Microsoft

Updated Dec 15, 2014
3,781 Interview Reviews

3.3

Principal Program Manager Security Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

I was approached by Microsoft recruiter and after several email and phone discussions, a video interview is scheduled with the Director. The Director cancelled out at the last minute and had to reschedule. During the interview, the Director seems to be not interested on my technical and processes skillset, but how I can "fight the battle" with other teams for ensuring they follow Microsoft security protocol. It seems to me that she is looking for someone to fight HER battle.

After the interview, I heard nothing from the recruiter. No email. If I didn't get the job, that's OK, just send me an email courtesy. I was expecting a much more professional recruiting process from a company like Microsoft, but it is actually worst than other much smaller companies I have interviewed with.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

Initially contacted via University Recruiting and invited to come to University campus for 30 min interview. This first interview was strictly behavioral, mostly just a screening. Was then invited to fly out for the final round of interviews. Had 4 back to back interviews and was asked to present a 20 minute presentation on something I am passionate about. Then heard back within 3 days of interviewing and accepted an offer.

Interview Questions
    • If you could change one thing about the embedded system within a Coke Freestyle machine, what would you do?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Software Development Engineer Interview

interview process can be found everywhere in the internet. 1 on campus interview, and 4 rounds onsite interview. I've finished all questions perfectly I think. But received the rejection letter two days later. So confuse. I don't like this interview experience. Not because I didn't receive the offer. Because I don't find the way to improve myself. I really want to know where the problem is.

Interview Questions
    • all question are not very difficult, but they are interest   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

I applied to the position online and they requested a phone interview within a month. The interview was pretty straight forward and had no technical questions. It lasted for just half and hour and part of the time was spent talking about the position and the interviewer's experience with Microsoft. That left only about 15 minutes worth of behavioral questions and general running through my resume.

I heard back about 2 weeks after this phone interview and was not invited for an on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Just basic questions about my resume and some behavioral questions.   Answer Question

TAM Interview

4 one hour interviews. Just wants to see if you are the right fit for the company. One of the presentations was a presentation on any topic you want to present on.

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft.

I had my first interview on campus. The interviewer was great and friendly, and asked me whether I wanted to interview for software dev or product manager, but when I was unsure he interviewed me for both. I got a return interview and we'll see how that goes, but the on-campus was really manageable.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to implement a stack and design a clock.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Microsoft.

Met college recruiter at schools job fair. Talk about how I got interested into Computer Science which got me an interview. The recruiter was very nice and actually cared about my story and generally wanted to hear it.

At the interview, I got a lot of help from the interviewer on the questions but I was just too nervous to think straight and was still a beginner at CS. Could have passed the interview if just brushed up on basics.

Interview Questions
    • Two behavioral questions.
      Describe about a recent software application you used and how would you improve it.

If Microsoft got into the soda vending machine business, how would come up with a paradigm shift for it?

Tech question:
      Given an array of customer ids, find out if a costumer called more than once. No data structures, other than arrays.

Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Microsoft.

Didn't get very far. Just finished the first interview. I thought it has gone well, but apparelrntly not. Screener is very time focused, and the whole process is very streamlined. There's no question that they're looking for the best people.

Interview Questions
    • You are given two buckets. One holds 3 gallons and the other holds 5 gallons. Have do you make 4 gallons of water?   View Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Contacted by a recruiter. Quick phone screen then on-site interviews with 4+ people. Overall an efficient and good experience. Technical questions didn't really have much of a basis for the actual role though.

MACH Program Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Microsoft.

I had a total of four interviews that were 45 minutes each with very unique individuals. All were very conversational with a few behavioral questions to understand more of my skills. One of the four interviewers was the hiring manager and was a stickler. He asked a few tough questions with one that directly related to sales. I held my ground, answered his questions and received a favorable recommendation from him.