Microsoft

3.3

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Microsoft.

Internal transfer request after completing a few stretch assignments on the PM team. Process began with an informational interview where I was encouraged to formally apply. Formal interview loop was a set of 6 back-to-back interviews with members of Dev, PdM, Services, and Test teams (most of whom I knew, one that I didn't know well). The role was for a product I had been working on for a number of years, but had been acquired by Microsoft two years prior to the interview. General consensus from Microsoft leaders was that my product group was inferior in all aspects, and that came out very clearly in the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to design a network topology for a specific use case. I'm still not sure why since the role was specific to a data analytics engine - why not ask me to propose a design for some improvement to the data platform?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Gave my resume at a recruitment event. They contacted me for an interview, which consisted mostly of behavioral questions and clarifications of things on my resume. It seemed like it went quite well, so I was a little surprised to not hear back. I guess since it was recruitment season they had a lot of applicants.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Applied through university recruiter. Process was very organized. On campus interview consisted of a linked list question. Answered the question but received feedback one week later with a rejection.

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

On campus interview followed by day long interview at Microsoft HQ in redmond. Fairly straightforward questions. Got really tired from 4 back to back to back to back hour long interviews.

Software Development Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Microsoft.

University recruiting. Contacted by recruiter via email. First round interview. It was conducted at my university. First question was a standard "tell me about yourself". Afterwards, I was expecting more technical questions. Instead the interviewer asked me what Microsoft products I liked and hated, and to explain why. The last question was a basic brain teaser that wasn't too bad. I would recommend that for the 1st round interview, expect more behavioral than technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • What Microsoft products I like / hate and to explain why.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Microsoft.

Met recruiter on campus event and at another college's hackathon. After the career fair, I got an email setting up the on campus interview. It was a 30 minute 1 on 1 interview with a couple questions.

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

got an email from recruiter, spoke to recruiter at career fair, had an interview on campus, had four back to back interviews on campus of Microsoft during the afternoon, heard back within a week

Software Development Engineer Interview

called for interview at college... asked questions about my work experience and projects in resume.
    only one tech question to union two unsorted arrays. the interview was for 30 minutes and was asked HR questions mostly. Yet to hear from them

Learning and Development Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

The interview process at Microsoft has probably been the most organized I've ever been through. I really felt like I connected with everyone I interviewed with and that they were genuinely interested in my skills, knowledge, and experience. I felt comfortable at every step and communication was always very quick and clear.

Interview Questions
    • What are you most concerned about when you look at the description for this position?   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft.

30 mins campus on-site interview. Like normal campus interview, interviewer first introduce what his group do in Microsoft. And then, he asked some normal behavior questions like what is the most difficult project in your resume. Then technical part is quite simple question about linkedlist