Microsoft Software Development Engineer Internship Interview Questions

2.3

Software Development Engineer/Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft (Mountain View, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

2 on-campus, 1 on-site interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Software Development Engineer Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Phone interview: how to test a pen?; how to design a table? and some brain storm question

Software Development Engineer Internship Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Applied online, got a phone call a couple weeks later asking for an in-person interview. Interview lasted about 40 minutes with one technical question.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to transpose a matrix. I had no idea what that meant at the time, but I looked it up later and it isn't very difficult.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I have had lots of interviews, get offers 90% of time and never failed a first round.
    But this time the on campus interview is more frustrating than ever.
    They sent a program manager to ask me technical questions who finds standard DP "very hard to follow" and has very little knowledge of system level stuff.
    so guys, my advice is to sign up an interview with an engineer.

Interview Questions

• What is ms product that you like the most?   1 Answer

Software Development Engineer Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft (Fargo, ND) in February 2013.

Interview

4 interviews, onsite. A whole day of algorithm and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Given a sorted array, find two elements that sum up to a certain value in linear time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Software Development Engineer (Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsoft (West Lafayette, IN) in September 2012.

Interview

Microsoft showed up at my college's CS career fair. As a freshman it was the first company I tried talking to. After a few words they tossed my resume in a pile and moved me on my way. I then was shocked after finding them so indifferent to find an email asking for an interview. The actual interview was a mix of personal questions (why are you interested in software? computers? Microsoft? How did you get into CS?) and simple technical questions (write a function computing a factorial)

Software Development Engineer Internship Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Microsoft (İzmir (Turkey)).

Interview

First round interview;
    past experinces; asked me about my previous internship and my duties , and a summer school that i attended.
     and
    common questions such as your fav. programming language and reasons for it, why did you choose this profession, do you want to continue your education - masters&phd- , etc.