Microsoft

4,006 Interview Reviews

3.3

Marketing Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft.

pretty starightforward, mostly fit questions and then some questions about your favorite tech products and why. the person was very nice and tried to put you at ease. I didn't get any brainteasers which was great.

Interview Questions
    • what do you think is a tech product that is marketed particularly well and why?   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Microsoft.

Terrible, seemed like she did not want to be there. The questions were hard for saying no experience needed and she was not very engaging. Overall after the interview the culture of the company was not a fit for me. Great company just not for me.

Software Development Engineer Interview

The interviewer was very nice and I was asked a simple problem about tree traversals. Unfortunately, my mind went blank so I didn't get to the answer straight away. Ended up figuring out the principles for the solution, but didn't have enough time to code the solution.

Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

Was contacted by a recruiter, did a phone screen, then in person 5 round interview. If you make it past the first 2, you are pretty much hired. The tech questions were open and they kept grilling you on your design until you break. Everything from decision making to architecture design. What I liked is that they didn't grill you on pointless name these services, ports, etc but how you think and troubleshoot.

Interview Questions
    • build a multi tenant sql server architecture
      build a HA 3 tier web application where no downtime is allowed

View Answer

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft.

it was easy. Had two rounds of interviews and the questions were pretty simple. Was asked many resume related questions. I applied in the career fair of our campus and got a call within a week to attend an interview on campus. It was a 30 minute interview with questions on my resume. Later for the second round of interview i was asked to come to Seattle. Had three 45 minute interviews covering various topics like trees, hash maps, design problems, palindromes etc. Be confident and you are good to go.

Interview Questions
    • Find the prime numbers in a given range?
      Find the anagram meanings of a given string from a dictionary

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

Skype interview.
    4 onsite interviews in Seattle. (Binary trees & linked list questions)
    Seriously - solve all of the problems you can find without the solutions.
    Stayed at the Marriott Hotel two nights. Flights and all taken care of.
    Recruiter was incredibly nice and supportive throughout the process.

Interview Questions
    • Find a loop in a linked list and fix it.
      Set all nodes at the same depth to have a field "next" pointing to the next in the children.. (BT)

Answer Question

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft.

Applied at a career fair and received an on-campus interview around two or three weeks later. It was a 30 minute interview with half of it explaining your resume and projects. The other half was more technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Given two sorted lists, you had to find a solution that would merge the two in O(n) time.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft.

The process consisted of first round of one to one interview at the campus which later on was followed by on site interview. During a one to one interview, one technical question was asked which was suppose to be implemented using c++/java or your preffered language. The other question was behavioral.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft.

Submitted resume on school website, got an on-campus interview after two weeks. The interview lasted half an hour. Interviewer asked some behavioral and technical questions, also asked about general background, if you have taken hard-core programming courses, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Fixed-size array queue, what if you are running out of time to complete a project.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft.

4 interviewers, each with a variety of questions and conversation starters. Pretty intense process, but still laid back. Each person had a different role at a different business unit.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a number of questions about how I would remodel a house to see my thought process/problem solving approach.   Answer Question