Microsoft

3.1

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft in February 2014.

First a phone interview, than a 1-1 with your direct manager and then another interview with higher up management.

None.

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft in October 2012.

I applied and had to do a questionnaire then they sent me an email say that they are going to call me for a phone interview the phone interview lasted about 40 min it was long i and they wer asking me all types of questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Microsoft in September 2012.

Was contacted by an employment agency for the interview. They also reviewed my resume, free of charge. Interview was for new store being built in Delaware last fall.

The interview was at Del Tech Community College, and was very brief. Literally less than 5 minutes. They did not seem interested in hiring me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsoft in May 2010.

In-store interviewed with the manager on duty. The majority of the interview emphasized the Microsoft retail store experience as an welcoming and educating place. It is an non-comission position with lots of team reward bonuses. The manager checked to see how familiar I was with the current product lineup and offerings. As long as you are familiar with the products and love to interact with customers, this is a great team environment to work in.

Interview Questions
    • Since it is retail, the hours may not be as flexible as you want. It took a couple tries to figure out a well balanced schedule for employees who are also in school at the moment.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Microsoft in October 2011.

Applied online. Few days later received call from HR who did my initial interview then organized 3 phone interviews. Interviewes went very well from my point of view but then nothing happened. I tried to follow up few times but never got answer to if i was or wasn't fit for the job. While discussed general packages conditions never got to a stage where I actually received an offer.
    Heard rumeros of hire freeze but not sure if that was the resason.
    Generally would imagine that phone interviewes, while inevitable, are not enough to judge if a person is fit for a job or not.

Interview Questions
    • Not a difficult question but some problem solving questions aboout situations and how you would handle them...   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft in July 2011.

Flew me over to Dublin. Put me up in a hotel. 1st round was an assessment day. 2nd was 2 f2f interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about approach to projects at university   View Answer

Offered a role in London with a different company.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Microsoft in October 2010.

The interviewer was very cordial and it was a very pleasant experience. They start with the basic questions and then slowly build on that. They really cover the resume quite well and make sure that they have a clear view on employees qualities and skills. So make sure that you know every point quite well and there is proper story attached to each element.

Interview Questions

I wouldn't have enjoyed the profile.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsoft in January 2008.

got to meet a lot of people in the interview process
    very clear interview process