Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Microsoft
- Software Development Engineer (765)
- Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) (501)
- Program Manager (337)
- Intern (270)
- Software Developer (122)
- Software Engineer (82)
- Software Development Engineer Intern (67)
- Software Development Engineer II (59)
- Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) II (57)
- Technical Account Manager (52)
- Senior Program Manager (49)
- Associate Consultant (44)
- Program Manager Intern (44)
- Project Manager (43)
- Senior Software Development Engineer (41)
- Product Advisor (40)
- Product Manager (39)
- Account Manager (32)
- Hardware Engineer (31)
- Marketing Manager (26)
- Software Development Engineer I (25)
- Technical Support Engineer (24)
- Software Engineer II (23)
- Sales (21)
- Senior Consultant (21)
- Engineering (20)
- Support Engineer (20)
- Software Development Engineer In Test (20)
- Premier Field Engineer (19)
- Marketing (19)
Solution Manager Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in September 2010.
It was a long day. Be prepared. There is typically someone in the loop who's job it is to try trip you up.
Easy. They gave me an offer and there was not much room for negotiation.
Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft
Solution Manager InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in August 2010.
Recruiting is fantastic. They really engage. Interview is a full day / 6 hour loop. One hour interviews. Heavy behavioral interviewing focus. Offer comes in from HR, via a phone call.
- The only difficult questions will be for people coming in from the outside. MSFT has its own culture and lingo. Answer Question
There really was no negotiation. I gave them my price and they met it.
Solution Manager InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA) in April 2009.
8 interviews, very complex, detailed and involving. "tell me about a situation where you....."
- Lots of role playing and situational questions based upon your past experiences. Answer Question
Not able to negotiate much. Start date only.