Microsoft

Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Account Manager Interview

Technical Account Manager
Las Colonias, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Microsoft in June 2014.

Interview Details – Received initial email in response to my application from HR on 4/14/14. HR screening 4/15/14.
Interviewed via phone with TAM team member 4/23/14.
Interviewed via phone with senior TAM team member 5/16/14.
Finals day interview (face-to-face) 6/6/14

Face-to-face interview - I had six 45 minute interviews and one presentation. The entire day of interview lasted from 9AM to 3PM. It was 3 of us onsite interviewing for the TAM role that day but we all interviewed and presented separately.

The HR recruiters really spend time preparing you for your interview. If you make ti to the finals day interview they will email you lots of information. Info such as: about the TAM role, key initiatives for this role, key stakeholders and other internal organizations this role will interact with, how to prep/what to do pre-interview, and what to expect for your finals Day interview. They may also email you a scenario base question for you to complete a writing sample and a PowerPoint to edit and take with you on the day of your interview to be present to the team. The presentation should be presented for no longer than 10 minutes(I recommend no more than 5 slides with main points).

Interview Question – What if you have been trying to setup a meeting with a busy executive for a contract renewal, final got the meeting scheduled. This meet must happen because you don't know when you will be able to schedule this meeting again. 15 minutes prior to the meeting you got a call form one of your other clients - mission critical situation servers down - what would you do?   View Answers (2)

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview Details – 1 interview at Evanston university. total cattle call.

Interviewer was bored out of his wits.

Took the train all the way up from the city and stressed about it - he didn't even fake interest.

Complete waste of time.

Interview Question – He asked about sanitizing input.   Answer Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

Senior Program Manager
Redmond, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview Details – Hiring at MSFT is fair, well-organized, and it extracts what we need to know from potential new-hires. It may seem grueling to the candidates, but we get about 6 hrs to determine if you are awesome and can help us move the needle.

Interview Question – In 2005, I didn't know much about replicated systems and how to upgrade a server farm, but now this seems to be common knowledge.   Answer Question

Services Sales Executive Interview

Services Sales Executive

Interviewed at Microsoft

Interview Details – I was given a referral by an employee of the company. This afforded me the opportunity to get in front of hiring managers faster. I had a wide variety of interviews with managers and sales people from a number of groups.

Very Difficult Interview

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) Interview

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET)
Redmond, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft in February 2014.

Interview Details – On Campus: Attended a Microsoft Information meeting. Talked with the representatives after the presentations and gave them my resume. They contacted me for an on campus interview. The interview lasted 30 minutes I was invited to interview onsite at Microsoft Redmond, Washington. That was 6 hours of interviews in one day plus dinner.

Interview Question – Given a 2D array of boolean values determine the largest square sub-array containing only 1s.   View Answer

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Redmond, WA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Microsoft in May 2014.

Interview Details – I was introduced to Microsoft from my network, and I wanted to try how it will be to go through the interview process of Micrsoft. It was difficult people there are difficult and burocractic. Some of the questions and process were first for me. Drug Test, Skill Test, Personality Test etc.

Reason for Declining – I got a better offer from Google.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ months - interviewed at Microsoft in March 2010.

Interview Details – Somewhat complicated and took longer than I anticipated. Microsoft may take a long time deciding where you fit, but eventually they'll steer you straight. For my first role at Microsoft, I had to talk with several people about a few different job opportunities before finally meeting with my hiring manager and landing it.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Product Advisor Interview

Product Advisor

I applied online - interviewed at Microsoft in March 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring and interview process as very easy. Each hiring manager is different. My hiring manager just likes to see a really good personality. I didn't expect it to have gone as smoothly as it did.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question was do I have any children. It was more of a conversation that an interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none, although I have heard negotiation is possible.

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) Interview

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET)

Interviewed at Microsoft

Interview Details – The questions were basic, but then you make these simple programs and add robustness to them. i thought that it would be better to go with the easy stuff and it actually turned out to all be hard so there is really no way around it. But it is microsoft, so that makes sense

Interview Question – handle two int_max inputs   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant

I applied online - interviewed at Microsoft in February 2014.

Interview Details – Saw a flyer while google-ing for RA jobs, filled out the application (cover letter, cv, references), and was contacted for interviews: phone interview with lower level researcher, phone conference with PIs, then flyout to their New England campus.

Interview Question – Was asked to pseudo code an algorithm.. but this will change with every person.   Answer Question