Microsoft Interview Questions in London, UK

Updated Apr 15, 2015
Updated Apr 15, 2015

3.3

Technical Graduate Stream Interview

Application

The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft (Reading, England (UK)).

Interview

The process is fairly standard, consisting of:
    - Online application
    - Online tests
    - Prerecorded video interview
    - Skype interview
    + Assessment Centre
        - Team tasks
        - Team presentation
        - 1:2 interview (experience and soft skills)
        - Individual presentation
        - 1:2 interview (technical)

The Microsoft team were very friendly and the process wasn't as daunting as it may appear. My advice is to be yourself and show your passion for technology! A little revision on MS doesn't go a miss either.

Interview Questions

• Write a function or explain, how to traverse and display a binary tree in any language.   Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft (Reading, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

A full day assessment at their Reading campus. The office is incredible and the employee's positive attitude makes you want to work there. Two long interviews, group tasks and 15 min strategy pitches to managers followed by an office your made up the full day. Highly valuable experience even if you don't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your team leading experience.
      How do you motivate your team.
      What would you do to market a new product that didn't convince your team.

Answer Question

Contract Developer - WF Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft (Reading, England (UK)).

Interview

After CV acceted via recruitment agency, had a phone interview shortly followed by in-person face to face with two developers in Reading. Heard back about a week later and started shortly after that.

Interview Questions

• C# code example on whiteboard   1 Answer

Technical Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Microsoft (Reading, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

The whole recruitment process was long and exhausting. There was a video interview where you record your answers to pre recorded questions that are played to you one after the other. Then theres a skype interview and after that the last step, the assessment centre. During the assessment you have to give a small presentation, a group exercise, then there are a couple individual interviews with two assessors. At the the end of the whole session they take you on the office tour along with other candidates and yeah you also get to meet other interns during the day.

Interview Questions

• Take an object or a picture of an object with you which describes your personality and give a small presentation.   1 Answer

Talent Sourcer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Microsoft (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

I only completed the first stage of the process - a telephone interview, which I felt went well, however I was informed 3 days later that I did not have as strong enough experience as other candidates. The person who interviewed me was lovely, and she gave me a thorough and in depth description of the role and her vision for the team. I would still love to work for this company and will continue to apply for suitable roles in the future.

Project Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Microsoft (Reading, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Quite in depth and well rounded questions around project management. They asked about my strengths and weaknesses and throughout, it was carried out in an environment I felt comfortable in, including a friendly interviewee.

Interview Questions

• Explain when a project didn't go the way I wanted and how did I react to it?   Answer Question

Project Management and Business Consulting Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft (Reading, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

After submitting the online application and the situational judgement test I was invited for a Video Interview. I had to answer 8 questions, having 2 minutes per answer and 30 sec to prepare my answer. The questions were:
    1. What do you do/How do you feel when you receive unexpected new tasks to finish during the day?
    2. How do you respond to someone senior that challenges your opinion?
    3. Do you identify opportunities for improving efficiency regularly?
    4. How do you feel when dealing with negative colleagues?
    5. How do you take the lead in group projects- what do you do and why?
    6. Are you passionate about Microsoft?
    7. Do you find it challenging when working with people who are less like you?
    8. Who will you contact when you have an issue at work?

It took them 2 days to send me an invitation for the Skype Interview. Questions during the interview were such as:
    - Explain some kind of technology to someone who has no knowledge of technology.
    - What does success mean to you?
    - What qualities do you need in order to be successful at this MACH scheme?
    - Why are you passionate about Microsoft, why the Consulting scheme, why technology?
    - How do you handle change, how do you feel when unexpected changes occur?
    - Tell me what current news you know about Microsoft.

Interview Questions

• Explain some kind of technology to someone who has no knowledge of technology.   Answer Question

Applications Technology Strategist ATS Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft (Reading, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

initial screening call from HR then presentation to hiring manager, sales person and a peer - two separate interviews on same day. Microsoft provided the topic to present on which was a tough topic as you are being asked to present to experts
    No feedback from HR - chased them numerous times so assumed I was not successful

Interview Questions

• straight forward for anyone who is used to public speaking and being asked questions under pressure (ie someone from sales presales or ATS this would be no problem), what is your greatest achievement, how do you juggle workload. What is your knowledge of Microsoft products. what is the Microsoft strategy   Answer Question

Microsoft Response

Mar 5, 2015Staffing Manager

I am so sorry to hear you did not receive feedback from your interview, We aim to deliver a really positive candidate experience in all cases including feedback to every candidate who attends an ... More

Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Microsoft (Reading, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

The process consists of submitting a very detailed application form. If that form is accepted then there is a selection of face to face and skype interviews. As you progress through each round the process becomes less about written skill and more about face to face.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Microsoft (London, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

Attended an event at my university, handed in my CV and 2 days later I received an email inviting me to an interview.

Interview was mainly technical. In the first 15 minutes I discussed a project I had done, then I had a 30 minute technical question and the last 15 minutes were behavioural (Why Microsoft, why SDE, etc.).