Microsoft

13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Program Manager II Interview

Program Manager II
New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft in November 2007.

Interview Details – Three interviews scheduled ahead of time with a list of names and titles given in advance. At the end of the third interview I was told there would be a fourth and final interview. Each interview lasted about an hour and it helped to have some snacks and soda throughout the day for stamina. Lot's of general program manager'ish type questions and it helped that I read The Zen of Program Management in advance to answer these. Not too many logic or case study type questions.

Interview Question – What did you like least about your last position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Received an additional $5,000.00 after holding back a few days on accepting the offer.

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Microsoft in July 2008.

Interview Details – The interview process was ok with the Sr Manager of Digital Marketing himself calling to set up the interview. The interview lasted for an hour, was more of a pressure interview where they would ask a series of questions with an aim to gauge how much a candidate can take. I did pass the test, but finally didnt get the offer as they didnt want Masters candidate for the position..Wish they had decided before the process

Interview Question – It's Friday afternoon and you are neck deep in a client deliverable, right then your boss asks you to finish another deliverable. Which one will you choose and why ?   Answer Question

Portfolio Manager Interview

Portfolio Manager
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in November 2011.

Interview Details – Firts round of phone interviews, after which I was asked to partake in a full day of interviews in the New York office (4 separate 1 on 1 interviews.) After that round, was asked to go to Redmond for final two interviews. Each interviewer was a progression in title, and each was the gate keeper to the next. The interviewers would share notes in before moving on. The recruiter for MS was very helpful, and coached me through the process.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a certain situation? Describe a time you had to deal with a situation, and explain how you dealt with it?   View Answer
  • Describe a time you had to deal with a situation, and explain how you dealt with it?   View Answer

Solution Specialist Interview

Solution Specialist
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Microsoft in December 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process is lengthy and very detailed. At least three over the phone interviews and then one in person with a committee of at least 4 or 5 people that your interview with. Interestingly, all three of the top candidates were brought in at the same time so you could see them move from room to room as you progressed through the process. The committee votes on each of the candidates. You must received unanimous vote or you are out.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Their offer was very fair.

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview Details – Great experience, spoke to 4 different people who asked me various behavioral questions. lots of good questions and engagement, really smart people!

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you failed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very pleasant...

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview Details – I had an on campus interview. They were very nice during the whole process. A Q&A session was held on campus the night before where you were able to become more comfortable with interview and the process. It lasted 45 minutes and was a 1-1 interview. The questions were very straight forward. Talk about your experience and past projects. Then a hand written technical question based on string manipulations without any api.

Interview Question – Complex string manipulation without api.   Answer Question

Product Advisor Interview

Product Advisor
Freehold, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Microsoft in September 2013.

Interview Details – Several phone interviews interlayed with a face-to-face with a store manager. The position was filled by a third party employment agency.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult or out of the ordinary. Mostly the standard "how would you rate your former employer?" and "describe your last work environment" type of questions.   Answer Question

Solution Sales Professional Interview

Solution Sales Professional
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in November 2013.

Interview Details – Solutions Sales Professional Process

1. Applied through an on campus recruiter
2. Sent the CV and Cover letter, I believe tailoring the CL to their language and focusing on things I heard from on campus presentation assisted greatly
3. 1st round - Mostly behavior questions, wanting to make sure you really experienced every story, kept asking questions about the information within every story to ensure its genuinely

Interview Question – wasn't something too difficult   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Senior Software Developer
New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Microsoft in June 2013.

Interview Details – Got a Phone interview scheduled.I had never used the microsoft tools so no progress further.No offer

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Microsoft in October 2012.

Interview Details – I submit my resume on a info session, then got an on-campus interview a month later. I didn't prepare for it. The interview divided into three part, behavioral questions, then technical questions including: test cases, design a product, algorithm, system (memory); then Q&A.

Interview Question – The test cases are most tricky, it's really hard to think of all the possible corner cases.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Microsoft interview questions and advice in New York City, NY. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by Microsoft employees and interview candidates.