Microsoft

www.microsoft.com

Microsoft Software Development Engineer Internship Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Feb 5, 2014

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Development Engineer/Internship Interview

Software Development Engineer/Internship
Mountain View, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in January 2014.

Interview Details – 2 on-campus, 1 on-site interview

Interview Question – Pretty almost all questions were basic.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Software Development Engineer Internship

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview Details – Phone interview: how to test a pen?; how to design a table? and some brain storm question

Interview Question – Some question like how to design a table?   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer (Internship) Interview

Software Development Engineer (Internship)
West Lafayette, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft in September 2012.

Interview Details – Microsoft showed up at my college's CS career fair. As a freshman it was the first company I tried talking to. After a few words they tossed my resume in a pile and moved me on my way. I then was shocked after finding them so indifferent to find an email asking for an interview. The actual interview was a mix of personal questions (why are you interested in software? computers? Microsoft? How did you get into CS?) and simple technical questions (write a function computing a factorial)

Interview Question – How would you design a GPS device for a hiker   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Internship

I applied online and interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a phone call a couple weeks later asking for an in-person interview. Interview lasted about 40 minutes with one technical question.

Interview Question – Asked me to transpose a matrix. I had no idea what that meant at the time, but I looked it up later and it isn't very difficult.   Answer Question

Fargo, ND

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in February 2013.

Interview Details – 4 interviews, onsite. A whole day of algorithm and behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Given a sorted array, find two elements that sum up to a certain value in linear time.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Software Development Engineer Internship

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview Details – I have had lots of interviews, get offers 90% of time and never failed a first round.
But this time the on campus interview is more frustrating than ever.
They sent a program manager to ask me technical questions who finds standard DP "very hard to follow" and has very little knowledge of system level stuff.
so guys, my advice is to sign up an interview with an engineer.

Interview Question – What is ms product that you like the most?   View Answer

İzmir (Turkey)

I applied online and interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview Details – First round interview;
past experinces; asked me about my previous internship and my duties , and a summer school that i attended.
 and
common questions such as your fav. programming language and reasons for it, why did you choose this profession, do you want to continue your education - masters&phd- , etc.

Interview Question – 9 marbles riddle   Answer Question

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!