Microsoft Interview Questions in Moscow

3.7

Software Development Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft (Moscow (Russia)).

Interview

4 interviews - hr, manager, team lead, team

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Microsoft (Moscow (Russia)).

Interview

The process from sending the CV to the first interview took ~1 month. HRs had not responded for a long time. Then they arranged a phone interview with a senior developer from MS. The interview was quite brief. He asked a couple of general questions like 'what is your software development background?' 'what are you working on now?'. Then we came directly to programming. There was only one problem: determine whether two strings are anagrams, i.e. contain the same letters.

Interview Questions

• Anagram detection. This algorithm's complexity can be reduced to O(n) by counting frequencies of every letter from two words and comparing them. I didn't come to that - instead I suggested a O(n log n) algorithm. It seems that was my fault.   Answer Question

Account Technology Specialist (ATS) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft (Moscow (Russia)) in April 2011.

Interview

Fast targeted in-depth interview with experience review, presentation skills, competencies asessment. 4-5 step process from recruiter to hiring manager and +1.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very professional and constructive.

Senior Account Technology Specialist (ATS) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft (Moscow (Russia)) in January 2011.

Interview

4 steps with different people from recruting to hiring manager +2

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offer the wage you ask and above that you receive the benefit package you didn't expect. This makes the job offer very attractive when you see and get explaination about benefits it includes.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Microsoft (Moscow (Russia)) in April 2009.

Interview

there are many questions reg which person i am, what was my background, what i want in life etc

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft (Moscow (Russia)) in January 2009.

Interview

There are usually 3-5 interviews. Some questions are testing CS basics, like in other companies. Other questions might be very complicated and test deep technical knowledge of target position industry.

Interview Questions

• Find 1 defected ball out of 12 in 3 weightings without knowing if defected ball is heavier or lighter   1 Answer