Microsoft PM Intern Interview Questions

3.5

Intern PM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Microsoft (Bellevue, WA) in November 2013.

Interview

I had 4 hour long interviews with one being over lunch. None of the interviews were very technical as the PM position is not very technical. The asked questions which made you think and allowed them to see how you think. They don't care what your answer is they just want to see how you react to them asking you certain questions and how you handle when they challenge your answer

Interview Questions

• not a difficult question but its the question everyone asked. They want to know how passionate you are about technology and Microsoft especially so everyone asks "Why Microsoft" and "Why do you want to get into technology?"   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

PM Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

The process was long. I did a college interview in August and didn't get an on campus interview until December.

PM Intern Interview

Interview

Left resume at school job fair, called up for an interview. Walked in the room, and interviewer was very patient and nice. Asked me questions and lasted around 25 min.

PM Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Microsoft in December 2012.

Interview

Very long process that included initial contact for an interview invitation by a recruiter, followed by a 1:1 interview at University campus, and finally 2 months later an on site interview in Redmond. Met with three different full time employees, asked general design questions, why I was interested in PM, and details about projects that I've worked on in and outside of school. Some coding/algorithm questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Asked to describe the differences between some applications.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in March 2011.

Interview

It was very straightforward. Five back-to-back interviews covering C++ programming, a brain teaser or two, and some feature design (I think it was some sort of specialized alarm clock for disabled people). It was very organized with a concrete schedule for the day. There were also a number of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Given three lists, find all the common elements.   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A, this was an internship

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in January 2009.

Interview

The interview consisted of two interviews. There was one with a product manager. The question centralized around designing a product. The product that I had to design was a phone for a mother. She had specific requirements wish she fleshed out as you asked more questions about the market/segment.

The other part of the interview was with the HR, which were basic questions around Why you want to work here? What are you passionate about...etc.