Microsoft

Very Easy Interview

Retail Interview

Retail
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft in January 2012.

Interview Details – not a great one. they didn't seem to know what they were really doing and i can't help but think they were not ready to be hiring people at any kind of location.

Interview Questions

Retail Interview

Retail

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Microsoft in March 2012.

Interview Details – The first step was the phone interview. It was the standard fixed question format. However, the agent from Talent+ was phenomenal and made the whole process seem like a semi-casual conversation. The second step was a group meeting. It seemed more like a presentation than a test or interview. I expect they were more concerned about seeing if the person matched up to the answers in the phone interview. The third step was the one-on-one interviews. I was interviewed by two different people. Neither seemed to know what to ask. There were none of the typical "tell me about yourself" or "what is your weakness" questions. That was fine. Instead we talked about Microsoft and the exciting future of their stores. All in all it was easy and stress free. It has been a week since the final interview and I am waiting to find out if an offer will come. I will honestly add though that I am somewhat concerned about the ability of the hiring team to adequately assess applicants.

Interview Question – Tell me a time you "wowed" a customer or client.   Answer Question

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!