Microsoft

Relevance Date Difficulty

Human Resources Trax Intern Interview

Human Resources Trax Intern
Redmond, WA

I applied through other source and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews and 4 45 min F2F interviews

Interview Question – How would you go about solving a talent retention problem in a business unit.
More important is that you engage with the interviewer, ask him questions (prepare questions beforehand). interviews are mostly conversational.
  Answer Question

Human Resources Trax Intern Interview

Human Resources Trax Intern
Redmond, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Microsoft in October 2011.

Interview Details – Flown out to Seattle to interview at the Redmond campus. Actual interviews consisted of four 45 minute interviews with various HR managers. They were pretty senior managers, typically directors, and came from various business divisions within Microsoft.

They really only asked me about four or five questions during the period, and then asked if I had any questions. There was a great level of variability in how long each interview actually lasted and the kinds of questions they asked me. I was never asked any of the random, lateral thinking questions everyone seems to expect from Microsoft.

In the end, I was not extended an offer. They claim that the candidates that received offers displayed a high "business acumen" and had good "communication" and "systematic thinking" skills.

In all honesty I was lulled into a high level of confidence by the interviewers. They were all very friendly and made it seem as though my interview skills were astounding. That's either the case and the other candidates were even moreso astounding, or they were being deceivingly friendly.

Either way, the actual interview process (flight, stay, hospitality) was second to none.

Interview Questions

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!