Microsoft

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Account Technology Specialist (ATS) Interview

Senior Account Technology Specialist (ATS)
Moscow (Russia)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in January 2011.

Interview Details – 4 steps with different people from recruting to hiring manager +2

Interview Question – What you like in working for Microsoft?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offer the wage you ask and above that you receive the benefit package you didn't expect. This makes the job offer very attractive when you see and get explaination about benefits it includes.

Software Development Engineer II Interview

Software Development Engineer II
Moscow (Russia)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview Details – 4 interviews - hr, manager, team lead, team

Interview Question – How to build search engine like google   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Software Development Engineer
Moscow (Russia)

I applied online and interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview Details – The process from sending the CV to the first interview took ~1 month. HRs had not responded for a long time. Then they arranged a phone interview with a senior developer from MS.
The interview was quite brief. He asked a couple of general questions like 'what is your software development background?' 'what are you working on now?'. Then we came directly to programming. There was only one problem: determine whether two strings are anagrams, i.e. contain the same letters.

Interview Question – Anagram detection. This algorithm's complexity can be reduced to O(n) by counting frequencies of every letter from two words and comparing them. I didn't come to that - instead I suggested a O(n log n) algorithm. It seems that was my fault.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Software Development Engineer
Moscow (Russia)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in January 2009.

Interview Details – There are usually 3-5 interviews. Some questions are testing CS basics, like in other companies. Other questions might be very complicated and test deep technical knowledge of target position industry.

Interview Question – Find 1 defected ball out of 12 in 3 weightings without knowing if defected ball is heavier or lighter   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Account Technology Specialist (ATS) Interview

Account Technology Specialist (ATS)
Moscow (Russia)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in April 2011.

Interview Details – Fast targeted in-depth interview with experience review, presentation skills, competencies asessment. 4-5 step process from recruiter to hiring manager and +1.

Interview Question – What you expect from your job at this company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very professional and constructive.

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst
Moscow (Russia)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Microsoft in April 2009.

Interview Details – there are many questions reg which person i am, what was my background, what i want in life etc

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Microsoft interview questions and advice in Moscow. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Microsoft employees and interview candidates.