Microsoft Interview Questions

4,476 Interview Reviews

3.2

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA).

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward asked a lot of question about my experience. Understanding of how to design an application is important. 4 interviews total after the initial phone screen.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a beverage machine application?   4 Answers

Embedded Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

There were no technical questions because this was a contract (if you don't have the know-how, it's easier for them to hire you, and lay you off than to fly you out for an on site interview).

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Applied through my university career fair. It was a phone interview for an internship. Most of the questions were related to algorithms and data structures. If you are good at data structures, you can ace the interview.

Interview Questions

• Don't remember much. One of them was the difference between an arraylist and linked list.   Answer Question

STE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA).

Interview

a- contract position. Single interview, because nobody else on the team had time to interview, that took about 1 hour. Had a connection on the team, so maybe they just gave me the benefit of doubt. Manager interviewing was a great guy, and asked some standard QA questions. He did inform me, as he did know that I knew how to program, that a SDET position would ask more white board questions, then proceeded to ask me one. Lucky me, I had reviewed something very similar, so I might have surprised him at how quickly I was able to come up with a solution while applying for a STE position.

Interview Questions

• List out all the testing methodologies that you can remember; then expect to explain more about them later in detail.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Madison, WI).

Interview

The campus interview was not hard and asked mostly basic data structure questions. The "walk me through your resume" questions are where we spend the most time. You will most likely be interviewed with a person form either engineering team or PM team.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

It was a long day, 5 interviews, but very well planned. Employees were very professional and respectful. There didn't seem to be any tricks, just comfortable. They were very upfront about the contenders and the timeline of the process.

Premium Search Account Manager Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY).

Interview

The whole process was disorganized and multiple recruiters who didn't actually work for Microsoft. Not only did they wait until the day before to confirm the interview, but I also had to spend $341 on a train ticket that was never reembursed even after a recruiter offered to "fly me up to New York".

Research Interview

Interview

They ask various questions about your general research and the problems you are currently working on. They also ask various hard technical questions related to your research area, so they can understand if you have a strong grasp of the research literature. They are also interested in coding projects you have worked in the past (especially if you apply for a very technical project). You basically have to showcase that you are a great hacker + have great research skills (through papers, talks, etc).

Interview Questions

• Describe your contribution in one of your main papers, and how it compares with the state of the art. Then a lot of discussion on it, why you did things a certain way, etc.   Answer Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

There were two 30-minute screens with recruiters. They were followed by four 45-minute interviews on 1:1 basis with a team of Directors, Senior Directors, and a GM. All questions were behavioral or situational. There were no case or critical thinking questions. Also, there were no exams or assessments. The interviewers were coordinated with their questions to develop holistic perspective.

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

There were overall 3 interviews as I am an internal candidate. First two were focused on data structures, the third one is about a design. Total 3 hours for interviews. The questions were related to Graph theory and dynamic programming in data structures area. The design question was related to building scalable notification system. Interviewers asked for recent experiences and challenges and also the reason for looking for change. The questions were closely related to the problems the teams are working on.

Interview Questions

• The technical questions are:1. How do you find if a directed graph is a tree and code for it? 2. Dynamic programming - 5 Painters to paint homes at the least cost - given different cost for painting with different colors(3 choice colors). Conditon: No adjacent homes in the 5 houses that are in a row can't have same color. 3. Design a scalable notification system.   1 Answer