Microsoft Interview Questions & Reviews in Los Angeles, CA

3.2

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Solution Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft.

Took several attempts to connecting with HR and LinkedIn associates working at Microsoft. The office environment and the people working there are awesome.

Interview Questions
    • For me, there was hardly any questions about my skill set. It was more of a conversation about my experience and working knowledge, which I thought was very clever. It doesn't intimidate you. Just helps you relax and be yourself.   Answer Question

The opportunity was very exciting but I later found out that team is going to relocate to another city that is too far to commute to. The recruiter is has promised to keep me in mind for future opportunities closer to my home.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Microsoft in October 2013.

3 oncompus interviews. Questions are easy to answer, but I am not familiar with C++ and low level OS stuff, I am strong at Java....Ask me about bit level operations, Math questions and design stuff. No chance to make it onsite. Easy problems include: Given a triangle, output how many edges are of same length. Given a string of only 0s and 1s, find the maximum length of equal number continuous 0s and 1s, such as 111000, 00001111.

Interview Questions
    • Did not expect math problems. They gave me a expression and let me find as accurate as possible the Lower Bound and Upper Bound. Bit level problems are also difficult to me.   View Answer

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  UCLA, CA
    Anonymous Employee in UCLA, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft in October 2012.

Met at the career fair. Nice person. Asked me about interests. Called me for onsite. I was a sencond year fall quarter student when i joined. Bombed the interview. Will try again.
    Q asked : Hashmap, Interface, Abstract class

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Microsoft in February 2013.

It's a first round on campus interview, the invitation was sent 1 week in front, you can select one section (30 minutes) in two days. The recruiter is very nice, discussed the resume and ask some general questions. Also ask you to describe a difficult situation you met before and how did you solve it . After that you can select one position you interested, then you will be asked some related questions. I chose project manager, so only one design question was asked.

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in February 2013.

Initial phone interview was with a recruiter. Second phone interview with another technical account manager. Third interview was onsite to role play meeting with a fake client. Panel consisted of five employees; two managers and three technical account managers. One hour timed PowerPoint presentation provided by Microsoft. The last half hour was an open discussion. Last interview was by phone with national director.

Interview Questions
    Not much room to negotiate; great benefits package. Research average salary.

Software Development Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Pomona, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft in November 2012.

On campus interview with a project manager. Talked about his experience moving from sales to software development to project management, asked typical interview questions (hardest project, teamwork problems you've had, etc.) No technical questions, although it seems like this changes from place to place. The interviewer indicated that he was not the one who decided on an outcome, but there's no way to tell for sure.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, just typical interview questions. If you're good at interviewing, you'll get past this part, if you aren't, then you won't. It doesn't seem like they looked at resumes / experience very much. I was expecting at least one technical question, but there were none.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft in September 2012.

Microsoft was on campus and took resumes, although they say you can either apply online or hand them the resume's personally. They did not schedule an interview until I applied online. Although I did not even qualify for the second round, they had the second round of interviews, the very next day again on campus.

Interview Questions
    • Remove all duplicate words from a string of words. Not just the duplicate but all the instances of the duplicates need to be removed.   View Answers (3)

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in May 2010.

Interviewing at Microsoft requires a commitment to the process which can include multiple interviews and a "finals day" involiving interviews with multiple panelists. In some cases, you'll be required to deliver a presentation or engage in a problem solving session. Role plays may be involved for customer facing roles. The culture at Microsoft is results-oriented and the interview process is designed to determine if people have the necessary job skills and are also a cultural fit. Onboarding and training can be somewhat informal in some groups and the organization rewards "self starters" that can transition quickly into their jobs while relying primarily on peer mentoring through that process.

Interview Questions
    • Define accountability and explain how you would demonstrate accountability in your work.   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in October 2011.

The interviewer went over the position and what he requires. It then went on to be a fairly technical interview.

Interview Questions
    • What were the toughest decisions you had to make in your role as a Team leader and what consequences did you think they would have ? However once you carried out the decisions what consequences did they actually have   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Microsoft in February 2011.

Best bring your A game, Microsof doesn't mess around when it comes to interviews. Even if you've made it to "finals days" you can still fail & many do. The process should feel more like a friendly discussion vs. an interrogation. You will be extensively questioned about your experience history.

Interview Questions
    • What are some fundamental differences between Java & .NET?   Answer Question
    Everything is negotiable including salary & title.

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!