Microsoft Interview Questions in New York City, NY

3.2

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Solution Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in November 2013.

Solutions Sales Professional Process

1. Applied through an on campus recruiter
    2. Sent the CV and Cover letter, I believe tailoring the CL to their language and focusing on things I heard from on campus presentation assisted greatly
    3. 1st round - Mostly behavior questions, wanting to make sure you really experienced every story, kept asking questions about the information within every story to ensure its genuinely

Product Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Freehold, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freehold, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Microsoft in September 2013.

Several phone interviews interlayed with a face-to-face with a store manager. The position was filled by a third party employment agency.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult or out of the ordinary. Mostly the standard "how would you rate your former employer?" and "describe your last work environment" type of questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Microsoft.

I had an on campus interview. They were very nice during the whole process. A Q&A session was held on campus the night before where you were able to become more comfortable with interview and the process. It lasted 45 minutes and was a 1-1 interview. The questions were very straight forward. Talk about your experience and past projects. Then a hand written technical question based on string manipulations without any api.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Microsoft.

Great experience, spoke to 4 different people who asked me various behavioral questions. lots of good questions and engagement, really smart people!

Very pleasant...

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Microsoft in June 2013.

Got a Phone interview scheduled.I had never used the microsoft tools so no progress further.No offer

Solution Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Microsoft in December 2011.

The hiring process is lengthy and very detailed. At least three over the phone interviews and then one in person with a committee of at least 4 or 5 people that your interview with. Interestingly, all three of the top candidates were brought in at the same time so you could see them move from room to room as you progressed through the process. The committee votes on each of the candidates. You must received unanimous vote or you are out.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Their offer was very fair.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Microsoft in May 2013.

It was a written test that tested my theoretical skills and it was followed by a personal interview

Interview Questions
    • i was asked about what i think of windows security wise   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Microsoft in October 2012.

I submit my resume on a info session, then got an on-campus interview a month later. I didn't prepare for it. The interview divided into three part, behavioral questions, then technical questions including: test cases, design a product, algorithm, system (memory); then Q&A.

Interview Questions
    • The test cases are most tricky, it's really hard to think of all the possible corner cases.   Answer Question

Retail Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft in January 2012.

not a great one. they didn't seem to know what they were really doing and i can't help but think they were not ready to be hiring people at any kind of location.

Portfolio Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in November 2011.

Firts round of phone interviews, after which I was asked to partake in a full day of interviews in the New York office (4 separate 1 on 1 interviews.) After that round, was asked to go to Redmond for final two interviews. Each interviewer was a progression in title, and each was the gate keeper to the next. The interviewers would share notes in before moving on. The recruiter for MS was very helpful, and coached me through the process.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do in a certain situation? Describe a time you had to deal with a situation, and explain how you dealt with it?   View Answer
    • Describe a time you had to deal with a situation, and explain how you dealt with it?   View Answer

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!