Microsoft Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

3.3

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

It was a long day, 5 interviews, but very well planned. Employees were very professional and respectful. There didn't seem to be any tricks, just comfortable. They were very upfront about the contenders and the timeline of the process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

Began with a technical interview in person, going over a few behavioral questions and one technical question. Followed up with flying out to Seattle for a five round series of technical interviews.

Interview Questions

• Each interviewer gets to pick the questions they asked. Many of them asked open-ended design questions, such as "how would you design a TV?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

I talked with about 7 people. They passed some information about me to one another, most likely specifying areas that needs additional validation. I was tired at the end. Most likely the idea is to verify how the candidate behave, when he is tired.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Spoke to four different project managers over the course of four hours. In each interview I was asked to design something for a specific problem. I was given lunch at the halfway point between the interviews. When not with a manager I was with a large group of potential interns. We were told they would take as many as they felt performed well. There was no maximum.

Interview Questions

• Redesign a mobile site that you use.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

one round of school interview through recruiter, one phone interview general questions about background, one on-site interview: it included back to back interviews, 1-1, with different group members, each one about one hour. they responded in 1 day. very positive experience with challenging questions, even if you do not get the offer.

Interview Questions

• there are so many challenging questions that you have never heard of. the goal is to check your problem solving skills   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in January 2014.

Interview

Very Smooth, No need to worry about this at all.

Interview Questions

• Microsoft Interview Experience On-Campus Interview (30 Mins) 1) Tell me something about yourself 2) Most difficult project so far? Why--- Drilled as much as he can On-Site Interview at Redmond HR- Basically explained me the entire interview process. Three Rounds of Interview Round-1(60 Mins) 1) Tell me something about yourself: 2) Any Interesting Project? In between Several Question on the project 3) What was your role? 4) Overall Impact of the project on the department? 5) Design a wireless speaker for a home stereo system? 6) Draw a conceptual Diagram Round-2(60 Mins) with Principal Lead Program Manager 1) Tell me something about yourself? 2) Explained another project? 3) Drilled down to the lowest possible level 4) Think out of the box in the project? 5) Any piece of software that you don't like and why you don't like? -- Opened that application in front of me and asked several questions? Lunch-- Conversation about Phone Apps Round-3(90 Mins) Group Program Manager 1) Talked about project and my work 2) What was your most difficult Project? 3) Do something with a Grocery Store 4) Design a Game App? Any Game app? 5) If you get a chance to do any kind of job in the world. In which job you can have highest impact. ------------------------------------------------   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

The first round was behavioral and they asked some basic coding knowledge

Interview Questions

• Some questions asked were: what are some technical difficulties you have encountered before? what will you takeaway from this internship?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Applied at a career fair. The representatives were really nice! I told them that I was interested in the Project Manager position.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to write a Linked List class and then right the sort method for that class.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in December 2013.

Interview

On campus interview followed by an on site location interview 2 weeks later

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

The interview was quite calm and smooth. One on one interview trying to assess which role would best fit myself.

Interview Questions

• Explaining various things to older/younger people scenarios   Answer Question