Microsoft Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.8

Sales Excellence Manager (MACH Program) Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

First I had an interview with a recruiter in a job fair, my second interview (phone interview) was with a Sales Manager, and last round of interview was in New York metro area (3 interviews - 30 min each). All the process took 6 months, Apparently, I have passed to the last round but the recruiter emailed me that she had good and bad news, she mentioned that even if the sales manager recommend me for the last round. They have covered all the positions available, although after 3 months tell called me again to tell me that I was going to fly to New York for the last round of interviews. Most of the question were simple and straight forward, although there was one interviewer that makes you feel uncomfortable, by looking at her phone all the time. Be ready for that too.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself Why Microsoft? (all the managers ask the same) What do you know about the position that you are applying? How did your carrier prepare you for this position? and what would it be the most challenging for you? Describe this bullet point from your resume (they did not pick the most recent job experience) Do you have questions? Are you willing to move to NY? Where do you see you in 5 years? Tell me a time that you did something innovative in your past jobs   Answer Question

Inventory Control Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

The first interview almost didn't feel like one. It's was open house kind of set up but they made the environment extremely relaxed and fun. The second interview was a bit more intimate, I met with 2 different managers and they really just wanted an idea of who you are, and how your previous work experience would contribute to the company and the position you are interviewing for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It's was very straight forward. It was exactly what I wanted/expected so there was really no need to negotiate.

Lighting Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

My agent (from a staffing agency) put me in contact with my current team leader at Microsoft. We interviewed over the phone, and I thought it went well, but after it was over I wasn't sure I had the job. After a week, I had a return call from my agent telling me the good news.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience using Vray?   1 Answer

Product Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

long but it was worth it! in the end i got the offer!! they like high spirited people!! thats is what it is all about!! keep a smile on your face and laugh a lot!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Microsoft? Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond? Tell me about a time when you had to deal wit a difficult co worker or customer and how did you deal with it? Tell me about your self? They might ask you to role play in the group interview and sale something or another person to them as in why should they hire them.   2 Answers

Product Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process copies Apple employment process. The process was for a new flag store that was opening, so the process was very long and I jones.to forgot I even applied to Microsoft until I got the email to confirm the hiring event. They start with a phone screen, then you move on to group interview than a 1:1 with store managers. I passed the first two parts then I had to wait a couple of weeks to get the vague, impersonal email, that, they are moving on with other candidates. The people there seemed nice, but to leave potential employees hanging for so long, only to leave a vague email. I wouldn't recommend this company because their process is very long, they communicate intermittently through the process so your confused about, how the interview process works or if your date is confirmed, and they leave impersonal responses after leaving you hanging for months. If your looking for a company that appreciates their workers, I would look elsewhere, because I firmly believe that, a company should treat their potential employees with respect but the way I was treated left me, feeling sick. They start out nice to reel you in, than you start to notice the inconsistencies and whatever you do, don't be honest and tell them you want full time because they claim full tome is for their current employees, so o felt they pasted over me because, I requested full time, educated, and has experience. It appears that they look for the newcomers to the workforce so they can have people to abuse, this is what I learned from my experience.

Solution Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

Phone Interview, followed by in-person interview(s) with (5) managers in the Sales District, followed by presentation to Sales Leadership. I was given a choice as to which product, one at Microsoft, or my current competitive product.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you win specific deals? Describe what you learned when you lost one? Describe strengths/weaknesses? Describe your specific contribution to winning a deal (vs group)   Answer Question

Negotiation

They doubled my base! I was woefully underpaid at my then present employer so Microsoft brought me to industry norm.

Premium Search Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process at Microsoft, for me, has been awesome and relatively straight forward. I appreciated this and have a greater respect for the company because of this. Not always is this the case. For this particular job, the process was quick, to the point, and extremely professional. I have enjoyed working with everyone from the very first recruiter via LinkedIn, to the interview scheduler, Sr. recruiter (great at her job), and four current employees/mngrs whom I met in person and interviewed with in the Microsoft office. 20-40 min interviews with each individual.

Interview Questions

• Why Bing ads? Why SEM? Why Microsoft? Describe a time you failed/succeeded? What did you learn? How did this affect the team and client relationships? This question was asked 4 diff times, in 4 different ways. Have multiple examples in a story telling format. Feel comfortable in owning these examples.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Still in the process. From what I understand, the pay will be competitive. Making sure to confirm the position level and pay is where it needs to be. That will determine how this next phase goes.

Inventory Control Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I must say Microsoft made me feel very confident during the whole interview process from over the phone with one of their great Sourcer Specialist Colette Guy to intending the hiring event. I applied online and just in a short amount of time I got a call for a phone interview. A few brief questions were asked and after I completed my application I was then asked to attend the hiring event.

Account Technology Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

3 layers of management, technical, sales and personal. One full day effort, starting early morning with back to back discussions from the three potential hiring managers. There was a final phone discussion at the end, followed by HR negotiations on package.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview process was done entirely over the phone and via Skype. They were all really short interviews that focused very little on my past experience and mostly on what I knew about Microsoft and what I wanted to do in the future. Overall, the interview was really say and didn't really dive deep into my skills (probably why Microsoft retail stores have many unqualified candidates working at them). It requires very little technical aptitude, awareness, or knowledge, and mainly focuses on the customer experience and your passion for working with people. Be prepared to have specific examples ready.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that you think Microsoft could be doing better?   1 Answer