Microsoft Interview Questions & Reviews in San Francisco, CA

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Product Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Corte Madera, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corte Madera, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in July 2012.

Copies the Apple store. First will be a group interview where they show videos of the fun things that happen. Then 1-1 with an Assistant Manager. If you pass that on to a 1-1 with the store manager.

Interview Questions
    • Would you move for the job. Was weird for a regular retail job.   Answer Question
    None

Microsoft’s Windows Phone Division Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Microsoft in July 2013.

I was initially contacted by a Microsoft representative about a few months ago. She wanted to share a couple of opportunities she had at Microsoft’s Windows Phone Division that she felt I would be a good fit for. I was traveling out of country to Kathmandu the very next day, so we couldn’t really schedule anything at that moment. We decided to get back in touch after I was back in the U.S. While I was in Kathmandu, I was approached by another Microsoft Talent Sourcer who had a different set of opportunities based on Mountain View, CA and Redmond, WA. I got back in touch with her when I came back, filled out a brief questionnaire about my work history, skills, academics, and work status and then I got my first interview scheduled

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Microsoft in November 2013.

I applied to the SDE internship position at my school's career fair and got a response a few weeks later. I spoke to the recruiter about possible graphics related jobs and he made it sound quite promising, even said "yep, we'll interview you." The interview itself was mostly behavioral questions like your greatest achievement, how would you use technology to change the world, etc. Only one technical question.

Research Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Microsoft in March 2012.

I got to know this opportunity from advisor. And then I contact the person who want to hire an intern from our department. We set up a phone interview and chat for a while. Then later they decide to give me the offer.

Interview Questions
    • It is all about probability and statistics, since that is the background I have.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

interviewed at Microsoft in February 2013.

Pretty selective it seems. Took me months of applying to get an interview. The Interview only lasted about 30 min and was relatively relaxed compared to other companies.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have a Microsoft-based computer?   View Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in October 2012.

Overall the interview process ran very smoothly and campus recruiter was very easy to contact.

Account Technology Specialist (ATS) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in May 2010.

great hiring people. super efficient.

very easy

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Richmond, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Richmond, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft in November 2011.

First round interview is not too bad. The interviewer is very very nice.
    The question I was asked was about pointer manipulation and a testing question.
    Was called for second round interview on-site which is two days from now

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft in February 2011.

It took me just one on-campus interview. I contacted them through a career fair. It was one software engineer from a network engineering team interviewing me for about 45 minutes. The first 10 minutes, he spent asking me questions on my previous work experience and projects. Then the next 10 minutes, he asked me an open-ended question on how to design a coke vending machine. During the last 10 to 15 minutes, he asked me technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Write a C++ code to reverse the order of words in a string, without using any additional buffer.   View Answer

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft in October 2010.

one campus interview, one HR interview, hire

Interview Questions
    • On excel, you need to return the sequence of number for alphabet.
      if you got "AA" you need to return 27
        View Answer

got another offer

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!