Microsoft Project Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

37 interviews

3.2

37 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Project Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Microsoft in June 2013.

Pretty straight forward. first interview was via phone with HR screener. Next was via phone with hiring manager. Last was a day in the office with 6 different individuals, starting with HR, then several individuals from the department/team, then the hiring manager, and lastly the "as appropriate". Offer came via HR contact, as did all negotiations, however the hiring manager also did contact me via email.

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Employee  in  Redmond, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Microsoft in October 2012.

Applied on campus job fair. Got phone interview on second day. Then got on-site interview opportunity on second day. After three rounds on-site interviews including lunch interview from 8am to 1pm, I was told that there wasn't more interviews in the afternoon.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't prepare for the algorithms, so I failed to write good algorithm. The interview questions weren't difficult.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in December 2013.

On campus interview followed by an on site location interview 2 weeks later

Anonymous Employee  in  Redmond, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Microsoft in January 2014.

Very Smooth, No need to worry about this at all.

Interview Questions
    • Microsoft Interview Experience

On-Campus Interview (30 Mins)
      1) Tell me something about yourself
      2) Most difficult project so far?
      Why--- Drilled as much as he can

On-Site Interview at Redmond
      HR- Basically explained me the entire interview process.

Three Rounds of Interview
      Round-1(60 Mins)
      1) Tell me something about yourself:
      2) Any Interesting Project?
       In between Several Question on the project
      3) What was your role?
      4) Overall Impact of the project on the department?
      5) Design a wireless speaker for a home stereo system?
      6) Draw a conceptual Diagram

Round-2(60 Mins) with Principal Lead Program Manager
      1) Tell me something about yourself?
      2) Explained another project?
      3) Drilled down to the lowest possible level
      4) Think out of the box in the project?
      5) Any piece of software that you don't like and why you don't like?
      -- Opened that application in front of me and asked several questions?

Lunch-- Conversation about Phone Apps

Round-3(90 Mins) Group Program Manager
      1) Talked about project and my work
      2) What was your most difficult Project?
      3) Do something with a Grocery Store
      4) Design a Game App? Any Game app?
      5) If you get a chance to do any kind of job in the world. In which job you can have highest impact.
      ------------------------------------------------

Project Manager Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Microsoft.

The first round was behavioral and they asked some basic coding knowledge

Interview Questions
    • Some questions asked were:
      what are some technical difficulties you have encountered before?
      what will you takeaway from this internship?

Project Manager Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft.

Applied at a career fair. The representatives were really nice! I told them that I was interested in the Project Manager position.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to write a Linked List class and then right the sort method for that class.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Microsoft.

The interview was quite calm and smooth. One on one interview trying to assess which role would best fit myself.

Interview Questions
    • Explaining various things to older/younger people scenarios   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft.

The first interview was completely a fit interview. Kind of surprised that they didn't ask anything really substantive. Some PM specific questions, but could be for any position. The interview was initially set up as being for any of Project Management or Software Development positions, but the interviewer asked which positions I was interested in and tailored the rest from there.

Interview Questions
    • What about Microsoft are you excited about, and where would you like to work?

Suppose you went on a vacation and the engineers developed several applications. How do you prioritize implementing these developments.

Anonymous Employee  in  Durham, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in October 2012.

I submitted my resume through a recruiter, then got a call for an on campus interview. The interviewer was not what I expected Microsoft to bring. He was quite, barely talkative, asked basic questions and would not look at you while you answer a question. I was asked couple of behavioral questions regarding my resume, followed by a programming question that asked to find the number of a certain character in a string and that was it. The trick was to understand the way you tackle a problem and how you would consider all possible situations.

Interview Questions
    • Why Microsoft? Don't under estimate the power of this question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Microsoft in February 2013.

It's a first round on campus interview, the invitation was sent 1 week in front, you can select one section (30 minutes) in two days. The recruiter is very nice, discussed the resume and ask some general questions. Also ask you to describe a difficult situation you met before and how did you solve it . After that you can select one position you interested, then you will be asked some related questions. I chose project manager, so only one design question was asked.

Interview Questions

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!