Interviews for Top Jobs at Microsoft
- Software Development Engineer (605)
- Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) (477)
- Program Manager (302)
- Intern (190)
- Software Developer (114)
- Software Development Engineer Intern (67)
- Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II (54)
- Software Engineer (54)
- Software Development Engineer II (45)
- Technical Account Manager (44)
- Program Manager Intern (44)
- Senior Program Manager (39)
- Project Manager (38)
- Associate Consultant (35)
- Product Manager (33)
- Senior Software Development Engineer (31)
- Hardware Engineer (27)
- Software Development Engineer I (25)
- Technical Support Engineer (23)
- Account Manager (22)
- Marketing Manager (21)
- Engineering (20)
- Product Advisor (19)
- Program Manager II (18)
- Software Development Engineer In Test (17)
- Sales (17)
- Senior Product Manager (17)
- Consultant (16)
- Premier Field Engineer (15)
- Senior Consultant (15)
1 person found this helpful
Software Engineer In Test IT Interview
The process took a day – interviewed at Microsoft in November 2011.
I applied for IT SDET/SDE and product development SDET/SCE through Microsoft's career website and I was contacted by a recruiter asking me to fill out a form where in, I was asked to list the positions that I am interested in Mircosoft's IT division and was also asked to provide times for an initial HR phone screen. I got a response after a week with the confirmed time.
For those of you who do not know the difference between IT development and product development, IT development does work for other Microsoft groups where as product development delivers MS products for customers like you and me and other corporations.
The initial phone interview was a behavioral interview with the HR. I got a response from her after about 2 days saying they want me to come to Bellevue, WA for an onsite! I was expecting a tech phone screen and it didn't happen.
I flew to Bellevue, WA a day before my interview and that evening all the candidates who had come for the interview met at the hotel lobby and we were taken to a club where we met the HR people and some tech guys who would be interviewing us the next day. We were also given our schedules. I was given the morning schedule. 4 interviews from 8 AM to 1 PM with some breaks in between. These were the questions I was asked in each of them:
I did pretty well and I was shocked to learn that I did not make it.No reasons were given and I was asked to re apply after 6 months. Results were delivered immediately at 1 30 PM. It was a tough evening for me!
Nice experience. Still disappointed not to make it but I will re apply and get it the next time, if not in MS, in one of the biggies!
- OOP concepts. Implement atoi and write test cases. How would you test for integer overflow even before performing atoi, in the atoi function that I had written. Class diagram for an e-commerce website. Answer Question
- Explain how you would test something. Explain how would you design a new college building in your campus to hold classes. How would you get the total number of pet dogs in the Bellevue area. Answer Question
- Explain some differences between 5 or 6 technologies. I was told that its okay if I would skip certain differences and that I needed to explain only a couple of them. Explain how would you test something. Answer Question
- Largest substring in an array of -ve and +ve integers problem. Was given an abstract function and was asked to write test cases for it. Design a website to save user's passwords for various e-mail and social networking accounts. Answer Question