Microsoft Marketing Intern Interview Questions

4.0

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in February 2014.

Microsoft came to my campus with several women from HR to host coffee chats. These were informal and a chance for you to meet with Microsoft employees and ask questions. The first round of interviews was held at a hotel in a small conference room with one interviewer. He was young and part of the marketing team for Office in business planning. There weren't any of the typical behavioral questions and the questions built on your previous answers. The interview lasted 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
  • Name something marketed well.
    Name something marketed poorly.
    How would you market One Note [to who and through what channels]?
    If that [your previous answer] didn't work and your supervisor needs you to increase your number of One Note users what would you do?
    Would pull One Note off the market entirely?
    Would you give the One Note service away for free?
    How would you assess whether One Note was contributing value to Microsoft?
      Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Marketing Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft.

I applied through my university's college recruiting website earlier this semester. Two weeks after I applied, I received an email invitation to a first round interview. My phone interview lasted approximately 45 minutes and was a combination of behavioral and case questions. The questions were a bit difficult but may have been easier to answer if I had had more experience with interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • Which Microsoft product do you think is/was best marketed and why?   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

It was held on campus. Interviewer was pretty informal, dressed in jeans and a t-shirt. Very fast-paced interview, asked me a lot of technical detailed marketing techniques and questions. Hard for me because my school is liberal arts and I was an economics major.

Marketing Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Microsoft.

Straightforward resume drop followed by on-campus interview.

Some questions:

Why are you interested in working at Microsoft?

Which division/product would you want to work with?

Talk about a product that is well marketed.

Develop a competitor to that product. How can that new brand market itself?
    How can Microsoft promote its web apps products for college students?

How would you price the new office suite for touch enabled devices?
    What do you want to know/analyze when trying to increase revenue for Exchange products?

Interview Questions
    • How can Exchange promote its cloud-based product as opposed to the traditional model?   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

The process starts out with a 30-45 minute phone interview which focuses almost entirely on marketing case questions. I don't think I was asked a single behavioral question. The questions were quick and required a decent amount of thinking on your feet.

Interview Questions
    • If you were a marketer for Facebook, how would you access the success or failure of the Timeline implementation   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft.

On campus interview. Young male who had recently joined the company. Presented three case questions, one about how to increase revenue for Xbox brand. Another about Microsoft Web Products. Applied online, took 3 weeks total.

Interview Questions
    • The Xbox unit has been having trouble driving revenue. what kinds of questions would you ask?   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

I was contacted through school career service

Interview Questions
    • If you were to cancel a project you started, what aspects are you going to consider.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in January 2012.

Very nice people. Mostly fit questions. A couple of marketing technical questions (something that was marketed well, not well, etc)

Interview Questions
    • What is a product that was marketed well?   View Answer

Got offers elsewhere

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft in March 2009.

This was a one on one interview as a result of a posting at my top 20 business school (MBA). They asked me to choose a Microsoft product that was marketed very well. I chose the XBOX, and gave a brief explanation and said that i am not a user of it, but they still continued of that produt for the rest of the interview. I thought that the interviewer was dis-interested in the entire interview and had a chip on his shoulder th whole time. Glad I didn't get the offer

Interview Questions
    • What was a product which was marketed well by Microsoft?   View Answer

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!