Microsoft Interview Questions in Shanghai, Shanghai

3.4

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft in April 2014.

Applied online and passed a online coding test, just questions normal coding interview questions. Then a online personality test which called SLA. After that I got a onsite interview on Microsoft Shanghai Campus. There are 3 technical interviews. The last two interviewer are very nice, while the first interviewer is anxious and arrogant. I did badly at the first, but did well for the next two.

Interview Questions
    • There are 3 onsite technical interviews. All of them start with a 5 minutes self introduction and most favorite project as warm up. Technical questions for each round:
      1. How to detect whether two given linked list have common parts;
      2.Anagram and extended to deal with large scale case;
      3. Search for words in a random character matrix like a Gluttonous Snake game, given a dictionary of legal words for match, and required to analysis the time complexity.

Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft in September 2013.

It's a long process and you need to prepare a lot. I was an intern so I attend the convertion program. And there are four rounds interviews in the convertion program.

Interview Questions
    • interview will ask any computer science questions, deeper and deeper   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Microsoft in February 2013.

2 rounds of interview, first round is hr scanning, second round is future mentor and manager interview. Manager is asking more about behavioral questions and mentor asked more about detail on my portfolio. I am asked to present my portfolio first, and then they asked about the detail in my portfolio.

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Microsoft in August 2012.

Referred by Senior HR Manager. Preliminary interview took place a couple of evenings later at city centre office with senior manager.

Called back to main campus a week later. First three interviews very professional. Technical questions, lots of white boarding. Had an interesting discussion with programmer about optimising code. he was wrong,but could have been looking for a reaction.

Fourth interview was over lunch with a manager. He turned up clutching lunchbox and confessed he'd forgotten he had a lunch interview. Headed to canteen and had generic interview style discussion. Returned to conference room where he confessed that he hadn't prepared any questions either. Still had good discussion about restructuring efforts and company culture. Throughout discussions, he referred to 5th interview with senior manager as if it was going to happen. Very positive.

At end of one hour, he left to find senior manager (the same that carried out preliminary interview) to hand over for 5th and final interview. Left me fairly sure that I was through to the 5th interview and that an offer was therefore likely. He returned 30 minutes later and apologised that they seemed to have some logistical problems and he had been unable to find 5th interviewer so they were going to cut the day short. Would be in touch.

Left, stunned and increasingly angry with the unprofessionalism of the 4th interviewer. Needless to say, have heard nothing further from the company.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Microsoft?   View Answer

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsoft in April 2012.

All technical questions
    1) About array: give the index and sort the array
    2) Abstract data type: stack. given a scenario and ask the implementation
    3) Tree: construct a tree down from the ground

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Microsoft in September 2010.

Interviewed via liveMeeting
    2 rounds of interviews
    first round was technical, second was soft skills

Software Development Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Microsoft in April 2010.

One of my friend recommended me for the SDE position of online billing group. An HR helped me arrange the whole process, including one round of phone screen and several rounds of on-site interview. Each round of interview is technical oriented and the interviewers consist of SDE, SDET and PM.

Interview Questions
    • The interview asked to guess whether I've falled into the trap set by him.   Answer Question

The compensation is satisfied enough.

Technical Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Microsoft in June 2009.

Ok so this is Microsoft China so things are done a little differently.

I actually applied for this position without being 100% sure what it was.

One of the people to interview me called me and described the job as one that involves team work, technical knowledge and writing. Something that was very interesting to me.

Arriving at Microsoft I was setup with 4 interviews all in a row. Now one was running the interview process and I never really found out what the jobs of the 4 people interviewing me were.

Each person had a different version of what the job was, and how people cooperated. The person who I think would have been my manager (but he never said) took me around to show me the office. The Chinese staff who he worked with/supervised pretty much ignored him and he made vague bizarre comments to them.

No questions on technical knowledge, no coordination between interviewers, no testing of writing ability, repeating of questions, and no one could answer my questions.

I was given a free ticket to Shanghai and used that to have an interview in a job that I wanted and accepted.

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft in April 2009.

I have gone through 2 phone interviews before really getting to the office site, having face to face ones, which is composed by 5 rounds and 1 round last for 1 hour.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Microsoft in January 2009.

formal and reasonable

Interview Questions
    • If you were a manager, one of your team member commited an error. What'll you do if he or she committed the same error again?   View Answers (3)

The workload is beyond average