it turn out that you would not be expected to complete the functionalities but just provide your logic flows.   Answer Question

Graduate Software Development Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Microsoft in February 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and I got a call for a phone interview a few weeks later. First interview was about personal questions and OOP theory. Second interview via skype had some code writing (string manipulation).

Interview Question – A problem you had with a colleague and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Graduate Software Development Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in March 2012.

Interview Details – A phone interview consisting of basic HR and technical questions.
A lync interview where technical questions were asked based on data structures

Interview Question – Linked list   Answer Question

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!