Microsoft

Updated Dec 8, 2014

2.7

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Product Advisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft in August 2014.

3-step process- phone interview,open-house/group interview, then a 1:1 interview with store manager. I passed to phone interview and plan on attending to open house next week.Phone interview was very easy. Just explaining how your skills and experiences would benefit Microsoft and what pay you desired.

Interview Questions
  • Have not been asked a difficult question thus far. However, I am just in the beginning of hire process. Phone interview was very easy. Just explaining how your skills and experiences would benefit Microsoft and what pay you desired.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

I had 4 interviews with various personnel including the store manager and the assistant managers. Many questions about my past customer service skills and interactions where asked. Further, they wanted to know what kind of technical/computer background and skill level i had. They asked what my previous hourly wage was.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years if hired with our company   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation, it was a take it or leave it offer.

Product Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Microsoft in August 2014.

The interview is one of the most creative I've been through. It consists of an open house followed by a one on one interview. The open house consists of information about the company and all the details of the position, followed by an introduction of yourself and a partner. Next is a group interview process. If you do well enough and they like you you will be called back for a one on one interview. The one on one interview didn't really feel like an interview it felt like a conversation instead which was great. Overall great experience.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite thing about Windows 8 or any other Office Program?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft in November 2013.

First-3rd party interview
    second- microsoft phone interview
    third-group interview: stand up in front of the group and introduce the person next to u and say why they should hire them.
    Fourth: received a one on one interview cpl day later
    They said will take about two weeks before i hear back

Interview Questions
    • one one on is basically just a conversation about ur background. what products u like and what u liked about the store.   View Answer
    no negotiation its 13 an hour

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Microsoft in November 2013.

receive call to set up an interview on a Friday. Interviewed on a Monday very casual sat outside. First question was to tell me something about yourself that I don't already know.

Interview Questions
    • I was also asked why do I want to work at Microsoft?tell me an awesome customer service experience you had that blew your mind? What type of phone do you have and wet features do you like about it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

Hiring/interviewing is fairly inconsistent and isn't explained well. Submitting a resume through the website doesn't necessarily guarantee feedback. Taking a resume into the store leadership is far more effective.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation for pay. They have set pay scales that they strictly adhere to.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Microsoft in October 2013.

Was contacted for an interview by a staffing agency, had an interview one week later and hiring manager said she would call with in a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freehold, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freehold, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Microsoft in September 2013.

Several phone interviews interlayed with a face-to-face with a store manager. The position was filled by a third party employment agency.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult or out of the ordinary. Mostly the standard "how would you rate your former employer?" and "describe your last work environment" type of questions.   Answer Question

Product Advisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Microsoft.

I went through interviews with two out of three of the assistant store managers. Ultimately the HR manager told me during my interview with him that I should expect a call during the week.

Interview Questions
    • No off the wall questions were asked neither was I asked what my weaknesses are.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Microsoft in April 2013.

Filled out online application. A phone interview was recorded by a 3rd party a few days later, took about an hour. Week later went to a group hiring event where they had us "sell" our fellow attendants. Next day had an individual interview with the manager of the store.

Interview Questions
    • Asked my favorite thing to shop for, asked how i would sell it if this item cost $150.   Answer Question