Microsoft

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Palo Alto, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview Details – I had 4 interviews with various personnel including the store manager and the assistant managers. Many questions about my past customer service skills and interactions where asked. Further, they wanted to know what kind of technical/computer background and skill level i had. They asked what my previous hourly wage was.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years if hired with our company   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation, it was a take it or leave it offer.

Corte Madera, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in July 2012.

Interview Details – Copies the Apple store. First will be a group interview where they show videos of the fun things that happen. Then 1-1 with an Assistant Manager. If you pass that on to a 1-1 with the store manager.

Interview Question – Would you move for the job. Was weird for a regular retail job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in October 2012.

Interview Details – It was all pretty jumbled, you first interview over the phone for about 45 mins with some third party company, then you are sent to a Skype call with someone. This was my experience with a new store opening. Existing stores will simply bring you in for a face to face meeting. All pretty run of the mill.

Interview Question – Nothing it was all pretty basic   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None, they offered the maximum amount, this however has changed and I can't speak to the process.

Product Advisor

I applied online - interviewed at Microsoft in March 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring and interview process as very easy. Each hiring manager is different. My hiring manager just likes to see a really good personality. I didn't expect it to have gone as smoothly as it did.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question was do I have any children. It was more of a conversation that an interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none, although I have heard negotiation is possible.

Hartford, CT

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in November 2013.

Interview Details – First-3rd party interview
second- microsoft phone interview
third-group interview: stand up in front of the group and introduce the person next to u and say why they should hire them.
Fourth: received a one on one interview cpl day later
They said will take about two weeks before i hear back

Interview Question – one one on is basically just a conversation about ur background. what products u like and what u liked about the store.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation its 13 an hour

Freehold, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Microsoft in September 2013.

Interview Details – Several phone interviews interlayed with a face-to-face with a store manager. The position was filled by a third party employment agency.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult or out of the ordinary. Mostly the standard "how would you rate your former employer?" and "describe your last work environment" type of questions.   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview Details – Hiring/interviewing is fairly inconsistent and isn't explained well. Submitting a resume through the website doesn't necessarily guarantee feedback. Taking a resume into the store leadership is far more effective.

Interview Question – What would you change about the Microsoft brand?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation for pay. They have set pay scales that they strictly adhere to.

Seattle, WA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Microsoft in October 2013.

Interview Details – Was contacted for an interview by a staffing agency, had an interview one week later and hiring manager said she would call with in a week.

Interview Question – What is your favorite Microsoft product currently.   Answer Question

Lone Tree, CO

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in September 2012.

Interview Details – sat down with the GM in a group interview. a few technical questions asked, many customer service questions asked, inquired on how well you know your steps of service

Interview Question – sell me my pen. go.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – difficult because they tried to lowball me at 10 an hour

Product Advisor

I applied online and interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview Details – I went through interviews with two out of three of the assistant store managers. Ultimately the HR manager told me during my interview with him that I should expect a call during the week.

Interview Question – No off the wall questions were asked neither was I asked what my weaknesses are.   Answer Question

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!