Microsoft

Microsoft Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview Questions

3.8

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsoft in February 2013.

Okay, but it comes down to your internal review score, if you are a internal hire. You do better coming from outside the company.

Interview Questions
  • 1.) Diagram the consumerization of IT in the cloud, and what can we do to protect information in the cloud.

2.) Diagram a solution for pulling information back from email or information sent outside of an organization that is deemed confidential.

3.) Using pencil and paper, build a cash flow statement for a business I'm about to tell you and tell me what the annual cash flows looking like. You have to ask questions to get necessary information.

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft in November 2011.

Straight forward process with little to no ambiguity.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft in June 2011.

I worked at MSFT for 6 years and left about 5 years ago. The hiring manager for this position and I had a mutual friend, thus the interview. I had a phone interview with recruiter then a scheduled full in-person loop with 5 team members. All interviews went well and I made it to the 'as appropriate' interviewer. Typically at MSFT they reserve one high-level person to pop in as the last interviewer if everyone else has given you a thumbs up. Recruiter then went and checked my references. All seemed good, but she called back quickly and said that the team decided to go with another candidate, which seemed odd. She didn't give detailed feedback as to what I was missing vs the other candidate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft in January 2008.

They seem to be getting away from the stupid brainteasers, although they may do more of that in the technical fields. Most of the questions were the usual question about what kind of decisions you had made in previous positions, nothing out of the ordinary. Standard 6-7 interviews, moving up the food chain as you go.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about a Go-To-Market scenario in which you had two unpalatable options. sort of a lose-lose situation. Wanted to know how you'd go about analyzing which bad option you;d take.   Answer Question
    almost nonexistent--more of a "take it or leave it" attitude. Was able to get a signing bonus, but even that was difficult.