Microsoft

Getting the Interview

143 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Redmond, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Microsoft in December 2012.

Interview Details – MS Came to my university and i took the first interview there, after this, another 2 interviews by Skype.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, just some string questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview Details – The interview was ok. They asked very simple questions as it was just a screening. Nothing unexpected. I was really on the edge because it was my first time.

Interviewed at Microsoft

Interview Details – One on-campus interview followed by on-site interview. Flew out to Redmond. Had 3 interviews of mostly how-to-approach design problems and very easy technical questions.

Interview Question – Given the two coordinates of opposite corners of two rectangles, are they intersecting?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Microsoft in May 2013.

Interview Details – It was a written test that tested my theoretical skills and it was followed by a personal interview

Interview Question – i was asked about what i think of windows security wise   Answer Question

Redmond, WA

I interviewed at Microsoft in July 2013.

Interview Details – Bing team

First interview: What is a random variable? Sample k elements from an array. What is special with normal distribution? Write a function that computes the number of different paths in a grid.

Second interview: How would you sort a 100Gb file with 1Gb of RAM?

Third interview: Write a function that find in an array the contiguous sequence of integers having the largest sum.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   View Answer

Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in November 2012.

Interview Details – the process was clear and the people were very friendly. the phone interview contains of behavioral as well as aptitude and design questions

Interview Question – design a calculator   Answer Question

Interviewed at Microsoft

Interview Details – They asked me how would i test a coffe cup.

Interview Question – How would you determine the temperature if you are locked in a room without windows.   View Answer

West Lafayette, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview Details – Interview started off with a simple 1 to 1 conversation. Nothing to technical, they just wanted to determine if I was worth a 2nd round of interviews.
During the 2nd round of interviews, I was interviewed by 2 people. The first was good and friendly, but the second was some Asia person who barely spoke English. I got confused with what he was saying, he was confused by my questions, and it didn't end very well.

Interview Question – Probably the hardest question were the logic questions. But it wasn't very difficult.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview Details – The interview process was very smooth, three on site interviews. They were nice and asked simple technical questions.

Interview Question – Program manager question   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in February 2013.

Interview Details – Met with recruiter in career fair, and get the first round on campus interview. The interview lasts for 30 minutes. The interviewer asked about my preference for the job and then a design question.

Interview Question – Design a parking meter.   Answer Question