Microsoft Product Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2015

2.4

Product Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Had three phone interviews that took about two weeks. Offered the job on the first of the month. Flew out of state to various states for training. Came back to the state and did more training.

Interview Questions

• Favorite hobbies? What do you like about Microsoft?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

long but it was worth it! in the end i got the offer!! they like high spirited people!! thats is what it is all about!! keep a smile on your face and laugh a lot!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Microsoft? Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond? Tell me about a time when you had to deal wit a difficult co worker or customer and how did you deal with it? Tell me about your self? They might ask you to role play in the group interview and sale something or another person to them as in why should they hire them.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft (Bellevue, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

A recruiter found my resume on careerbuilder.com and contacted me regarding a phone interview. I was asked questions such as what my favorite piece of technology is and what do I like about Microsoft, the rest of it consisted of her talking about the benefits of the job. About 2-3 weeks later I was contacted by a manager and we scheduled a 1-1 interview. The interview was very chill, we sat one bench outside of the store. I was asked a few questions regarding my prior work experience and my personal life(school,interests). The rest of the interview was about the training process and the benefits that come with the job, overall a very easy interview. As I was driving back home I received a call saying I got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The wage offered was $13.50 and I accepted that.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process copies Apple employment process. The process was for a new flag store that was opening, so the process was very long and I jones.to forgot I even applied to Microsoft until I got the email to confirm the hiring event. They start with a phone screen, then you move on to group interview than a 1:1 with store managers. I passed the first two parts then I had to wait a couple of weeks to get the vague, impersonal email, that, they are moving on with other candidates. The people there seemed nice, but to leave potential employees hanging for so long, only to leave a vague email. I wouldn't recommend this company because their process is very long, they communicate intermittently through the process so your confused about, how the interview process works or if your date is confirmed, and they leave impersonal responses after leaving you hanging for months. If your looking for a company that appreciates their workers, I would look elsewhere, because I firmly believe that, a company should treat their potential employees with respect but the way I was treated left me, feeling sick. They start out nice to reel you in, than you start to notice the inconsistencies and whatever you do, don't be honest and tell them you want full time because they claim full tome is for their current employees, so o felt they pasted over me because, I requested full time, educated, and has experience. It appears that they look for the newcomers to the workforce so they can have people to abuse, this is what I learned from my experience.

Product Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft in May 2015.

Interview

1: Phone Screening. 2: Group Interview. 3: 1 on 1 My experience: I received an e-mail stating that I was one of the people chosen to come in for a 1 on 1 interview, and to expect a call. And that the interview was to be conducted in the next two days. I missed the call but, immediately called back. The mgr was busy and was told that I would get a call back. When I tried to call the next day, the mgr wasn't there. So, I am confused as to where to go from here. I guess I am going to have to wait and see.

Interview Questions

• What would u ask someone who wanted a laptop? Why should we hire the person next to you?   1 Answer

Product Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Interview process was very straightforward. I was referred by an employee and also had to apply online. Shortly after, I was interviewed by two managers back to back outside of the store. They asked few tech questions and mainly focused on how you work as a team member and what sales experience you have. I believe they require a year of sales experience. Be ready to discuss the experiences in your resume and times of conflict you had with team members and how you resolved the issue.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft (Burlington, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied on their website and then they called me within the week, It took a while to get an interview but once I did they expedited the process and hired me.

Product Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft in September 2014.

Interview

1) Applied online 2) Phone call interview 3) Group interview 4) One on one interview The whole process took like 3 weeks. It's all about charisma and personality. They don't care about how much tech experience and knowledge you have because they will teach you what they want you to know.

Interview Questions

• What are any flaws that you bring to the company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate with my hourly pay because I am kinda new to the workforce... however, some of my co-workers did negotiate. If you have a lot of experience... you'll be able to negotiate your pay.

Product Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft in August 2014.

Interview

3-step process- phone interview,open-house/group interview, then a 1:1 interview with store manager. I passed to phone interview and plan on attending to open house next week.Phone interview was very easy. Just explaining how your skills and experiences would benefit Microsoft and what pay you desired.

Interview Questions

• Have not been asked a difficult question thus far. However, I am just in the beginning of hire process. Phone interview was very easy. Just explaining how your skills and experiences would benefit Microsoft and what pay you desired.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

I had 4 interviews with various personnel including the store manager and the assistant managers. Many questions about my past customer service skills and interactions where asked. Further, they wanted to know what kind of technical/computer background and skill level i had. They asked what my previous hourly wage was.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years if hired with our company   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation, it was a take it or leave it offer.