Microsoft Retail Interview Questions

2.0

Retail Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

The start of this interview began with a phone interview after completing the application. The next step would be the group panel interview which consisted of about two hours, afterword one of the panel interviewers will follow-up for a personal one on one interview. The entire process was great, the phone segment was a little long with some of the same questions be structured differently so take note of this. I didn't nail the interview but I have applied again for more positions within the company as my interest is still very high within this field.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was; which secondary company would you'd work for.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

not a great one. they didn't seem to know what they were really doing and i can't help but think they were not ready to be hiring people at any kind of location.

Retail Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Microsoft in March 2012.

Interview

The first step was the phone interview. It was the standard fixed question format. However, the agent from Talent+ was phenomenal and made the whole process seem like a semi-casual conversation. The second step was a group meeting. It seemed more like a presentation than a test or interview. I expect they were more concerned about seeing if the person matched up to the answers in the phone interview. The third step was the one-on-one interviews. I was interviewed by two different people. Neither seemed to know what to ask. There were none of the typical "tell me about yourself" or "what is your weakness" questions. That was fine. Instead we talked about Microsoft and the exciting future of their stores. All in all it was easy and stress free. It has been a week since the final interview and I am waiting to find out if an offer will come. I will honestly add though that I am somewhat concerned about the ability of the hiring team to adequately assess applicants.