Microsoft Sales Manager Interview Questions

3.4

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oakbrook Terrace, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Microsoft.

Starting with Several long phone interviews I finally was invited onsite for two days of interviewing with local management. The conversation appeared very one-sided; focusing on my knowledge of the mobile computing marketplace especially as it related to the Insurance Industry. Microsoft appeared to be very slow coming out of the start gate with no clear direction.

Interview Questions
  • We spent an unusual amount of time discussing particular leadership in the major players in the Insurance Industry in the Midwest.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in November 2008.

Usually a 2-4 week process. They will screen you with 1-2 recruiters. This leads to a finals day. On finals day you will likely be up against 3-5 others. You will be up against at least 1-3 internal candidates. Bring a business plan of your own for 30-60-90 days and really research the role. Mirosoft people are generally nice. Use your neywork. Talk to them and find a sponsor. Have your sponsr reach out to the hiring manager. This goes a long way. Be prepared on interview day.

Interview Questions
    • If you were standing on a global stage and were asked what achievement your are most proud of during your lifetime, what would you say? - Explain?   View Answer
    There isn't a lot of negotiation. Go in asking for what you want and be happy if you get it.

Sales Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in December 2008.

The staff at MSFT is very helpful. The management genuinly seem like good people. I would seriously consider working for them if they made me an offer.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was informal. I do not recall any of the questions...   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft in May 2012.

arranged first assessment thru a group presentation.
    80% of the interviewee are internal micrsoft - either intern or contract (this is ridiculous)
    shortlisted a few after the assessment.
    dont even have the chance to know individual and asked to go (some with years of experience!)
    this is total waste of time!

Interview Questions
    • given a scenario to present the value proposition and why the management should select your logo designed for them   View Answer

Sales Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Microsoft in October 2009.

The process was straightforward. HR would make sure that you have internal manager's approval to apply for a job meeting the minimum requirements, and a successor in place. HR setup the interviews with the respective parties.

HR was unaware that some managers do share their schedules to everyone in the company, thus it was not confidential when they were interviewing for candidates as everyone had access to the manager's calendar.

Interview Questions
    • What value can you add to grow the business and how would you do it differently?   Answer Question
    Was not given room to negotiate, just what was stated and offered. It was more like take it or leave it type of offer.

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!