Microsoft Product Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2014

2.7

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Product Advisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in August 2014.

3-step process- phone interview,open-house/group interview, then a 1:1 interview with store manager. I passed to phone interview and plan on attending to open house next week.Phone interview was very easy. Just explaining how your skills and experiences would benefit Microsoft and what pay you desired.

Interview Questions
  • Have not been asked a difficult question thus far. However, I am just in the beginning of hire process. Phone interview was very easy. Just explaining how your skills and experiences would benefit Microsoft and what pay you desired.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Product Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Microsoft in August 2014.

The interview is one of the most creative I've been through. It consists of an open house followed by a one on one interview. The open house consists of information about the company and all the details of the position, followed by an introduction of yourself and a partner. Next is a group interview process. If you do well enough and they like you you will be called back for a one on one interview. The one on one interview didn't really feel like an interview it felt like a conversation instead which was great. Overall great experience.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite thing about Windows 8 or any other Office Program?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Microsoft.

I had 4 interviews with various personnel including the store manager and the assistant managers. Many questions about my past customer service skills and interactions where asked. Further, they wanted to know what kind of technical/computer background and skill level i had. They asked what my previous hourly wage was.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years if hired with our company   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation, it was a take it or leave it offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Corte Madera, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corte Madera, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in July 2012.

Copies the Apple store. First will be a group interview where they show videos of the fun things that happen. Then 1-1 with an Assistant Manager. If you pass that on to a 1-1 with the store manager.

Interview Questions
    • Would you move for the job. Was weird for a regular retail job.   Answer Question
    None

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in October 2012.

It was all pretty jumbled, you first interview over the phone for about 45 mins with some third party company, then you are sent to a Skype call with someone. This was my experience with a new store opening. Existing stores will simply bring you in for a face to face meeting. All pretty run of the mill.

Interview Questions
    None, they offered the maximum amount, this however has changed and I can't speak to the process.

Product Advisor Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Microsoft in March 2012.

Hiring and interview process as very easy. Each hiring manager is different. My hiring manager just likes to see a really good personality. I didn't expect it to have gone as smoothly as it did.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was do I have any children. It was more of a conversation that an interview.   Answer Question
    There was none, although I have heard negotiation is possible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in November 2013.

First-3rd party interview
    second- microsoft phone interview
    third-group interview: stand up in front of the group and introduce the person next to u and say why they should hire them.
    Fourth: received a one on one interview cpl day later
    They said will take about two weeks before i hear back

Interview Questions
    • one one on is basically just a conversation about ur background. what products u like and what u liked about the store.   View Answer
    no negotiation its 13 an hour

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Freehold, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freehold, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Microsoft in September 2013.

Several phone interviews interlayed with a face-to-face with a store manager. The position was filled by a third party employment agency.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult or out of the ordinary. Mostly the standard "how would you rate your former employer?" and "describe your last work environment" type of questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft.

Hiring/interviewing is fairly inconsistent and isn't explained well. Submitting a resume through the website doesn't necessarily guarantee feedback. Taking a resume into the store leadership is far more effective.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation for pay. They have set pay scales that they strictly adhere to.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Microsoft in October 2013.

Was contacted for an interview by a staffing agency, had an interview one week later and hiring manager said she would call with in a week.

Interview Questions

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!