Microsoft Senior Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) Interview Questions

3.3

Senior Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Interviewed with 5 people in 1 day. Group interview included the hiring manager, developers, testers and other senior people in the team. Each interview took an hour. It was overwhelming.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you did not get along with your coworkers. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very easy.

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Senior Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Typically consists of an initial technical phone screen and then a round of up to 6 interviews.

Interview Questions

• Standard array of technical questions for the industry, but focusing more on the approach to a problem than knowing the correct answers immediately   Answer Question

Negotiation

None, I was a college grad and didn't have any negotiation options

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA).

Interview

Planning, initial communication - very good 5 interviews Work culture is different from group to group and varies. Offices - based on seniority; some groups have people sharing offices, some use cubicles.

Interview Questions

• What would be your ideal job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA).

Interview

Had multiple interviews. One on campus interview and then multiple interviews at Microsoft in Redmond. Interview questions consisted of algorithms and personal questions about what you have done. Interviewers asked question about sorting and performing string manipulations.

Interview Questions

• Find the most amount of palindromes in a given string.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA).

Interview

he 1st was a telephone technical interview. then i was called onsite. which had 3 interviews.

Interview Questions

• finad all plaindromes ina string.   2 Answers

Senior Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in May 2011.

Interview

Applied for a position within SQL Server group. Had two phone screen interviews with the test engineers. The questions are all technical, i.e. object oriented programming and SQL. Within two days I got invitation to a full-day on-site interviews starting from 8 AM to 5 PM including lunch interviews. Four interviews with engineers/architects and two with managers. Again typical programming interview questions, SQL, and database related questions, e.g. different types of join implementation.

Interview Questions

• Lowest common ancestor of two given nodes within a binary tree.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in January 2008.

Interview

1 phone interview (around 20 minutes about general CS concepts), after I passed that they scheduled another on site interview with four different people. That one lasted around 4 hours.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really unexpected. I would say that reading the "Programming Interviews Exposed" book got me the job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in February 2007.

Interview

Started off with an e-mail question that I had to respond to. After that, a phone interview - some questions regarding real-time OS systems and concurrency issues. On-site had 6 interviews. The first 3 interviews were planned, the rest were added on later on. The last interview was with a director who asked non-technical questions

Interview Questions

• Implement a counting semaphore using only binary mutexes   1 Answer

Low salary overall.

Senior Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Hyderābād (India)) in June 2013.

Interview

Though i applied online to a position in Microsoft for more than a month, i only received the call from the recruiter a day after i got a reference. Now though i applied for a Program Manager position, the recruiter informed me that my profile suited another position: SDET 2 among the current openings. I never did have any formal testing experience prior in my career but when the recruiter mentioned that development was the integral part of the profile. My interview was with a Lead Tester whose questions were excellent analytical questions in Testing scenarios. He did not ask any typical technical questions (which otherwise can be googled). He was really testing my thinking on how i would test a product.

Interview Questions

• How will you manage multilingual (Hundreds of languages) testing of a Product in a very very short notice i.e. you cannot test all of them.   1 Answer
    • Prepare a detailed Test Plan Document: Resources required, Hardware required,Test Scenarios, Time required etc for "testing a Simple Web application form with 3 text fields and 2 numeric fields". He asked me to first ask him all the requirements as one would ask the client.   Answer Question

Senior Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft in October 2012.

Interview

I submitted my resume at a University career fair and was invited to an on-campus interview a few days later. The interview consisted of some questions about my personal projects and one coding question. I outlined several solutions to the coding question but ended up writing a different one from what I explained. I was still invited to the final round because I had outlined a good solution when talking it over with the interviewer.