Microsoft Intern Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014

3.1

158 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Got an interview opportunity from career fair on campus and the interview was also held on campus. There were two questions. Both were pretty straightforward and the interviewer was very patient in explaining all the questions I had. My first code missed out a lot of corner cases. The interviewer was nice enough to point those out for me. I was able to correct them afterwards but still no luck for the next round.

Interview Questions
  • Write a function to return words in a string.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in February 2014.

I handed in my resume during the career fair, and 3-4 days later, I received an e-mail, which asked me to sign up an 1-1 interview. The recruiter came to my school and interviewed me at career service. I was kind of nervous during the interview since it was my first technical interview.

Interview Questions
    • Common interview questions. The technical one is "reverse words in a string". She also asked me if I like or dislike any Microsoft products and why.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Microsoft.

Was unsure about working for Microsoft, but I handed in my resume at the career fair anyway and got called for an interview the next day. The interviewer was very unprofessional. And when he asked and I described what I was looking for in a career, he took it to mean that I can't code (very false) and proceeded to a fifteen minute lecture on why coding was important. I lost interest in the interview soon after that.

Interview Questions
    • Fairly simple logic puzzle (because he assumed I couldn't code - even though my resume and I said otherwise).   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Microsoft.

1 HR interview that included behavioural questions in addition to ligh technical questions, followed by 3 onsite interviews. 2 interview were focused on coding, and the third was purely testing.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Microsoft.

I gave my resume to a recruiter at my college career fair and got an email invitation to an on-campus interview about 2 months later. Microsoft interviewed about 30 - 40 students on my campus back to back for 3 days so there was a lot of competition.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  University of Colorado, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in University of Colorado, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft in October 2013.

First, Microsoft representatives visited my university for a resume review. They basically reviewed my resume and gave me some guidance about the things to put and to remove from there. Then, they invited me to a small competition, it had nothing to do with the internship, to solve some problems, and they gave the winners some coupons. Then, they sent me an Email to sign up for a secondary interview at my university after which I could qualify for an interview at Redmond.

Interview Questions
    • It was not hard. He asked me to design and implement two simple functions enqueue and dequeue in any programming language I preferred.   View Answer

Intern Interview

asked a lot of questions for the firstt phone screen

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Microsoft.

Submitted my resume through my school's career center. Contacted a couple weeks later to schedule a phone interview. Couldn't understand the interviewer. Was notified via email a few weeks later that I was not selected for the final round in Seattle.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a challenging project you have completed   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Microsoft in February 2014.

Passed the first round on campus. Then they flew me to Bellevue, WA for on-site. 4 interviews back to back. Both behavioral and technical questions were asked. The recruiter told us the result right after the interview

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, just open technical questions that require a clear thinking process   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft.

I spoke on the phone first, then went to the Foundry for an interview

Interview Questions
    • Given a string, say the most repeated letter in the string   Answer Question

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!