Microsoft Intern Interview Questions

Updated Apr 3, 2015
Updated Apr 3, 2015

3.1

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

It was a great experience, the interviewer was really nice. Being the first interview I have had in a while, I was tripped up with the question. But, the interviewer gave timely hints and the process moved along smoothly and nicely! I would interview with Microsoft again!

Interview Questions

• Sorting Question? I don't quite remember. But it was very similar to merge sort.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Through campus recruiting. They had a coding competition, and had recruiters walking around listening to us. They asked for people's names later. I personally wasn't able to solve a problem, but I think they based it on the team collaboration. I gave my resume and was contacted for an interview 2 weeks later. The interview itself was at our university and lasted for 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Given a file system, how will you find and delete a duplicate file?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Submitted my resume at University event and got called into the first round of on-campus interviews. Sat in a small room with an engineer and asked me some behavioral questions -- like the most interesting things I've done in class or any interesting problems I've solved on projects. Then moved onto the technical questions with me coding on notebook in front of him at the table.

Interview Questions

• Simple string manipulation questions. Then about how I would test it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

Got the first round of interview through campus recruiting. Heard from them less than a week telling me that I was selected to an on-site. 3 weeks later, an interview scheduler contacted me and settled me with a detailed schedule quickly. During the final interview, I stayed on the main campus a whole day (from 10am to 4pm) interviewing with 4 different people from the team. All of them were nice and challenged my solution in a good way. The recruiter was also very nice. He gave me the offer on next day's morning and explained in so much detail about the compensation, which made me really excited. I accepted the offer right away.

Interview Questions

• What was the most interesting/challenging bug that you fixed? Describe the process.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft (San Diego, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a good ranking in the Microsoft College Code Competition and got the interview. Microsoft's recruiting is really slow. They gave me the interview very late, and now it has been 3 weeks since the interview, I haven't heard a thing from them. I may choose other company at the end.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to introduce my pertinent experiences. After that there was a very easy coding question. Give you an array, find the two numbers that are closest to each other. Return the smallest pair if there are more than one solutions.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Did not make it to the actual on-site interview. But I had an interview on campus where they asked situation questions such as like "when was a time..." Then usually technical questions following. Interview takes about 30 minutes.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Terrible, seemed like she did not want to be there. The questions were hard for saying no experience needed and she was not very engaging. Overall after the interview the culture of the company was not a fit for me. Great company just not for me.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

it was easy. Had two rounds of interviews and the questions were pretty simple. Was asked many resume related questions. I applied in the career fair of our campus and got a call within a week to attend an interview on campus. It was a 30 minute interview with questions on my resume. Later for the second round of interview i was asked to come to Seattle. Had three 45 minute interviews covering various topics like trees, hash maps, design problems, palindromes etc. Be confident and you are good to go.

Interview Questions

• Find the prime numbers in a given range?
      Find the anagram meanings of a given string from a dictionary

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Applied at a career fair and received an on-campus interview around two or three weeks later. It was a 30 minute interview with half of it explaining your resume and projects. The other half was more technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Given two sorted lists, you had to find a solution that would merge the two in O(n) time.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I was interviewed by an hiring representative on the Phone. Mostly questions about my projects and internship experience. There were plenty of behavioral questions and no technical questions. I talked about my internship projects and how it felt to be working in that situation and what I would change about the process if I could change anything.

There were a few questions about my classes and how I related to them. Mostly about my Data Structures and Algorithms class and how much of it I could relate to. Unfortunately its a class that I really disliked and could not say many good things about.

Interview Questions

• What I would do differently with my internship project.   Answer Question