Microsoft Senior Manager Interview Questions

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

4-5 people on the loop if you are external candidates

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Senior Manager Interview

Several telephone interviews including the HR recruiter and the hiring manager. Full day of interviews, six in total, including 90 minute interview at lunch. Whole process took several months. Interviews were nice but a bit cryptic. Difficult to tell what they were after. Would have helped both parties too have been transparent about needs and capabilities.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Microsoft in September 2011.

I have worked at Microsoft for 3 years as a vendor, so I'm accustomed to the culture and the PROCESS involved with everything. The interview process was no different. It included a rather challenging phone screen with Recruiting (very specific acronyms specific to the role I was interviewing for), then a wait for 3 weeks before an interview loop of 6 Director level or higher members of the team/extended team I'd be working on. Then, another 3 weeks of waiting before being invited to interview with the GM. The rest of the process was as I would have expected, but I was disappointed in the 30 minute final interview. The GM was completely unprepared, had not looked at my resume and had no meaningful questions to ask me. This was disappointing since I had had SO long to prepare and could have answered anything that came my way. When I followed up with Recruiting I was told it would take at least 2 weeks before I'd have an answer. Fortunately, the HIring Manager (whom I had worked with previously) set up a meeting with me the following week to let me know why they had gone with another candidate. I was relieved rather than disappointed! The entire process did nothing to excite me about working at Microsoft.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to rank our competitors in certain categories (relevant to the role) and then asked to rank Microsoft in the same categories.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Microsoft in August 2011.

Recruiter and then a group of interviews from the team you will hopefully work for

Interview Questions
    • Tell me why you are the best candidate and who your leadership mentors are   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft in January 2011.

2 rounds of phone interview, followed by on-site loop. Senior interviewers tend to be scheduled in the afternoon and for those who have passed initial rounds. Each intervewer covers different area.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Depends on the position and the division. Our division has the two step of interview, which are senior mgr and director.

Interview Questions
    • How do you realize the big win in the cloud market? Could you tell us the way of sales scenario?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

It was very good. I had an interview and ended up getting the job. Be confident and you will do great.

Senior Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Microsoft in June 2011.

First HR interview by phone, then followed by in person interview

Interview Questions
    • Describe the case you can prove that you are a self motivator   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

interviewed at Microsoft in June 2011.

6-8 interviews

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Microsoft in January 2008.

Very unprofessional in managing interview process. You are at their mercy.
    They scheduled interviews many times but call never happened at the scheduled time.