Microsoft Software Development Intern Interview Questions

Software Development Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Did not make it past the first round of phone interviews

Interview Questions

• The questions were really logic based and out of the ordinary. They really just want to see how you think.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Software Developer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

This was a campus interview and lasted for 45 mins. He asked me two questions - 1) Delete a node in sorted singly linked list (with proper garbage collection) 2) Find number of set bits in an integer or any word After that it was few mins of behavioral interview in which he asked about my past work ex and toughest bug faced and related experience.

Interview Questions

• Delete a node in sorted singly linked list - Although it was easy but I made few silly mistakes and covered edge cases after he pointed out.   Answer Question

Software Development Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I got call from the career fair in the university. The initial criteria was just some technical questions to filter out students. Next round was on campus interview.

Interview Questions

• In starting they ask about your projects, your work experience and academics. Then they ask technical questions which is mostly about trees, strings , hashmap and other data structure.   Answer Question

Software Development Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Gave resume to recruiter. Got contacted for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Find the sublist with the greatest sum in linear time   2 Answers

Software Development Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft in November 2013.

Interview

Applied online, was notified that Microsoft would be coming to my campus. Answered all questions correctly and had a good rapport with the interviewer. Did not get an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Boston, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me through linkedin and asked me if I have interest in intern opportunities at Microsoft. Then I followed the instruction and submitted all the required materials. Within one week, they scheduled me a one-hour interview in which there were some behaviors questions and then followed by some technical questions.

Interview Questions

• 1. How do you test a key board? 2. Given nine items and one of them is heavier than the others, how do you find the heavier one using a scale just twice?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Fargo, ND) in July 2013.

Interview

Send my resume to a manager, got a one hour phone interview with him and he wanted to see me onsite. At that point he transmitted to a recruiter to schedule the trip. Had 3 interview, lunch, and two more. Questions ranging from linked-list to graph. Overall questions were simple but you have to take great care about the coding on the whiteboard, I was not prepared to.

Interview Questions

• It was a compiler team, I had to design an alias analysis   Answer Question

Software Developer Intern Interview

Interview

Ask several question about projects on my resume. One question, decide if one string is included in another string.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in February 2013.

Interview

I used Microsoft's online application process and was contacted about a month later. First there was an on-campus screening interview. The interviewer was a software developer. None of the questions were overly difficult. Two of the questions asked: "Given a binary tree, return the number of nodes that have exactly one child." "Given two strings, determine if they are anagrams of each other." A few weeks after that I was contacted again and asked to fly to Redmond for more interviews. Microsoft paid for plane tickets and a very nice hotel in downtown Redmond. They reimburse you for all travel expenses (including taxis to and from the airport, to their offices, and downtown to do some sightseeing) and provide a very generous meal allowance. The Redmond campus is quite nice. I met with my recruiter about an hour after I arrived. There were assorted gadgets in the lobby to occupy me (various surfaces, an xbox or two, some touch computers...) while I waited, along with snacks and drinks. The recruiter chatted pleasantly with me for a few minutes, then told me what to expect for the rest of the day and which team I would be interviewing with. I was then shuttled across campus to my team's building, where I stayed for the rest of the day. There were four interviews in all, one after the other. Everyone was quite courteous and the questions asked were interesting. About half of them were straight out of "Programming Interviews Exposed" and necessitated whiteboard coding. The others were more creative, more about how I would design certain systems and less about the coding details. Three business days after my interviews, my recruiter called and told me that I'd been accepted.

Interview Questions

• Given a binary search tree, determine the lowest common ancestor of any two nodes.   Answer Question

Software Development Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft in February 2013.

Interview

I applied through my university's on-campus recruiting system and got an interview with one of Microsoft's engineers. We went over my past projects and software-related work, and then I was asked a few technical questions (coding questions and brain teasers). The interview lasted for around half an hour to 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Write a program to reverse a linked list   1 Answer