Microsoft

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Redmond, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft in November 2012.

Interview Details – My first interview was on my college campus. Here you're interviewed for any of the three spots for software development internships. Then after you make it past the first round, they fly you out to their campus in Redmond, WA for the second round of interviewing. At this point you are given a specific position you are applying for (in my case, project manager intern). All expenses are paid: travel, hotel, food, and even some spending money for tourism. While there, you interview with three or four different people. Each interview is one on one and for about an hour each. and you are asked a variety of questions. For project manager intern, I was given a design question at each interview, with either coding or problem solving questions to go with them.

Interview Question – Each interview had a design question where you really have to think about what the customer might need or want to see. One example is designing software for professors mentoring students who are about to fail out of college. You need to think about what will help the professors know how to help the students, what information they might need to see, how to check improvement, etc.   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in December 2010.

Interview Details – Was referred to the position by recruiter. Had 20 minutes phone call with him and then moved on to 2nd interviews in Seattle. Flew to Seattle, had a day of 4 interviews with different managers. Was asked basic programming questions and design questions. Make sure to think through design problems out loud, as well as programming problems and have experience in designing projects. Also speak on past group design projects if you have the experience.

Interview Questions

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Microsoft in October 2012.

Interview Details – Got past the first round fairly quickly; made a very good connection with the interviewer. The coding question was very easy. Second interview -- the interviewer didn't look at me for 10 minutes then asked about servers, and NO design questions (??)

Interview Question – How did servers work?   View Answer

Project Manager Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft in February 2012.

Interview Details – They flew me to Seattle and the interview took a day. I had four rounds interview and the lunch break was considered as one interview also.

Interview Questions

Project Manager Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft in March 2010.

Interview Details – i went through three interviews around the campus.
each interview had certain types of questions pertaining to that field
one lunch interview

Interview Question – how to improve hotmail?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Microsoft

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Microsoft Project Manager Intern interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Microsoft employees and interview candidates.