Microsoft Interview Questions

3.3

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in June 2013.

standard process, be ready to answer many hypothetical questions. Be ready to answer questions around microsoft products, not services :( Hiring process is fast that way, salary negotiations only took a week for me.

Interview Questions
    • some questions are technical and you dont expect them in the product management.   Answer Question

Program Manager II Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft.

It was not too bad. The process took about 3 weeks from A to Z. We managed to agree to a feasible salary in three negotiation iteration. Many people had similar experience when they were first hired to the company.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redmond, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Microsoft in July 2012.

one phone interview then 6 on site interviews. The interviews cover all aspects for software (design, coding, testing and behavioral questions)/ It was so freaking easy, a lot of white board coding questions.

Interview Questions
    • None, all the questions were so freaking easy to the point that I was bored.   Answer Question
    They offered me 150K base so I was happy with that given I only had 2 years of experience.

Software Engineer Interview

first you have a telephone screen with a recruiter. Then you have a phone screen with Hiring manager or some dev. After that, you will be brought onsite and interviewed by a group of engineers.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft.

All day interview, even during the lunch. So be ready to answer questions while hungry. The day consist of four one on one interviews. The accent for some interviewers can be difficult to understand so be sure to ask questions to get clarification.

Senior Program Manager Interview

2 phone interviews. 5 onsite interviews. The whole process took 1 month. Microsoft is very efficient with their recruiting process and they kept me informed throughout. All the people I met knew their stuff and had an interesting conversation with them. They were friendly.

Interview Questions
    • We are a world class team with each member best in their area. What do you bring to the table that is world class?h   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in February 2014.

I handed in my resume during the career fair, and 3-4 days later, I received an e-mail, which asked me to sign up an 1-1 interview. The recruiter came to my school and interviewed me at career service. I was kind of nervous during the interview since it was my first technical interview.

Interview Questions
    • Common interview questions. The technical one is "reverse words in a string". She also asked me if I like or dislike any Microsoft products and why.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redmond, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in October 2011.

Fairly straightforward - like any other company. A phone screen - followed by 5 rounds on site.
    Questions were of the following nature: Design a cache subsystem, spiral order printing of a matrix, regex implementation for * and ?, Binary Tree rotation question, How do you implement shuffle in a media player and how to know if a graph is bi-partite.

Product Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Microsoft in August 2014.

The interview is one of the most creative I've been through. It consists of an open house followed by a one on one interview. The open house consists of information about the company and all the details of the position, followed by an introduction of yourself and a partner. Next is a group interview process. If you do well enough and they like you you will be called back for a one on one interview. The one on one interview didn't really feel like an interview it felt like a conversation instead which was great. Overall great experience.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite thing about Windows 8 or any other Office Program?   Answer Question

Build Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in August 2013.

The process took about two weeks. I was brought to the site for a white board interview. Interviewed with three different people, one after the other. Each person interviewed me for about one hour and I was told to write some code.

Interview Questions
    • I had to solve a problem that involved arrays. The best implementation (O efficiency) for the problem was the use of hash tables.   Answer Question
    I negotiated with the vendor company and it went well. Sometimes, the worst thing one could do is not to try.