Microsoft Interview Questions in India

Updated Aug 2, 2015

3.2

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Microsoft (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

Initially there was a Technical objective round. Shortlisted candidates had a programming round. Then they shortlisted few candidates for interviews in company office.There were 2 technical and 1 Hr round(namesake). The first technical round they asked about my projects.Then they few basics in java and asked me to code few problems. Questions related to databases and networks were also asked. Second technical round had few coding questions. They were looking for our problem solving ability and approach. The interviews were really supportive. They used to give hints if were struct during the thinking process.

Interview Questions

• Some basic question related to Public-private key encryption.   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Microsoft in November 2014.

Interview

This was through IJP from within MS itself being a MS employee. Really bad interview process in MS - GD. I had to push the HR to setup my interview as if I am the HR. Than again just 2 rounds in the whole day from morning 10 to evening 6 and I was told to leave without any feedback. Again I had to run behind the HR for getting the status update and finally after 10 days I was again called for an Hiring Manager round which went for 2 hours and that too instead of managerial question the HM round went into technical stuff. And as usual again I was asked to leave for the day and no update till 1 month even after running behind the HR a lot.

Got to know that work culture and the actual work is not good and also did not at all like the way Hr and the management treated me even before joining them.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Microsoft (Bangalore (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

3- rounds of interview after resume shortlisted. Round 1 : Base on probability Questions. Round -2 : Based on Algorithm and Database Quetions Round 3 : Based on HR and Some tecnical Interview Questions.

Software Developer Engineer Interview

Interview

4 technical rounds and no HR round, Very easy questions at campus related to linked list and tree, and from project. Given a Heap find Nth largest node. you have access to left and right node.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Microsoft (Hyderābād (India)).

Interview

They don't value experience, ask same thing to a fresher as well as to some 10 year exp guy.. Ask questions from DS, algo, puzzles, design.. No question from domain knowledge.. So cracking Microsoft is easier than cracking TCS..

Interview Questions

• 1. Possible moves for horse on chess board and when the horse will go out of the board.   Answer Question
    • 2. Design a old style mobile phone and search for various names based on key press   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation, they added joining bonus of 1 lakh by just asking for it.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft (Hyderābād (India)).

Interview

Very Tough and there were 9 rounds of interviews for this position. One stage without confidence may disqualify you. Be confident in your words and place your resume in accordance with the applied position.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft (Chennai (India)) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through college. We had an aptitude test. Then the next round was a group discussion we were given a topic to discuss about. Finally the interview it consisted of some technical questions as well as some general questions. The interviewers were quite friendly. It was a good experience on the whole.

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

There were three rounds of Interview - Online Test, Technical Interview and Hiring Manager Interview Online Test had questions on verbal, reasoning, logical and technical questions Technical Interview was telephonic and there were wide ranging questions from C#, C and your respective area of work and other topics related to your work domain Hiring Manager Interview had questions about the kind of work I am doing currently and what I wish to work on etc

Intern Interview

Interview

First round had 10 questions. Clearing that I was asked to code 2 problems. Our algorithms were judged and we were called for a technical interview. The next one was HR

Interview Questions

• Grilled me on why I didn't do anything with my skill set for instance, a research project or an intern   Answer Question

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Microsoft (Bangalore (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview was 5years experience in c++ and dot net. Round one: 45 min..I couldn't surpass this Round two: Round three: This through a staffing company with client being Microsoft and permanent in staffing company.

Interview Questions

• Difference between a crash and exception. Difference between macros and inline functions. Mfc: message maps and virtual functions. Different calling convention. Late n early binding... Garbage collector algorithm. When gc will fail to clean the memory. How to know heap size, crash dump analysis, What is a stack n how to know stack memory size. Commands in windbg. Questions on Critical section, mutex, semaphores. Can we use mutex in single process and how? Working of MSIL and JIT COMPILER. Can a C# code, use c++ code and call kernel functions like createfile. Areas: dot net, oops, operating systems, thread synchronization. Difference in execution steps of c++ and c# code   Answer Question