Microsoft

Average Difficulty
3,343 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) Interview

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET)
Redmond, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Microsoft in January 2014.

Interview Details – On-campus interview, then called onto Redmond campus for a full day of interviews.

Interview Question – Similar to questions on glassdoor, careercup and cracking the coding interview. How to test a vending machine.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test Internship Interview

Software Development Engineer In Test Internship

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview Details – College recruiting, flew out to campus interviews, had 4 on site interviews, contacted 1 day afterward with results. Interviewers were all very friendly and shared why they chose Microsoft over startups/etc. why the position was exciting. Definitely changed my impression of Microsoft as a great place to work and persuaded me to join the team over a startup offer, even for the SDET position.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult, wanted to know how to track duplicate words in a book.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Senior Product Manager
Redmond, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview Details – First, a third party recruiter contacted me and we talked for about 45 minutes. Then a Microsoft employee recruiter interviewed me for about 30 minutes. Then the hiring manager interviewed me. Then they flew both me and my spouse out for a two-day interview process.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were experienced based (tell me about a time when .....) or behavioral based (what would you do if...) Toughest question was when one of the interviewers started out the interview by telling me that he didn't think I was right for the job.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, the package was more than I asked for.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Software Development Engineer Interview

Software Development Engineer
Redmond, WA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft in June 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was fairly technical, There were five rounds of interviews. Each interview was an hour. There was a lunch interview which lasted 90 mins.

Interview Question – Permutations of a words in a sentence.   Answer Question

Test Apprentice In Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Test Apprentice In Software Development Engineer In Test

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview Details – There is an initial phone interview. On the phone interview, you will get asked a few behavioral questions and a brain teaser to test your thinking skills. When they pass you on the phone interview, you will be flown out to Seattle. It was about a 5 person interview. Between each interviewer, you will get asked to wait about 5 minutes while they give each other notes. It's a nice break in between because you get to sit and absorb the atmosphere.

The same night, they arranged a current employee to take me out to dinner whom I got to have an informal conversation about the company and position.

Interview Question – An interviewer showed me a few behaviors with a product and asked me if I can confirm or deny that it is a bug.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview Details – First was the phone call with HR. Getting to know me and other logical questions.

Interview Question – Simple logic questions, very interesting. Only made it to the first interview.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Software Development Engineer

Interviewed at Microsoft

Interview Details – Interview Question:
1. Why do you want to come to Microsoft
2. Among all the projects you have done, what is the most difficult one or the one that you are most proud of?
What problems did you solve?
3. Given an array of random real numbers, find the sum of the subset with the maximum sum.

Interview Question – All of them are not very hard   View Answer

Solution Sales Professional Interview

Solution Sales Professional
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in November 2013.

Interview Details – Solutions Sales Professional Process

1. Applied through an on campus recruiter
2. Sent the CV and Cover letter, I believe tailoring the CL to their language and focusing on things I heard from on campus presentation assisted greatly
3. 1st round - Mostly behavior questions, wanting to make sure you really experienced every story, kept asking questions about the information within every story to ensure its genuinely

Interview Question – wasn't something too difficult   Answer Question

Contract Interview

Contract

Interviewed at Microsoft

Interview Details – Only spoke over the phone, contact was polite. Interview mostly focused on technical questions. I thought the questions were fair. There were particularly interested in my .net experience which isn't as strong, but the person on the phone was accommodating.

Interview Question – Coding questions   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview Details – I was an FTE for several years and now an external doing an informational interview. Pretty sad and disappointing to know the process is so broken. Had heard negative stories from others but didn't believe it until I became an external again. They simply do_not respond to you if they aren't moving forward with you. Not even a courtesy email. I wish they put some feedback process in place to check on these vendors-recruiters' work. They leave bad impression, which is totally against their hiring principles.

Interview Question – Your stack rank in record.   Answer Question