Microsoft

Updated Dec 22, 2014

3.3

262 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsoft.

There were 4 interviews. All of them were technical. They hardly asked me about my previous experience. All the questions were around algorithms and data structures and mathematics. There were total 4-5 algorithms that I had to write on paper.

Interview Questions
    • There were questions related to recurrence relation and game theory.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

Planning part of interview was not good. There were lot of confusion regarding timings, schedule, place etc. Interview length was good none, out of the 4 round, took more than an hour.

Interview Questions
    • Director round was a bit confusing as I was asked to track mineral water of a mineral water plant.   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiated

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsoft.

1 written test multiple choice questions not very difficult mostly based on input output databases and concurrency also had 2 coding questions which were also not very difficult, 3 personal interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

hired bu a third party payroll, later converted to permanent. Interview was complex. Consisted of 7 rounds, starting from written to technical to manager, hr finally.

It took 3 weeks to complete the interview and finally got an irresistible offer. Interview was cool, very professional and was a bit lengthy but finally had a good experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

THIS IS FOR THE SUMMER INTERNSHIP
    The preliminary round was held online in select colleges and we were called for an onsite interview. Those with good thinking approach were also chosen and not solely based on getting the solution. There was also a coding round for those with lesser score in the online round. A simple problem was given to many students and we were expected to solve it. If the approach was deeply flawed, the person would be eliminated. The next round was a technical round where a 1-1 interview with a Microsoft employee was held. The duration was about an hour and was quite strenuous. Following the round, the HR manager will let you know the feedback and tell you the results. The HR manager was very encouraging and asked the eliminated candidates to reapply after working their skills. This feedback really made a very positive impact on me. The final round would be a HR round I guess(I could not crack the technical round).

Interview Questions
    • Design a module to enable communication between two remote computers. The sender will have the software but the receiver will not, but the message should be passed.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

It was a good well managed process. Was a 3 round process starting with basic intro inching towards the details of the current job description. being from a finance background, i had to justify why i was applying for the role. overall it was smooth process with difficult questions.

Interview Questions
    • Apple is not a competitor / peer set company of Microsoft   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Microsoft.

Initially there was a Technical objective round. Shortlisted candidates had a programming round.
    Then they shortlisted few candidates for interviews in company office.There were 2 technical and 1 Hr round(namesake). The first technical round they asked about my projects.Then they few basics in java and asked me to code few problems. Questions related to databases and networks were also asked. Second technical round had few coding questions. They were looking for our problem solving ability and approach. The interviews were really supportive. They used to give hints if were struct during the thinking process.

Interview Questions
    • Some basic question related to Public-private key encryption.   View Answer

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Microsoft in November 2014.

This was through IJP from within MS itself being a MS employee.
    Really bad interview process in MS - GD. I had to push the HR to setup my interview as if I am the HR. Than again just 2 rounds in the whole day from morning 10 to evening 6 and I was told to leave without any feedback. Again I had to run behind the HR for getting the status update and finally after 10 days I was again called for an Hiring Manager round which went for 2 hours and that too instead of managerial question the HM round went into technical stuff. And as usual again I was asked to leave for the day and no update till 1 month even after running behind the HR a lot.

Got to know that work culture and the actual work is not good and also did not at all like the way Hr and the management treated me even before joining them.

Software Developer Engineer Interview

4 technical rounds and no HR round, Very easy questions at campus related to linked list and tree, and from project.
    Given a Heap find Nth largest node. you have access to left and right node.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Microsoft.

They don't value experience, ask same thing to a fresher as well as to some 10 year exp guy.. Ask questions from DS, algo, puzzles, design.. No question from domain knowledge..
    So cracking Microsoft is easier than cracking TCS..

Interview Questions
    • 1. Possible moves for horse on chess board and when the horse will go out of the board.   Answer Question
    • 2. Design a old style mobile phone and search for various names based on key press   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation, they added joining bonus of 1 lakh by just asking for it.