Microsoft

Employer Engaged

Microsoft Interview Questions in Pune, India

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Microsoft in October 2013.

Active Directory Troubleshooting

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Microsoft.

if you are a fresher, the interview is limited to algorithms (which will be scaled up just a bit in later rounds) and CS Skills. There will also be some questions around testing - just to gauge your inclination.
    If you have experience, add to the above some design questions too.

Interview Questions
    • Find the next greater number than N which has the same no of 1s in its binary representation as N.   View Answer

Test Consultant At MSGI ( Service Arm of Microsoft) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Microsoft in March 2013.

6 rounds, first 2 telephonic.
    Telephonic interviews were simple and related to normal testing questions.
    3 round: Hands round in which 4 hrs were given to prepare all testing artifacts related to a sample application(test plan , strategy, few test cases, bug report) and do a thorough testing.
    My opinion of 3 round: More of a school analysis, if you write more pages of test artifacts you can impress the interviewer.
    However one shortcoming i discovered about me was "Time management". I guess Microsoft or any other product companies focus on this aspect.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsoft.

Via consultant got a call one day. Even the consultant has a Microsoft email id.
    The project manager in Microsoft is part of PMO..!! yes its true. They are not interviewed for any technology. The only expectation is to have formal knowledge about the project management processes. There are 3 rounds - First is to check if you have basic project management alignment (PMO related) Second and Third are related to real life case studies.
    Believe me, a development manager is not suited for this type of job.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected: Do you remember the Vision statement of your project/organization?
      Difficult: Any very simple sounding situational question which can get tough as the discussion goes on.

Answer Question

Software Development Engineer (SDE) II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

interviewed at Microsoft in April 2012.

On the day of off campus interviews, had 3 rounds of interviews. On getting short listed from these rounds, got an additional rounds at their campus. The interviews were predominately around coding (1st), algorithms and design and coding in the subsequent rounds.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult or unexpected question posed was around the challenges I faced during my previous project.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsoft in April 2008.

it was easy if look back it now but at that time i didn't understand data strctures well. questions we simple like find mirror of binary tree , find if tree is balanced or not. you need good understanding of data structures and algorithms in order to get to microsoft.