Microsoft

Average Difficulty
153 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview Details – Was unsure about working for Microsoft, but I handed in my resume at the career fair anyway and got called for an interview the next day. The interviewer was very unprofessional. And when he asked and I described what I was looking for in a career, he took it to mean that I can't code (very false) and proceeded to a fifteen minute lecture on why coding was important. I lost interest in the interview soon after that.

Interview Question – Fairly simple logic puzzle (because he assumed I couldn't code - even though my resume and I said otherwise).   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview Details – 1 HR interview that included behavioural questions in addition to ligh technical questions, followed by 3 onsite interviews. 2 interview were focused on coding, and the third was purely testing.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview Details – I gave my resume to a recruiter at my college career fair and got an email invitation to an on-campus interview about 2 months later. Microsoft interviewed about 30 - 40 students on my campus back to back for 3 days so there was a lot of competition.

Interview Question – How would you design an elevator?   View Answers (3)

University of Colorado, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft in October 2013.

Interview Details – First, Microsoft representatives visited my university for a resume review. They basically reviewed my resume and gave me some guidance about the things to put and to remove from there. Then, they invited me to a small competition, it had nothing to do with the internship, to solve some problems, and they gave the winners some coupons. Then, they sent me an Email to sign up for a secondary interview at my university after which I could qualify for an interview at Redmond.

Interview Question – It was not hard. He asked me to design and implement two simple functions enqueue and dequeue in any programming language I preferred.   View Answer

Interviewed at Microsoft

Interview Details – asked a lot of questions for the firstt phone screen

Interview Question – Design a remote control for Children   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume through my school's career center. Contacted a couple weeks later to schedule a phone interview. Couldn't understand the interviewer. Was notified via email a few weeks later that I was not selected for the final round in Seattle.

Interview Question – Tell me about a challenging project you have completed   Answer Question

Bellevue, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Microsoft in February 2014.

Interview Details – Passed the first round on campus. Then they flew me to Bellevue, WA for on-site. 4 interviews back to back. Both behavioral and technical questions were asked. The recruiter told us the result right after the interview

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected, just open technical questions that require a clear thinking process   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview Details – I spoke on the phone first, then went to the Foundry for an interview

Interview Question – Given a string, say the most repeated letter in the string   Answer Question

Redmond, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft in February 2014.

Interview Details – Great people

Interview Question – Asked how to code a program that draws a circle given a radius   Answer Question

Bellingham, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in January 2014.

Interview Details – The interviewer called on time and we chitchatted for the first 5 minutes. It was mostly behavioral questions and brain teasers as he was from the HR.

Interview Question – The marble question. I've heard of it before, but didn't bother thinking about it or looking up the answer online beforehand. Should've been easy, but the interviewer "hinted" that it would be easier with some visualization, so I went with that approach, which didn't help me any bit.   View Answer

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!