Microsoft

Updated Nov 15, 2014

3.3

295 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Program Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft in November 2013.

University recruiting. Had an interview. Received an e-mail saying that my interview was outstanding but the position was filled. But that next year I'd be able to apply again and skip the first interview.

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Microsoft in November 2013.

Had an interview on undergraduate school campus and then was flown to seattle for an on campus interview. While in seattle, they had put me in the wrong group so I was being interviewed by test/developers who were not prepared to ask PM questions. But over all all of the interviewees were very nice and easy to talk to which was good.

Interview Questions
    • How would you design an algorithm for an elevator control system   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft in November 2013.

After the first round interview in school after career fair, they flew me to Seattle for the on site interview. The process was rather long, with four one hour spanned interviews

Program Manager Interview

There were two parts as it was through on campus recruiting. First was an in-person screen which since I didn't have a CS degree was a question on designing a better parking pay system in the area. The rest of the interview was some overview on the position and some behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • What do engineers want?
      This was asked as part of designing a solution, and I wasn't sure how to answer it.

Program Manager Interview

One phone interview with brain teasers and behavioral questions regarding resume.

Interview Questions
    • Design my backyard for me.
      DIfference between python and java.

Program Manager Interview

Phone interview, then on campus interview in Redmond. 3 interviews, coding question.

Program Manager Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft.

Applied through college fair, one on campus round of 1 hour.
    Interview:
    About project and leadership examples.
    Quest:
    1. Deisgn a nest generation chat application, how would you test it, what priorities to be kept in mind,
    2. To get path in a tree to attain given value as a sum of values of nodes in the path.

Secondly called at redmond: 4 interviews:
    1st: Why microsoft etc. Design a rubix cube application for smart phone, how will it interact, what features, etc.. (Complete A-Z on deisgning).
    2nd: How will you create an app for controlling blinds in an office, How will you monitor sales of of your app while explaining it to app vendor (quest was un clear and very marketing specific)
    3rd: To design Movie Kiosk. and if a string is filled with double (10, 11) or single (1,0) byte values and you are at the end of the string. traverse back and say whether the value is single or double.
    3 rd: To devise a GPS system, its services, hardware, technology and user specifications.

Interview Questions
    • To devise a GPS system, its services, hardware, technology and user specifications for a 16 yr old newly driver.   View Answer

Program Manager Interview

Microsoft had come to the cornell campus for fall career fair where I went in and dropped my resume. I got a call in a week for the post of program manager. My interview did not go that well and i did not end up with a second round call.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me an algorithm to find the angle between hour hand and minute hand of an analog clock.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsoft.

I was there for a hiring event. They flew me out to seattle and covered all my expenses. I had interviewed with them a year before (I did not get the position then) and they just called me back for final rounds.
    The interviews started at 8 am. There were many other applicants there and we were all applying for positions in the Office Division.
    Everyone went through a series of 4 interviews back to back. Each interview was 1 hour long. The interviews were over by noon.

I got my results the same day.

Interview Questions
    • Design a GPS for a 16 year old novice driver.
      I started talking about safety features and my interviewers latched on to that idea and followed through with it. I eventually came up with an idea where the parents could set controls through an online account. Then he asked me how would the GPS communicate with the online account.
    • Design a mobile app that is a rubic's cube game   Answer Question
    • Design an app that controls all the blinds in the building.   Answer Question
    • design a movie ticket kiosk   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsoft in October 2013.

I was a previous intern in IT for Microsoft and elected to interview on the Products side. I bluffed that I had standing offers with other companies which expedited my interview process. On-site interview was a full day with 6 interviewers who asked many questions and answered any I had.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see the company and yourself in 5 years?   View Answer
    I negotiated a larger signing bonus of about 150%