Microsoft Intern Interview Questions & Reviews

153 interviews

3.1

153 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Microsoft.

Was unsure about working for Microsoft, but I handed in my resume at the career fair anyway and got called for an interview the next day. The interviewer was very unprofessional. And when he asked and I described what I was looking for in a career, he took it to mean that I can't code (very false) and proceeded to a fifteen minute lecture on why coding was important. I lost interest in the interview soon after that.

Interview Questions
  • Fairly simple logic puzzle (because he assumed I couldn't code - even though my resume and I said otherwise).   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Microsoft.

1 HR interview that included behavioural questions in addition to ligh technical questions, followed by 3 onsite interviews. 2 interview were focused on coding, and the third was purely testing.

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Microsoft.

I gave my resume to a recruiter at my college career fair and got an email invitation to an on-campus interview about 2 months later. Microsoft interviewed about 30 - 40 students on my campus back to back for 3 days so there was a lot of competition.

Anonymous Employee  in  University of Colorado, CO
    Anonymous Employee in University of Colorado, CO

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft in October 2013.

First, Microsoft representatives visited my university for a resume review. They basically reviewed my resume and gave me some guidance about the things to put and to remove from there. Then, they invited me to a small competition, it had nothing to do with the internship, to solve some problems, and they gave the winners some coupons. Then, they sent me an Email to sign up for a secondary interview at my university after which I could qualify for an interview at Redmond.

Interview Questions
    • It was not hard. He asked me to design and implement two simple functions enqueue and dequeue in any programming language I preferred.   View Answer

Intern Interview

asked a lot of questions for the firstt phone screen

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Microsoft.

Submitted my resume through my school's career center. Contacted a couple weeks later to schedule a phone interview. Couldn't understand the interviewer. Was notified via email a few weeks later that I was not selected for the final round in Seattle.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a challenging project you have completed   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Microsoft in February 2014.

Passed the first round on campus. Then they flew me to Bellevue, WA for on-site. 4 interviews back to back. Both behavioral and technical questions were asked. The recruiter told us the result right after the interview

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, just open technical questions that require a clear thinking process   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft.

I spoke on the phone first, then went to the Foundry for an interview

Interview Questions
    • Given a string, say the most repeated letter in the string   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Redmond, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft in February 2014.

Great people

Interview Questions
    • Asked how to code a program that draws a circle given a radius   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Bellingham, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in January 2014.

The interviewer called on time and we chitchatted for the first 5 minutes. It was mostly behavioral questions and brain teasers as he was from the HR.

Interview Questions
    • The marble question. I've heard of it before, but didn't bother thinking about it or looking up the answer online beforehand. Should've been easy, but the interviewer "hinted" that it would be easier with some visualization, so I went with that approach, which didn't help me any bit.   View Answer

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!