Microsoft Intern Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Madison, WI).

Interview

The campus interview was not hard and asked mostly basic data structure questions. The "walk me through your resume" questions are where we spend the most time. You will most likely be interviewed with a person form either engineering team or PM team.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

It was a great experience, the interviewer was really nice. Being the first interview I have had in a while, I was tripped up with the question. But, the interviewer gave timely hints and the process moved along smoothly and nicely! I would interview with Microsoft again!

Interview Questions

• Sorting Question? I don't quite remember. But it was very similar to merge sort.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Through campus recruiting. They had a coding competition, and had recruiters walking around listening to us. They asked for people's names later. I personally wasn't able to solve a problem, but I think they based it on the team collaboration. I gave my resume and was contacted for an interview 2 weeks later. The interview itself was at our university and lasted for 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Given a file system, how will you find and delete a duplicate file?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Submitted my resume at University event and got called into the first round of on-campus interviews. Sat in a small room with an engineer and asked me some behavioral questions -- like the most interesting things I've done in class or any interesting problems I've solved on projects. Then moved onto the technical questions with me coding on notebook in front of him at the table.

Interview Questions

• Simple string manipulation questions. Then about how I would test it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (San Diego, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a good ranking in the Microsoft College Code Competition and got the interview. Microsoft's recruiting is really slow. They gave me the interview very late, and now it has been 3 weeks since the interview, I haven't heard a thing from them. I may choose other company at the end.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to introduce my pertinent experiences. After that there was a very easy coding question. Give you an array, find the two numbers that are closest to each other. Return the smallest pair if there are more than one solutions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through the university career fair, got a call for an interview schedule. Scheduled first interview and cleared it, after that got call for onsite interviews. 4 onsite interviews 45 mins each.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Did not make it to the actual on-site interview. But I had an interview on campus where they asked situation questions such as like "when was a time..." Then usually technical questions following. Interview takes about 30 minutes.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Applied at a career fair and received an on-campus interview around two or three weeks later. It was a 30 minute interview with half of it explaining your resume and projects. The other half was more technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Given two sorted lists, you had to find a solution that would merge the two in O(n) time.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Columbus, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

It was an on-campus interview, i went in to the building and waited to be called in. My interviewer was not a native English speaker which made it hard to communicate with him. He asked me a short personal question and asked what computer programming classes I have taken so far. Then he moved on to a technical question which was sort an Array. He did not give me much guidance and said to just write it down on paper and then show it to him.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I was interviewed by an hiring representative on the Phone. Mostly questions about my projects and internship experience. There were plenty of behavioral questions and no technical questions. I talked about my internship projects and how it felt to be working in that situation and what I would change about the process if I could change anything. There were a few questions about my classes and how I related to them. Mostly about my Data Structures and Algorithms class and how much of it I could relate to. Unfortunately its a class that I really disliked and could not say many good things about.

Interview Questions

• What I would do differently with my internship project.   Answer Question