Microsoft Intern Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

3.1

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

The recruit conducted a 30 minute interview person on my campus. He only asked me two things on my resume and jumped straight into the technical quesiton

Interview Questions

• THe question he asked was implementing the windows desktop and how each individua windows coordinate with the desktop.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Qualifications may be necessary in securing an IT job, but head hunters at Microsoft often look under the hood for passion and self-awareness.
    "If you're going to be supporting the financial services industry, we'll ask if you've worked in a bank," he said. "Sometimes, it's not about having knowledge of our technology--it's about knowledge of how the financial sector operates."

Because Microsoft is evolving to better understand its customers' businesses, rather than just selling software, the company is looking for different talent. "We engage the candidates to let them know what Microsoft is all about and the problems we have."

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I had a 30 minute on-campus interview. They asked a few behavioral questions. Then they asked me a coding question that was basically binary search. They had me write code on paper and then asked me about test cases.

Interview Questions

• How to find a missing number from a group of numbers from 1 to N (but only N-1 numbers). How would you test your code?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

If you have a good resume, they'll put you through the first phone interview screening with a recruiter. They'll ask some behavioral questions during the phone screening (how did you get into computer science, have you ever coded anything for fun outside of work or school), ask you what divisions you're interested in, etc. If you get through that, and they find an interest or match in you, you'll go onto the next rounds of interviews which may be on Skype or in person. Changes a lot.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever coded anything outside of work and school?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

I submit my cv and get an message after 3 weeks. We have a meet in their office in beijing. They asked my previous projects, programming experience and how long I want to stay in this company. I said I can only stay in this position for half year or less. Then they ask some algorithm question.

Interview Questions

• They asked a Hidden markov chain question. Asked me to build the state graph and calculate the transformation probability.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

It was a phone interview and i was asked the following:
    what are the differences between C and java.
    what was the most difficult project i had attended ->how many lines, how was my cooperation with the others
    how would i explain the internet to a child
    if you have two bottles of 3 and 5 liters how will you make 4 liters.
    How would i test a keyboard.

Interview Questions

• differences between C and Java.It was not so hard but it was long.   Answer Question
    • How would you determine the heaviest marble among 9 marbles where one is heavier and you can use the scale only twice?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

Very similar to most companies, it was a 2 step process - phone interviews, and then a face-to-face interview. In the case of the face-to-face interview, I was flown out for 2 days and provided with accommodation and reimbursements for food & transportation. The interview was with multiple people for about an hour each, I was interviewed by 4 people in total. The interview process was very open and helpful, each person clearly stated what they thought about me as a candidate and added lots of tips to help me with my career.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions, but the hardest questions were about hypothetical situations that could arise working together in a collaborative work environment, and how I would conduct myself in such situations.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

It was 3 written round before interview.
    first was completely based on the aptitude...it was time consuming especially the flow chart problems of the programming category..the following evenning we faced coding round..
    it had got 3 question..and all of dem were of medium diffculty level contributing a time frame of 1 and half hours in whole...
    after few weeks we were informed abt the interview round but rite b4 interview we were needed to go one more conding round having 2 problem under the surveillance of microsoft ppl..then next were two interview round and 1 HR round.the whole process extended to upto 2 am.

Interview Questions

• there was aquestion about linked list and a question abt rotation of array.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft (Boston, MA) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied through a job fair and got an email from Microsoft the next week. Had my first interview through the phone and was asked all design related questions: test a pen, design an alarm clock for a visually-impaired person, etc. Received an email the next day informing me that I had made it to the next round.

Interviewed at Microsoft's Boston location. One of the interviewers was indisposed, so we only had three interviews instead of the intended four. They asked one technical question per round which didn't take up all the time, and we also discussed my resume and previous experience.

The process took the entire morning, after which they fed us lunch and told us the results. This gave us the entire afternoon to explore the city.

Interview Questions

• If you have two circles on a Cartesian plane and are given only their radii and the location of their center points on the plane, how can you tell if they overlap?

Write a program the determines if a word is a palindrome or not. Then test it.

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

It was a campus interview. It was a 30 min interview. The interviewer asked questions on previous projects for the first 15 mins and then asked a programming question