Microsoft

Average Difficulty
152 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Microsoft

Interview Details – They asked me how would i test a coffe cup.

Interview Question – How would you determine the temperature if you are locked in a room without windows.   View Answer

West Lafayette, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview Details – Interview started off with a simple 1 to 1 conversation. Nothing to technical, they just wanted to determine if I was worth a 2nd round of interviews.
During the 2nd round of interviews, I was interviewed by 2 people. The first was good and friendly, but the second was some Asia person who barely spoke English. I got confused with what he was saying, he was confused by my questions, and it didn't end very well.

Interview Question – Probably the hardest question were the logic questions. But it wasn't very difficult.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview Details – The interview process was very smooth, three on site interviews. They were nice and asked simple technical questions.

Interview Question – Program manager question   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in February 2013.

Interview Details – Met with recruiter in career fair, and get the first round on campus interview. The interview lasts for 30 minutes. The interviewer asked about my preference for the job and then a design question.

Interview Question – Design a parking meter.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online - interviewed at Microsoft in March 2013.

Interview Details – Had an interview on telephone from a recruiting manager. She asked me about basic data structures, work experience related questions and a puzzle. After a couple of weeks i was informed that i am to go onsite for interview. Interview day was a chaos, we didn know when we are supposed to reach the office so got to office at 7AM seeing glassdoor reviews. The HR apologized as she forgot to send mail about interview and they started off the interview process at 9AM. Four rounds of interview and all technical. We were taken for lunch post interviews and escorted back to the hotel. Late night at 11PM i got a mail saying i was not selected.

Interview Questions

• The hiring manager wanted me to critisize the microsoft products. I was caught off gaurd at this.   Answer Question
  • Given a string check for palindrome. If it is not a palindrome add characters at end or start of the string to make it palindrome and return the string.   Answer Question
  • Having 5 columns of data in a flat file where an application would query on any of the five columns or in combination, the records are in millions, how would you design the structure to hold data and retrieve the data.   View Answers (2)
  • Rest of the questions were simple. Sorting, palindrome, elevator problem, unique characters and character count problems.   Answer Question

Rochester, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft in January 2013.

Interview Details – Gave them my Resume in the Fall career fair in RIT and my Resume had Microsoft technologies and relevant background. Got an E-Mail saying they would want to interview me over telephone for their IT Operations team.

Interview Question – So tell me why are you passionate about Microsoft?   View Answer

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in February 2013.

Interview Details – they came to uic..and had a 30 minute interview.questions were reverse letters of each word in a sentence.Hello World->olleH dlroW..second was remove duplicates from single circular linked list..last was a project manager based question ..give feedback on design of product..mouse..

Interview Question – remove duplicates from single circular linked list   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume on Campus during some event. Got a call for telephonic interview, which was about my projects on my resume. After that I got a call for Seattle round.
Had 3 rounds of interviews.

Interview Question – 15 tile problem, 4*4 grid which has 15 tiles numbered 1 to 15 and given in shuffled order. I was asked to provide an algorithm to to arrange the tiles.   Answer Question

Redmond, WA

I interviewed at Microsoft in October 2012.

Interview Details – Sent out my resume through campus recruiter. Got an email a week later to schedule an interview. Interviewed on university campus. Interviewer was very friendly and asked about my resume for about 20 minutes. One coding questing at the very end.

Interviewed at Microsoft

Interview Details – This was my first phone screen with Microsoft. It was supposed to last 30 minutes, but mine ran over a little. My recruiter read off a list of questions and recorded my answers. No coding questions. My recruiter just wanted to see if I was a good fit for any internship position.

Interview Question – You have 9 marbles. All of them are exactly the same, except one is slightly heavier than the rest. You have a balance scale. How can you find the heavier marble if you only use the balance scale twice.   View Answer