Microsoft Software Development Engineer Intern Interview Questions

3.2

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I gave my resume to college recruiter. Invited to attend a what to expect during the interview meeting. Then given an on campus interview the day after. The interviewer was a developer from Redmond. This was round one of process. I was told round two and three would be at Redmond.

Interview Questions

• There were behavioral questions and some technical questions. The one technical question I remembered was N-queens problem.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

Basically just received an email that told me to schedule an interview time. I did and signed up for a phone interview. A week later, I completed a phone interview. We talked about responsibilities of the position, and then went into the technical questions. I was asked a basic sorting question, then asked to describe my preferred search algorithm. All pretty straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would install and configure a router for a home network?   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

I applied online and received interview after 2 weeks

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA).

Interview

A phone interview after 3 weeks of applying.

Interview Questions

• Prepare data structures - array, list, linked list, binary tree, hash maps, etc   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

Had a 30 min phone interview mainly about my coursework and project. Its been almost 4 weeks now and I have not heard from them regarding my result. I have emailed the HR about 5-6 times and she has not even answered once. This puts a big doubt about Microsoft's hiring process. It appears that they do not value people's time. With the HR not replying, I do not know how to know my result. I have not had such an experience with any other company.

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Applied online on October. Got informed from HR on January. Then had a non technical HR phone screen. I did't get through this interview. There are two portions for this interview. First are some typical behavioral questions. Describe the hardest project, etc. And there are some weird questions like what's the most number of lines of code you've written in one project. What's a language that you are most familiar with. Then the brain teaser question. The nine ball question. It's everywhere online.

Interview Questions

• What's the most number of lines of code you've written in one project?   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer (Intern) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA).

Interview

Saw an ad for it at college, applied, passed CV screening, then there was a phone interview (it was an opening in Redmond for Brazilian students). Interviewer asked a bit about college experiences, previous programming experiences/portfolio, and some technical questions. Didn't pass since the main question was a software testing one and I didn't know anything about that. There were internships in development and testing, but they clearly wanted people who would accept the testing jobs.

Interview Questions

• The good ol' triangle problem.   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

A phone interview, followed by 3 interviews in Seattle.

Interview Questions

• The DSP round: I was not expecting this, but I was bombarded with various questions on DSP. Though since I was interviewing for the video DSP team, I should have known better.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Great culture, really friendly recruiter, and awesome welcoming process to Seattle. They really made sure I enjoyed my stay and came to know the city and the culture.

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

It was what you expect from a Microsoft interview. I was contacted for an on-campus interview. The interviewer was very quiet, but he knew what he was talking about. He asked the standard fare of behavioral questions and then asked the technical question. The solution he offered me wasn't correct though, not that I answered it correctly either. Additionally, it seemed he didn't have much mobility in the company since he said he has been in part of the team for the Start button for years now.

Interview Questions

• Being only the first interview, there were no hard questions, but they asked why I liked library A or library B and such questions.   1 Answer