Microsoft Intern Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

3.1

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

Referred by a friend. Then received an phone interview invitation from an engineer. The interview was fine. Coding problems like two-sum, possible paths from top-left corner to bottom-right corner, etc. Some basic machine learning questions.

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Microsoft.

I applied the internship on their website. got a phone call to schedule a phone interview and fill out an application form. Few weeks later, I was told that I was rejected

Interview Questions
    • Please talk about an imperfection of other software and how do you improve it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Microsoft.

I was referred by a current intern at Microsoft, and got to contacted by a Microsoft recruiter to schedule an on-campus interview. My interviewer was nice and laid back. None of the questions were terribly unexpected. My interviewer asked about my past professional experiences and some parts of my resume before getting into the main interview question. When he saw that I was stuck, he would give hints and consider how that changed my thought process.

Interview Questions
    • Design the part of a (digital) product that will be released worldwide.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I gave my resume to recruiters at a career fair and received an email a couple weeks later for an in person interview. They asked me a couple questions based on my resume as well as a few design questions. I thought the interview went well. However, I did not advance in the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • How would you design an alarm clock for a blind person?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Applied at my university career fair. Got an on campus interview call in a week. The interviewer asked 2 technical coding questions and was not concerned with the syntax of the code. Focus more on logic and efficiency.

Interview Questions
    • Gave me a solution to a question and asked if its possible .
      Solution was is it possible to find if two strings anagrams by doing xor operation between them ?

View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Microsoft in January 2015.

Applied online and got an email about a month later asking to schedule an over the phone interview. The phone interview is about 30 minutes long and we went over my resume and why I applied for Microsoft. Over all the first interview is pretty basic.. About a month later they sent me another email to set up a 2nd interview at Microsoft.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsoft in January 2015.

Applied for a Game Programming Internship through my university at a career fair. The interview was a 30 minute on-campus interview. Was first asked questions related to my resume. Then he asked me to merge two sorted linked lists. The interviewer was really nice and there was no rush throughout the interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft in January 2015.

A very warm and welcoming experience. I was called for on site at the head office in Seattle. nitially had a on campus interview at my university. It was short 30 minute interview where they went over my resume and had a quick technical question.
    I heard back around 3 weeks later, mainly b/c I had a offer that was on the verge of expiring. They flew me out to the Redmond campus that same week.
    The day of the interview, I arrived on site around 8am and had a quick chat with HR. They told me which team I was interviewing for and sent me to the building for the interviews. I had 5 interviews and 1 lunch interview. This lasted until around 3PM.

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Microsoft.

Over phone interview, all behavioral questions. One logic puzzle.The interview lasted app 30 minutes. The guy seemed impatient because I was the last one of the day. It went well, I asked him some questions to show interest about women in the company. His answer was kind of made up. Made up some stats on Google, which are not correct.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Microsoft.

I gave Microsoft recruiters my resume at the job fair and they contacted me that night inviting me to a dinner with them and other potential employees a few days later. About a week after the job fair I got an email inviting me to an on campus interview. The interview said I would hear back from them in a month (regardless of the result). About three weeks later I got an email telling me I had passed to final round interviews the following month. I went to the Boston office and had 4-45 minute interviews over the course of a morning. They were all very nice and made sure to give time between interviews to recuperate. The coulture at Microsoft seemed great, especially with the changes being made by the new CEO. They are more receptive to open source and non-windows solutions.

No negotiations.