Microsoft Senior Project Manager Interview Questions

3.6

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Recruiter was exceptional. Process was direct and straight forward. Second round of interview was F2F with the direct manager. All travel and lodging arrangements were managed. Interview was very smooth and respectful. Issue is that it is all show and tell but the sheen is gone once one gets hired.

Interview Questions

• Why am I making a change to become a FT employee after having been freelance for so long.Was unexpected as I was recruited for a specific 'new' role.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Long and drawn out. And the background check process was kind of disrespectful-- guess I should have known. Some wet behind the ears kid asking pretty insulting questions about things having nothing to do with my qualifications or my fitness as an employee.

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA).

Interview

this was a whole day - 5 people; one hour every session - back to back; including a lunch interview which was in Microsoft cafeteria.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult were opened ended questions on a hypothetical problem. You are given a situation - i.e. let's imagining there is no friction - what will happen to a this case (a structure was drafted on a white board) - please describe how you solve this....   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was abroad - it was thru a letter

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA).

Interview

Microsoft receives about 50K applications/resumes a year and usually it takes some time for you to get things rolling but they tend to be quick in pulling the trigger when they find the right person. I didn't have group interview but be prepared to spend the whole day going from office to office.

Interview Questions

• Microsoft hiring managers are known for being very detailed and technical oriented so be prepared for whiteboard questions including coding. Another thing you will need to prepare yourself is "brain teaser" questions. They seem to love these type of questions because they will see your bain working in real-time.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Washington, DC) in March 2010.

Interview

Somewhat complicated and took longer than I anticipated. Microsoft may take a long time deciding where you fit, but eventually they'll steer you straight. For my first role at Microsoft, I had to talk with several people about a few different job opportunities before finally meeting with my hiring manager and landing it.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Chicago, IL) in February 2010.

Interview

Cumbersome, crazy questions (how would you test an ink pen). I have been doing my job for 15+ years, getting these questions made me wonder about the company.

Interview Questions

• Ethics - If you are out of country, and the norm is to bribe to get the deal done, do you bribe?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Always negotiate. Negotiate on different levels (salary, bonus, training, vacation).