Microsoft Intern Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft (Columbus, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

It was an on-campus interview, i went in to the building and waited to be called in. My interviewer was not a native English speaker which made it hard to communicate with him. He asked me a short personal question and asked what computer programming classes I have taken so far. Then he moved on to a technical question which was sort an Array. He did not give me much guidance and said to just write it down on paper and then show it to him.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft in February 2015.

Interview

I applied for a Finance Rotational internship with Microsoft through my University. I was contacted and scheduled an interview through Microsoft's own signup software. The woman who interviewed me was pretty withdrawn/unwelcoming. All she did was ask me questions and write down my answers; she seemed almost unfriendly or uninterested. None of my questions were typical behavioral questions either, even though that was what I was expecting (for example, I never got a "name a time when..."); all of the questions I was asked were very specific to certain experiences I had on my resume or unrelated and technical questions. I was also asked basic accounting questions, questions about Microsoft's own products and specific questions about my experiences. This was my first interview so I'm sure I could have prepared more beforehand but based on what I read online and what I was told from Microsoft's recruiter I was unprepared for what I would be asked. Overall, it was a good learning experience! It definitely prepared me for other interviews I've had recently.

Interview Questions

• Based on the current US markets, what are your predictions for the future economy?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I applied the internship on their website. got a phone call to schedule a phone interview and fill out an application form. Few weeks later, I was told that I was rejected

Interview Questions

• Please talk about an imperfection of other software and how do you improve it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Referred by a friend. Then received an phone interview invitation from an engineer. The interview was fine. Coding problems like two-sum, possible paths from top-left corner to bottom-right corner, etc. Some basic machine learning questions.

Interview Questions

• How to store huge number of strings.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I was referred by a current intern at Microsoft, and got to contacted by a Microsoft recruiter to schedule an on-campus interview. My interviewer was nice and laid back. None of the questions were terribly unexpected. My interviewer asked about my past professional experiences and some parts of my resume before getting into the main interview question. When he saw that I was stuck, he would give hints and consider how that changed my thought process.

Interview Questions

• Design the part of a (digital) product that will be released worldwide.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

I gave my resume to recruiters at a career fair and received an email a couple weeks later for an in person interview. They asked me a couple questions based on my resume as well as a few design questions. I thought the interview went well. However, I did not advance in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• How would you design an alarm clock for a blind person?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

Applied at my university career fair. Got an on campus interview call in a week. The interviewer asked 2 technical coding questions and was not concerned with the syntax of the code. Focus more on logic and efficiency.

Interview Questions

• Gave me a solution to a question and asked if its possible .
      Solution was is it possible to find if two strings anagrams by doing xor operation between them ?

1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got an email about a month later asking to schedule an over the phone interview. The phone interview is about 30 minutes long and we went over my resume and why I applied for Microsoft. Over all the first interview is pretty basic.. About a month later they sent me another email to set up a 2nd interview at Microsoft.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsoft (San Diego, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied for a Game Programming Internship through my university at a career fair. The interview was a 30 minute on-campus interview. Was first asked questions related to my resume. Then he asked me to merge two sorted linked lists. The interviewer was really nice and there was no rush throughout the interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

A very warm and welcoming experience. I was called for on site at the head office in Seattle. nitially had a on campus interview at my university. It was short 30 minute interview where they went over my resume and had a quick technical question.
    I heard back around 3 weeks later, mainly b/c I had a offer that was on the verge of expiring. They flew me out to the Redmond campus that same week.
    The day of the interview, I arrived on site around 8am and had a quick chat with HR. They told me which team I was interviewing for and sent me to the building for the interviews. I had 5 interviews and 1 lunch interview. This lasted until around 3PM.