Microsoft

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern PM Interview

Bellevue, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Microsoft in November 2013.

Interview Details – I had 4 hour long interviews with one being over lunch. None of the interviews were very technical as the PM position is not very technical. The asked questions which made you think and allowed them to see how you think. They don't care what your answer is they just want to see how you react to them asking you certain questions and how you handle when they challenge your answer

Interview Question – not a difficult question but its the question everyone asked. They want to know how passionate you are about technology and Microsoft especially so everyone asks "Why Microsoft" and "Why do you want to get into technology?"   Answer Question

PM Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview Details – The process was long. I did a college interview in August and didn't get an on campus interview until December.

Interview Question – They asked me to redesign a vending machine   Answer Question

Interviewed at Microsoft

Interview Details – Left resume at school job fair, called up for an interview. Walked in the room, and interviewer was very patient and nice. Asked me questions and lasted around 25 min.

Interview Question – Design a alarmclock with a refridgerator   Answer Question

PM Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Microsoft in December 2012.

Interview Details – Very long process that included initial contact for an interview invitation by a recruiter, followed by a 1:1 interview at University campus, and finally 2 months later an on site interview in Redmond. Met with three different full time employees, asked general design questions, why I was interested in PM, and details about projects that I've worked on in and outside of school. Some coding/algorithm questions as well.

Interview Question – Asked to describe the differences between some applications.   Answer Question

Redmond, WA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Microsoft in March 2011.

Interview Details – It was very straightforward. Five back-to-back interviews covering C++ programming, a brain teaser or two, and some feature design (I think it was some sort of specialized alarm clock for disabled people). It was very organized with a concrete schedule for the day. There were also a number of behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Given three lists, find all the common elements.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – N/A, this was an internship

Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Microsoft in January 2009.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of two interviews. There was one with a product manager. The question centralized around designing a product. The product that I had to design was a phone for a mother. She had specific requirements wish she fleshed out as you asked more questions about the market/segment.

The other part of the interview was with the HR, which were basic questions around Why you want to work here? What are you passionate about...etc.

Interview Question – Design a phone for a mother.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Microsoft

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!

Microsoft Videos

Microsoft – Why Work for Us?

What do you want in a job? Do you want more than a paycheck? At Microsoft, you can discover potential you didn’t know you had, push your limits, turn your ideas into reality and make a real impact on the industry and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Microsoft PM Intern interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Microsoft employees and interview candidates.