Microsoft

Updated Jan 22, 2015

3.1

206 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

Referred by a friend. Then received an phone interview invitation from an engineer. The interview was fine. Coding problems like two-sum, possible paths from top-left corner to bottom-right corner, etc. Some basic machine learning questions.

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Intern Interview

I gave my resume to recruiters at a career fair and received an email a couple weeks later for an in person interview. They asked me a couple questions based on my resume as well as a few design questions. I thought the interview went well. However, I did not advance in the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • How would you design an alarm clock for a blind person?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Applied at my university career fair. Got an on campus interview call in a week. The interviewer asked 2 technical coding questions and was not concerned with the syntax of the code. Focus more on logic and efficiency.

Interview Questions
    • Gave me a solution to a question and asked if its possible .
      Solution was is it possible to find if two strings anagrams by doing xor operation between them ?

View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Microsoft.

I gave Microsoft recruiters my resume at the job fair and they contacted me that night inviting me to a dinner with them and other potential employees a few days later. About a week after the job fair I got an email inviting me to an on campus interview. The interview said I would hear back from them in a month (regardless of the result). About three weeks later I got an email telling me I had passed to final round interviews the following month. I went to the Boston office and had 4-45 minute interviews over the course of a morning. They were all very nice and made sure to give time between interviews to recuperate. The coulture at Microsoft seemed great, especially with the changes being made by the new CEO. They are more receptive to open source and non-windows solutions.

No negotiations.

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Microsoft.

Over phone interview, all behavioral questions. One logic puzzle.The interview lasted app 30 minutes. The guy seemed impatient because I was the last one of the day. It went well, I asked him some questions to show interest about women in the company. His answer was kind of made up. Made up some stats on Google, which are not correct.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Microsoft.

The process is clearly outlined by them - submit your resume, if the resume gets through you have a short 30 minute interview (mine was on campus), and then if you pass that you go to Seattle and have a full day of interviews there.

Interview Questions
    • Design a popup modal for people from different cultures   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Gave resume to recruiter at job fair, about a month later I did an interview in person at my school, about two weeks later got invited to hiring day. The interviewers were friendly, smart, and the questions weren't extremely difficult

Intern Interview

moved quickly, had interview on campus, then at the microsoft campus had four rounds of interview. each interview was around fourty five minutes

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

I applied in school career fair, and got an interview a month later. A University recruiter came to my University. He introduced himself and the internship program the day before interview day in a small meeting.
    During the interview, he asked me a question related to strings and pointers.
    After that, we talked about testing and refinement of the previous program.
    Another problem is about linked list.

Interview Questions
    • You should really know how to manipulate pointers in C   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Microsoft in December 2014.

Gave my resume to a recruiter at a campus info session and got an email about 2 weeks later telling me to sign up for an on campus interview. Despite getting the only technical question wrong, I got an on site interview. The on site interview consisted for 4 technical interviews. It might be because I'm a sophomore, but the questions weren't very hard. All of them were about arrays, strings, or linked lists. I made a few mistakes, so I didn't end up getting an offer.