Microsoft

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview Details – Starting with Several long phone interviews I finally was invited onsite for two days of interviewing with local management. The conversation appeared very one-sided; focusing on my knowledge of the mobile computing marketplace especially as it related to the Insurance Industry. Microsoft appeared to be very slow coming out of the start gate with no clear direction.

Interview Question – We spent an unusual amount of time discussing particular leadership in the major players in the Insurance Industry in the Midwest.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Cleveland, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in November 2008.

Interview Details – Usually a 2-4 week process. They will screen you with 1-2 recruiters. This leads to a finals day. On finals day you will likely be up against 3-5 others. You will be up against at least 1-3 internal candidates. Bring a business plan of your own for 30-60-90 days and really research the role. Mirosoft people are generally nice. Use your neywork. Talk to them and find a sponsor. Have your sponsr reach out to the hiring manager. This goes a long way. Be prepared on interview day.

Interview Question – If you were standing on a global stage and were asked what achievement your are most proud of during your lifetime, what would you say? - Explain?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There isn't a lot of negotiation. Go in asking for what you want and be happy if you get it.

Sales Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in December 2008.

Interview Details – The staff at MSFT is very helpful. The management genuinly seem like good people. I would seriously consider working for them if they made me an offer.

Interview Question – The interview was informal. I do not recall any of the questions...   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Manager

The process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft in May 2012.

Interview Details – arranged first assessment thru a group presentation.
80% of the interviewee are internal micrsoft - either intern or contract (this is ridiculous)
shortlisted a few after the assessment.
dont even have the chance to know individual and asked to go (some with years of experience!)
this is total waste of time!

Interview Question – given a scenario to present the value proposition and why the management should select your logo designed for them   View Answer

Sales Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Microsoft in October 2009.

Interview Details – The process was straightforward. HR would make sure that you have internal manager's approval to apply for a job meeting the minimum requirements, and a successor in place. HR setup the interviews with the respective parties.

HR was unaware that some managers do share their schedules to everyone in the company, thus it was not confidential when they were interviewing for candidates as everyone had access to the manager's calendar.

Interview Question – What value can you add to grow the business and how would you do it differently?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was not given room to negotiate, just what was stated and offered. It was more like take it or leave it type of offer.

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!