Microsoft

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

1.test a wireless keyboard for desktop
2.what's your favourite product of Microsoft
3.tell me one of your projects
4.what position do you like most?
5.How many lines of code did you wrote in one project?
6.9 marbles. How to find the heaviest one by using a balance twice?
no coding questions

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Microsoft in June 2008.

They asked me a bunch of personal questions, then specific questions about the company: How much cash does MSFT have on hand? What is the long-term plan for XBox? What is the key to making great games? They also asked several brain teasers, for example: How many new cars are bought in the US each year? They don't really care how you answer them, they just want to see how you think through tough questions.

Interview Questions
    • How many new cars, on average, are bought in the US each year?   View Answer

At the time I preferred startup experience.

Summer Intern Interview

First paper test and then Onsite 3 round totally. You should pass any of the first two round, or you won't get the opportunity to see the last man. It seems for the first two round one interviewer is a dev and the other is a test. The quesstion is not that much difficult, maybe because it's just a intern not a FTE......

Interview Questions
    • The quesstion is not that much difficult, maybe because it's just a intern not a FTE......   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Microsoft in November 2013.

First aptitude round on university level, then two or three interview rounds inclusive of HR rounds.

Summer Intern Interview

The key questions in interview were discussion of PhD research. Discussed key developments in my research.

Interview Questions
    The salary for interns is standard. So, there was no negotiation.

Summer Intern Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft in April 2009.

There was one on campus interview in March. And the on site interview followed in a few weeks. Microsoft paid everything for the trip to its headquarter. The on site interview were four one on one interviews. The interviewers asked me mostly programming questions and some more general design questions. My past experience listed on my resumes were asked a lot too. I got the offer the next day.

Summer Intern Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsoft in April 2008.

When the HR find me, they set an appointment for me and also send me an introduction about how to use an online blackboard from MS.

So when the interview starts, I need to login to that blackboard tool and also the interviewer will be on the other side. They 'll ask you questions about programming by phone and also write the question on the blackboard, and then you need to write the code on the blackboard. That interview will last 30-40 minutes, and the number of questions depends on how good the previous questions you made.