Microsoft Interview Questions & Reviews in New York City, NY

3.2

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Portfolio Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through other source. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in November 2011.

Firts round of phone interviews, after which I was asked to partake in a full day of interviews in the New York office (4 separate 1 on 1 interviews.) After that round, was asked to go to Redmond for final two interviews. Each interviewer was a progression in title, and each was the gate keeper to the next. The interviewers would share notes in before moving on. The recruiter for MS was very helpful, and coached me through the process.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do in a certain situation? Describe a time you had to deal with a situation, and explain how you dealt with it?   View Answer
    • Describe a time you had to deal with a situation, and explain how you dealt with it?   View Answer

Program Manager II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft in November 2007.

Three interviews scheduled ahead of time with a list of names and titles given in advance. At the end of the third interview I was told there would be a fourth and final interview. Each interview lasted about an hour and it helped to have some snacks and soda throughout the day for stamina. Lot's of general program manager'ish type questions and it helped that I read The Zen of Program Management in advance to answer these. Not too many logic or case study type questions.

Interview Questions
    Received an additional $5,000.00 after holding back a few days on accepting the offer.

Solution Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Microsoft in December 2011.

The hiring process is lengthy and very detailed. At least three over the phone interviews and then one in person with a committee of at least 4 or 5 people that your interview with. Interestingly, all three of the top candidates were brought in at the same time so you could see them move from room to room as you progressed through the process. The committee votes on each of the candidates. You must received unanimous vote or you are out.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Their offer was very fair.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Microsoft.

Great experience, spoke to 4 different people who asked me various behavioral questions. lots of good questions and engagement, really smart people!

Very pleasant...

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Microsoft in July 2008.

The interview process was ok with the Sr Manager of Digital Marketing himself calling to set up the interview. The interview lasted for an hour, was more of a pressure interview where they would ask a series of questions with an aim to gauge how much a candidate can take. I did pass the test, but finally didnt get the offer as they didnt want Masters candidate for the position..Wish they had decided before the process

Interview Questions
    • It's Friday afternoon and you are neck deep in a client deliverable, right then your boss asks you to finish another deliverable. Which one will you choose and why ?   Answer Question

Principal Platform Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in July 2010.

This had to be one of the most organized recruitment processes I experienced. I was initially contacted by their HR Recruiter via email in reponse to my online application. We arranged for a prescreen interview. At the end of the prescreen she book time for me with the hiring manager for a phone interview the following day. Within three days I was contacted again to arrange an onsite interview, which was far more interesting. I was set up in my own interview room (this was interview day so other candidates had their own rooms, too) and three different interviewers came through. They would target about forty-five minutes each and then they appeared to convene as a group to compare notes before switching to other candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Some IT departments attempt to keep their vendors from talking to line of business people. Tell me about a time you had to manage a situation where the IT department wanted to restrict access to the end-users and how you overcame that.   Answer Question

Product Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Freehold, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freehold, NJ

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Microsoft in September 2013.

Several phone interviews interlayed with a face-to-face with a store manager. The position was filled by a third party employment agency.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult or out of the ordinary. Mostly the standard "how would you rate your former employer?" and "describe your last work environment" type of questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Microsoft in October 2012.

I submit my resume on a info session, then got an on-campus interview a month later. I didn't prepare for it. The interview divided into three part, behavioral questions, then technical questions including: test cases, design a product, algorithm, system (memory); then Q&A.

Interview Questions
    • The test cases are most tricky, it's really hard to think of all the possible corner cases.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Microsoft in May 2013.

It was a written test that tested my theoretical skills and it was followed by a personal interview

Interview Questions
    • i was asked about what i think of windows security wise   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online - interviewed at Microsoft in June 2013.

Got a Phone interview scheduled.I had never used the microsoft tools so no progress further.No offer

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!