Microsoft

Updated Feb 24, 2015
Updated Feb 24, 2015

3.1

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Microsoft.

Did not make it to the actual on-site interview. But I had an interview on campus where they asked situation questions such as like "when was a time..." Then usually technical questions following. Interview takes about 30 minutes.

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Intern Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Microsoft.

Terrible, seemed like she did not want to be there. The questions were hard for saying no experience needed and she was not very engaging. Overall after the interview the culture of the company was not a fit for me. Great company just not for me.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft.

it was easy. Had two rounds of interviews and the questions were pretty simple. Was asked many resume related questions. I applied in the career fair of our campus and got a call within a week to attend an interview on campus. It was a 30 minute interview with questions on my resume. Later for the second round of interview i was asked to come to Seattle. Had three 45 minute interviews covering various topics like trees, hash maps, design problems, palindromes etc. Be confident and you are good to go.

Interview Questions
    • Find the prime numbers in a given range?
      Find the anagram meanings of a given string from a dictionary

Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft.

Applied at a career fair and received an on-campus interview around two or three weeks later. It was a 30 minute interview with half of it explaining your resume and projects. The other half was more technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Given two sorted lists, you had to find a solution that would merge the two in O(n) time.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

Referred by a friend. Then received an phone interview invitation from an engineer. The interview was fine. Coding problems like two-sum, possible paths from top-left corner to bottom-right corner, etc. Some basic machine learning questions.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft.

I was interviewed by an hiring representative on the Phone. Mostly questions about my projects and internship experience. There were plenty of behavioral questions and no technical questions. I talked about my internship projects and how it felt to be working in that situation and what I would change about the process if I could change anything.

There were a few questions about my classes and how I related to them. Mostly about my Data Structures and Algorithms class and how much of it I could relate to. Unfortunately its a class that I really disliked and could not say many good things about.

Interview Questions
    • What I would do differently with my internship project.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft in February 2015.

It was an on-campus interview, i went in to the building and waited to be called in. My interviewer was not a native English speaker which made it hard to communicate with him. He asked me a short personal question and asked what computer programming classes I have taken so far. Then he moved on to a technical question which was sort an Array. He did not give me much guidance and said to just write it down on paper and then show it to him.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Microsoft.

I applied the internship on their website. got a phone call to schedule a phone interview and fill out an application form. Few weeks later, I was told that I was rejected

Interview Questions
    • Please talk about an imperfection of other software and how do you improve it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Microsoft.

I was referred by a current intern at Microsoft, and got to contacted by a Microsoft recruiter to schedule an on-campus interview. My interviewer was nice and laid back. None of the questions were terribly unexpected. My interviewer asked about my past professional experiences and some parts of my resume before getting into the main interview question. When he saw that I was stuck, he would give hints and consider how that changed my thought process.

Interview Questions
    • Design the part of a (digital) product that will be released worldwide.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I gave my resume to recruiters at a career fair and received an email a couple weeks later for an in person interview. They asked me a couple questions based on my resume as well as a few design questions. I thought the interview went well. However, I did not advance in the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • How would you design an alarm clock for a blind person?   Answer Question