Microsoft

Updated Feb 24, 2015

3.1

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Microsoft in January 2015.

The process is quite smooth. The interviewer introduces the company in general, and ask me to introduce myself. Then, the interviewer asks a standard coding problem. Finally, the interviewer answers your questions if you have any.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft in November 2014.

Gave my CV during career fair. Was called for an on campus interview. 45 mins long. The procedure took too long. started with basic hr questions followed be technical and design questions. Would suggest to prepare on complexities, hashmaps, linkedlist, ternary tree.

Interview Questions
    • How would you design google search engine. Questions to do with ternary tree.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsoft in November 2014.

Microsoft came to our career fair. On campus they asked about the projects and I further got a interview call in about 2 weeks. The interview happened at the career centre of college and was based on algorithms and data structures standard questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft in November 2014.

Went to my university's career fair and handed them my resume. They then proceeded to contact me for an onsite at my school. Super efficient and fast response. In retrospect, the interview was not difficult -- I was just poorly prepared.

Software Development Engineer, Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsoft in October 2014.

First gives a 5 min self-introduction, then 10 min behavior question, ask a lot questions about project experience. Some questions are "What was you toughest challenge?" "How do your improve your project" "How do you manage your time?" "How do you work with your team?". Then is 15 min coding question.

Interview Questions
    • Given a int, return the closest int of of it that is power of 2.   Answer Question

Solution Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

Took several attempts to connecting with HR and LinkedIn associates working at Microsoft. The office environment and the people working there are awesome.

Interview Questions
    • For me, there was hardly any questions about my skill set. It was more of a conversation about my experience and working knowledge, which I thought was very clever. It doesn't intimidate you. Just helps you relax and be yourself.   Answer Question

The opportunity was very exciting but I later found out that team is going to relocate to another city that is too far to commute to. The recruiter is has promised to keep me in mind for future opportunities closer to my home.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft in October 2013.

3 oncompus interviews. Questions are easy to answer, but I am not familiar with C++ and low level OS stuff, I am strong at Java....Ask me about bit level operations, Math questions and design stuff. No chance to make it onsite. Easy problems include: Given a triangle, output how many edges are of same length. Given a string of only 0s and 1s, find the maximum length of equal number continuous 0s and 1s, such as 111000, 00001111.

Interview Questions
    • Did not expect math problems. They gave me a expression and let me find as accurate as possible the Lower Bound and Upper Bound. Bit level problems are also difficult to me.   View Answer

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft in February 2013.

Initial phone interview was with a recruiter. Second phone interview with another technical account manager. Third interview was onsite to role play meeting with a fake client. Panel consisted of five employees; two managers and three technical account managers. One hour timed PowerPoint presentation provided by Microsoft. The last half hour was an open discussion. Last interview was by phone with national director.

Interview Questions
    Not much room to negotiate; great benefits package. Research average salary.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Microsoft in February 2013.

It's a first round on campus interview, the invitation was sent 1 week in front, you can select one section (30 minutes) in two days. The recruiter is very nice, discussed the resume and ask some general questions. Also ask you to describe a difficult situation you met before and how did you solve it . After that you can select one position you interested, then you will be asked some related questions. I chose project manager, so only one design question was asked.

Software Development Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsoft in November 2012.

On campus interview with a project manager. Talked about his experience moving from sales to software development to project management, asked typical interview questions (hardest project, teamwork problems you've had, etc.) No technical questions, although it seems like this changes from place to place. The interviewer indicated that he was not the one who decided on an outcome, but there's no way to tell for sure.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, just typical interview questions. If you're good at interviewing, you'll get past this part, if you aren't, then you won't. It doesn't seem like they looked at resumes / experience very much. I was expecting at least one technical question, but there were none.   Answer Question