Microsoft Interview Questions & Reviews in Sunnyvale, CA

3 interviews

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Microsoft in June 2013.

Got email from Microsoft recruiter, followed by phone calls. They setup a phone screen. then took them about 2 months to setup onsite interview. Scheduling was a bit disorganized on the recruiter part.
    Some of the interviewers are very friendly and cool, some of them seem to not like to be doing these interviews.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Microsoft in April 2013.

Bing team

This was for a hiring event.

Questions asked:
    * web crawler
    * REST calls
    * pattern matching
    * sorted array questions, etc.

Never attend a hiring event.
    At least this event was targeted for very few openings but they interviewed about 40 people.
    This was a very unfair business by microsoft.
    People dont get a day off just like that. Learn to understand that.

Interview Questions
    • Almost all the questions were very easy.
      Although I answered them in very efficient way, I wasnt given a job offer which I feel is very unfair.
        Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in February 2013.

The recruiter contacted me initially with opportunities at Microsoft. I wanted to switch from my current job, so pursued ahead. The recruiter first asked me couple of simple questions on sorting a large list of numbers if limited to a certain range, probability of events and some typical HR questions. I had a skype interview with a test manager, who asked my some questions on Java, Databases and OO concepts. He followed it up with a question to write a method that determines a given tree is a BST.

I was then called to an onsite interview. The questions were typical CS fundamentals with a "how will you test this" question at the end, where they go into a lot more detail.
    Microsoft was very professional in calling me onsite and making all the arrangements. Some of the questions were:
    Max subsum array
    Questions on java design patterns and multithreading
    Elevator design and test
    Max depth of a BST (iterative)
    Given a histogram find the rectange with the maximum area

Interview Questions
    • Given a histogram find the rectange with the maximum area.   View Answer

Worked for Microsoft? Contribute to the Community!