Microsoft

35 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Technical Account Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft in October 2011.

Interview Details – Was selected for an interview through on campus recruiting. The interviewer didnt ask any specific questions that could display my skills and experience. I guess the result was already decided on the basis of resume. I wasn't given the offer since I didn't have experience in the field they required (that's what I assume).

Interview Question – What was the most challenging thing in any of your projects?   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager

The process took a day - interviewed at Microsoft in December 2011.

Interview Details – I was called by the interviewer and she jumped right in. She asked me to talk about myself. I gave her the elevator speech. The rest were behavior based, with the exception of "Why Microsoft?" I was asked at the end of the interview was to teach her how to swing a gold club over the phone. I think that I did well because she giggled a couple of times. I found out 3 hours later that I was invited to Microsoft for a final interview. That will be in 2 weeks. I will update at that time.

Interview Questions

Technical Account Manager

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Microsoft in October 2011.

Interview Details – I initially started with a phone interview which went very well. She asked typical customer service related questions. For example, you are going to meet with a new customer, what would you do in order to gain knowledge about the company? After the phone interview i was invited to an on campus interview. The company provided all travel arrangements. The day of the interview i had 4 interviews. The first one was job fit interview, the second and third one was a case interview, and the 4th one was behavioral. Thought i did ok but i guess that was not good enough because i did not get the job.

Interview Question – how would you deal with an angry customer?   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in March 2011.

Interview Details – You can sense how established and professional MSFT is by their process and communication style. The recruiter sent me 2 docs including life at MS and how to prepare for your interview. That last doc was overkill as it had advice down to making a 90 day plan and formal wear.

The real phone interview was about an hour and all situational questions. you should pick the relevant stories and tell them well.

Interview Questions

• if you were in a meeting by yourself with a client that took a month to book and you get an emergency phone call from another client asking for help on the spot, what would you do.   Answer Question
  • what is your biggest failure   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Microsoft in December 2010.

Interview Details – initial phone interview , followed by onsite with 3 onsite rounds. the interviews were mainly behavioral and were situation oriented.

Interview Question – how will you react when faced with an angry client   Answer Question