Microsoft Product Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.7

Product Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Interview process was very straightforward. I was referred by an employee and also had to apply online. Shortly after, I was interviewed by two managers back to back outside of the store. They asked few tech questions and mainly focused on how you work as a team member and what sales experience you have. I believe they require a year of sales experience. Be ready to discuss the experiences in your resume and times of conflict you had with team members and how you resolved the issue.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Product Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft in September 2014.

Interview

1) Applied online
    2) Phone call interview
    3) Group interview
    4) One on one interview

The whole process took like 3 weeks.

It's all about charisma and personality. They don't care about how much tech experience and knowledge you have because they will teach you what they want you to know.

Interview Questions

• What are any flaws that you bring to the company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate with my hourly pay because I am kinda new to the workforce... however, some of my co-workers did negotiate. If you have a lot of experience... you'll be able to negotiate your pay.

Product Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft in August 2014.

Interview

3-step process- phone interview,open-house/group interview, then a 1:1 interview with store manager. I passed to phone interview and plan on attending to open house next week.Phone interview was very easy. Just explaining how your skills and experiences would benefit Microsoft and what pay you desired.

Interview Questions

• Have not been asked a difficult question thus far. However, I am just in the beginning of hire process. Phone interview was very easy. Just explaining how your skills and experiences would benefit Microsoft and what pay you desired.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

I had 4 interviews with various personnel including the store manager and the assistant managers. Many questions about my past customer service skills and interactions where asked. Further, they wanted to know what kind of technical/computer background and skill level i had. They asked what my previous hourly wage was.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years if hired with our company   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation, it was a take it or leave it offer.

Product Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Microsoft in August 2014.

Interview

The interview is one of the most creative I've been through. It consists of an open house followed by a one on one interview. The open house consists of information about the company and all the details of the position, followed by an introduction of yourself and a partner. Next is a group interview process. If you do well enough and they like you you will be called back for a one on one interview. The one on one interview didn't really feel like an interview it felt like a conversation instead which was great. Overall great experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite thing about Windows 8 or any other Office Program?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft (Hartford, CT) in November 2013.

Interview

First-3rd party interview
    second- microsoft phone interview
    third-group interview: stand up in front of the group and introduce the person next to u and say why they should hire them.
    Fourth: received a one on one interview cpl day later
    They said will take about two weeks before i hear back

Interview Questions

• one one on is basically just a conversation about ur background. what products u like and what u liked about the store.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation its 13 an hour

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Microsoft (San Diego, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

receive call to set up an interview on a Friday. Interviewed on a Monday very casual sat outside. First question was to tell me something about yourself that I don't already know.

Interview Questions

• I was also asked why do I want to work at Microsoft?tell me an awesome customer service experience you had that blew your mind? What type of phone do you have and wet features do you like about it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft (Boston, MA).

Interview

Hiring/interviewing is fairly inconsistent and isn't explained well. Submitting a resume through the website doesn't necessarily guarantee feedback. Taking a resume into the store leadership is far more effective.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation for pay. They have set pay scales that they strictly adhere to.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in October 2013.

Interview

Was contacted for an interview by a staffing agency, had an interview one week later and hiring manager said she would call with in a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freehold, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Microsoft (Freehold, NJ) in September 2013.

Interview

Several phone interviews interlayed with a face-to-face with a store manager. The position was filled by a third party employment agency.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult or out of the ordinary. Mostly the standard "how would you rate your former employer?" and "describe your last work environment" type of questions.   Answer Question