Microsoft

Getting the Interview

143 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume through my school's career center. Contacted a couple weeks later to schedule a phone interview. Couldn't understand the interviewer. Was notified via email a few weeks later that I was not selected for the final round in Seattle.

Interview Question – Tell me about a challenging project you have completed   Answer Question

Bellevue, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Microsoft in February 2014.

Interview Details – Passed the first round on campus. Then they flew me to Bellevue, WA for on-site. 4 interviews back to back. Both behavioral and technical questions were asked. The recruiter told us the result right after the interview

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected, just open technical questions that require a clear thinking process   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview Details – I spoke on the phone first, then went to the Foundry for an interview

Interview Question – Given a string, say the most repeated letter in the string   Answer Question

Redmond, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft in February 2014.

Interview Details – Great people

Interview Question – Asked how to code a program that draws a circle given a radius   Answer Question

Bellingham, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in January 2014.

Interview Details – The interviewer called on time and we chitchatted for the first 5 minutes. It was mostly behavioral questions and brain teasers as he was from the HR.

Interview Question – The marble question. I've heard of it before, but didn't bother thinking about it or looking up the answer online beforehand. Should've been easy, but the interviewer "hinted" that it would be easier with some visualization, so I went with that approach, which didn't help me any bit.   View Answer

Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in September 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted directly early in the intern recruitment season by Microsoft, as a friend who was previously a Microsoft intern put my name down as a good possible fit. Flown straight to Seattle for final round interviews after a brief 15 minute phone interview. Four interviews in total, each lasting about one hour. Was for the embedded systems department. Group of interviewees were given their decisions immediately after interviews finished; a little awkward being in the "loser" group.

Interview Question – How does a rotary buffer work? Implement it in C.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Microsoft

Interview Details – Basic data structures and algorithm questions were asked and was asked to write code. Which language we choose to write code was up to me. Once the basic algorithm was implemented, then, the question's complexity was increased. One good habit is to think out loud as that helps conveying to the interviewer on how we approach the problem. Overall experience was good.

Interview Question – I was expecting complex questions, but the interviewer asked very basic algorithm questions   Answer Question

State College, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft in October 2011.

Interview Details – They ask general questions as well as some coding problems.

Interview Question – They asked me to write a C program to check leap year (if a year is a leap year).   View Answers (2)

Interviewed at Microsoft

Interview Details – We talked about coding assignments. The interviewer asked about my background in coding. i said that I can code is JAva. He asked me a wuestion in Java. It was easy but a little difficult.

Interview Question – What is a loop   Answer Question

Interviewed at Microsoft

Interview Details – First-round was medium difficulty.

Interview Question – The situational questions   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Microsoft

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!

Microsoft Videos

Microsoft – Why Work for Us?

What do you want in a job? Do you want more than a paycheck? At Microsoft, you can discover potential you didn’t know you had, push your limits, turn your ideas into reality and make a real impact on the industry and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Microsoft Intern interview questions and advice. All 143 interview reviews posted anonymously by Microsoft employees and interview candidates.