Microsoft

Microsoft Interview Questions in Irving, TX

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Exchange Escalation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Microsoft in April 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter who did a phone screening right on the phone. I than had a second phone interview with a team member. I then moved on to an on site interview. This lasted for about 3 hours.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest questions I got was related to the project. The team knew the software at a very high level   Answer Question

Contract Worker for Tier III Resolve Team for the Microsoft Online Store Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Microsoft in October 2013.

I had called into a recruiter and was told about the job through a friend of a friend. They took one look at my resume and had called for an interview at the recruiter's office. They brought me in to make sure I didn't have horns protruding from my head or a third eye, I got a call within an hour to say they had an opening for an Interview at Microsoft the next day which I accepted. I showed up half an hour early for the interview and stayed in my car reading my notes, walked through the door to the lobby twenty minutes early and signed in with the front desk. The interview before me was taking awhile and they brought me up thirty minutes late. I sat in a conference room waiting patiently and then they brought me into the room to interview with the networking recruiter between the recruiting company and Microsoft and the department manager who was also a contractor for Microsoft. The interview they tried to get a hold of my personality, basic questions, etc. I tried to ask questions and get a feel for them and the job. They seemed generally impressed someone was willing to come in for this job with my background at the pay they were offering. The interview felt short and after it was over I called the recruiter to let them know how it went. Within an hour he had a phone call saying they wanted to hire me and to come in the next day to fill out paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself? What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? What do you enjoy doing? What do you hate doing? How do you handle pressure? Have you ever had to deal with a difficult customer?   View Answer
    It was contract work, nothing was negotiable, believe me I tried.

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Microsoft in October 2012.

1. Applied online, through school's career site and talked with reps at career fair.
    2. On campus interview. 30 minutes standard questions (Why Microsoft, time you had a problem and what would you do differently, etc.)
    3. On site interview in Irving for. 4 30 minute interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Roleplay with interviewer of GE CIO calling me because their Exchange server has been down for 1.5 hours and they've lost 1.5 million dollars in revenue.

Consulting question about how to optimize getting a drink product to multiple stores during a Super Bowl promotion where they were selling out at 60% of the stores.

Why Microsoft and not Google or Apple or Facebook?

Explain the cloud to me as if I'm a customer who doesn't understand what it is.

*There were different groups of interviewers who even though they were interviewing for the same positions asked completely different questions.

Answer Question
    I didn't attempt to negotiate because it was a generous offer and the best I had received.

Corporate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft in November 2009.

The process was very organized and easy to get through. I was disaapointed at the questions being asked. The process was described as a group of different one on one interviews each probing a different area. 4 out of 5 of the interviews asked the same questions and only the hiring manager asked a few new questions. It was a pleasant expereince and in the end they chose an internal candidate. Great expereince and very professional. The recruiter was very effective and responsive.

Advertising Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Microsoft in September 2009.

Hiring definitely took a while to get going. The problem was they posted the job opportunity in March, contacted me to express their interest, and then made me wait 6 months while they vacillated back and forth, trying to decide if they were going to locate the position in Dallas or Atlanta. Once they decided though, the process moved very quickly. I was brought in for a one-day series of interviews (5 interview, think), and then made an offer that evening. Interviews are conducted by a variety of MS employees that you will likely be working with.

Interview Questions
    • All MS interviewers take a short course in how to interview and what to look for. Mostly. They look for examples of accomplishments in the past. Typically, whatever the job posting states as qualifications, you can expect questions about particular examples of how you have demonstrated those qualification. For example, a big requirement for many positions is the ability to thrive amidst ambiguity. In the interview, they'll ask about examples of when you've experienced that kind of situation and and what it was like for you. The other thing they look for is how your personality will mesh with the team. Be bright, confident, and upbeat.   Answer Question
    They made and offer that evening. The package was awesome and way more than any other competitor in this market. I accept immediately and never regretted it.