Microsoft Software Development Engineer In Test Interview Questions

3.2

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Campus Interview. 30 mins MSFT also hosted interview prep session on campus before interviewing candidates, take advantage of it. Behavioral question: describe the most difficult task you have overcome, or most annoying bug you resolved in projects.

Interview Questions

• Technical Question : Remove duplicate entries from a single link list   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Mountain View, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied as a PM but they set an interview for an SDET position. Interview process was great though. Had a phone interview with a recruiter where we talked about my classes and projects that I've done. The recruiter was really nice and friendly. They flew me up to Mountain View a couple of weeks later. The first interviewer asked me to write atoi() and merge two sorted linked lists, which I did correctly. My interviews went downhill afterward though...

Interview Questions

• Write a function to count the number of sentences in a grammatically-correct English paragraph.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in December 2012.

Interview

First of all, the interview process was really fun. The interviewer was really sweet and patient. The first round had no technical questions at all. She only asked about me, the projects and a few behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was tough.. You had to just make sure that you answered the question to the point.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Microsoft was on campus and took resumes, although they say you can either apply online or hand them the resume's personally. They did not schedule an interview until I applied online. Although I did not even qualify for the second round, they had the second round of interviews, the very next day again on campus.

Interview Questions

• Remove all duplicate words from a string of words. Not just the duplicate but all the instances of the duplicates need to be removed.   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in December 2011.

Interview

The position was for a college grad. There was an on campus screening. The interviewer asked me problem solving questions and C programming questions. They got back to me a week later and I was asked to interview at the MS Hiring Event in Redmond. This consisted of 4 - 45 min interviews with members of various teams. Each interview was primarily focusing on one problem per interview.

Interview Questions

• All questions were technical or problem solving. I never expected any of them to be difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in December 2011.

Interview

First round was an on campus interview which was fairly easy. Later was called to interview onsite in Seattle for an SDET position in the XBOX live team. Consisted of 4 technical interviews. All of them were fairly easy except one which i guess was the bar raiser and also the reason i didn't get selected.

Interview Questions

• Reverse a single linked list   Answer Question
    • Given a string say "ABCD". Now create a new string with duplicates of each character in the original string and to it append the reverse of the same string (with duplicates) excluding the last character. First iteration: AABBCCCCBBAA Second iteration: AABBBBAA Third iteration: AAAAA   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Boston, MA) in January 2011.

Interview

Scheduled well in advance and the recruiter has been exceptionally good with follow up. Company paid for travel expenses to and from the location of interview. Interview is thorough in algorithms, applications, coding, testing, problem solving.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA) in July 2010.

Interview

2 phone interviews, then 3 Live Meeting Interviews within a day instead of the on site interview. The phone interviews went well. But problems happened during the Live meeting interviews. I never finished each question because each interviewer spent more than half an hour trying to share notepad through Live Meeting. So, there were no time to complete the coding questions.

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in September 2008.

Interview

I went to interview in 2008 from Microsoft office team. I had one phone interview, and then, I got an on-site interview. I have great opportunity to be interviewed one hour for each interviewer. The technical question is not difficult, but I did not organize very well about testing cases, also, the white board questions-solving process I did not have chance to present it very well, I should have cut 10-15 minutes to solve the problem and gave a good explanation instead 30-40 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Give a sport you like to play, and ask how many test cases to test, for example: a tennis racquet, give out test cases.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer in Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft (San Jose, CA) in August 2008.

Interview

Everyone who came for the 1:1 interview has to undergo interviews with 3 diff persons for an hr each. At end of 3rd interview, they take it forward depending on how you have given the interview.

Interview Questions

• Question related to Circular Linked LIst   1 Answer
    • Questions related to Stacks and List combined   Answer Question