Microsoft

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Redmond, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in September 2010.

Interview Details – It was a long day. Be prepared. There is typically someone in the loop who's job it is to try trip you up.

Negotiation Details – Easy. They gave me an offer and there was not much room for negotiation.

Redmond, WA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in August 2010.

Interview Details – Recruiting is fantastic. They really engage. Interview is a full day / 6 hour loop. One hour interviews. Heavy behavioral interviewing focus. Offer comes in from HR, via a phone call.

Interview Question – The only difficult questions will be for people coming in from the outside. MSFT has its own culture and lingo.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There really was no negotiation. I gave them my price and they met it.

Redmond, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Microsoft in April 2009.

Interview Details – 8 interviews, very complex, detailed and involving. "tell me about a situation where you....."

Interview Question – Lots of role playing and situational questions based upon your past experiences.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate much. Start date only.

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!