Microsoft

Updated Nov 12, 2014

3.3

42 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technical Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

Recruiter contacted me and phone screened me. Then was scheduled to interview with a senior technical account manager. The interview went great and I was told i would advance to the next steps.
Then i was abruptly told by the recruiter that the the director cancelled the finals day for the Technical Account Manager role.

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft in September 2012.

My CV submission via Internet - there was a form to fill in but no covering letter option.
    Followed up within 2 weeks by a preliminary telephone screening From HR. General competency type questions and passion for IT sort of scenario.
    Next step was a 2nd Telephone Interview with the actual hiring manager, I have gone into more details below.

Interview Questions
    • After getting a good feeling from the first 20 mins of the 2nd Telephone Interview with the hiring manger, including a comment that he was stopping the competency questions as he'd like to continue them face to face at assesment centre, in a passing / closing question the following was proposed to me..
      "Say you were in an Elevator with the CIO of your account and he asks you.. Cloud? What is that all about?" How would you answer him or her?
        Answer Question

Technical Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

Initial phone interview with HR. Followed by phone technical interview by team member. Based on those results you are invited to a Finals Day, where you will be interviewed probably 3 - 5 times by different groups of people, most of whom are on the team you are interviewing for.

Interview Questions
    • There used to be logic questions (i.e. Why is a manhole cover round) but those aren't allowed any more. They are also increasingly moving away from deep technical questions to more business-value questions (i.e. You have multiple customers. You have a presentation scheduled with the CEO of one, when you get a call that an Exchange server is down causing company-wide work stoppage at another customer. What do you do?)   Answer Question
    Signing bonus seemed to be the area that was most negotiable.

Technical Account Manager Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Microsoft in December 2011.

Had 2 rounds of interview (First + Final). The entire process took 2 months. Overall the experience was very nice. Had an absolutely amazing experience.

Technical Account Manager Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft in December 2011.

I had a phone interview with a recruiter that lasted 45 minutes. it consisted of some questions about my personality and experience along with a question about designing a calculator for a blind student. I got a 2nd interview and was flown to Texas for 4 1:1 interviews. I was not offered a job.

Interview Questions
    • You have 9 tennis balls and a scale. In 3 or less moves tell me which tennis ball is heavier than the other 8.   View Answers (2)

Technical Account Manager Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsoft in December 2011.

I was called by the interviewer and she jumped right in. She asked me to talk about myself. I gave her the elevator speech. The rest were behavior based, with the exception of "Why Microsoft?" I was asked at the end of the interview was to teach her how to swing a gold club over the phone. I think that I did well because she giggled a couple of times. I found out 3 hours later that I was invited to Microsoft for a final interview. That will be in 2 weeks. I will update at that time.

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raanana (Israel)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raanana (Israel)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft in December 2011.

I was contacted via the linked in by a head hunter who thought my experience is relevant and I will be a good match.She scheduled the interview after a short phone call in which I explained my current role. The interview took 1 hour, questions were general on my personality and experience. In the middle of the interview I got a "hint" that I have small experience for this role and she will think of a different role, if any exists

Technical Account Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsoft in October 2011.

Was selected for an interview through on campus recruiting. The interviewer didnt ask any specific questions that could display my skills and experience. I guess the result was already decided on the basis of resume. I wasn't given the offer since I didn't have experience in the field they required (that's what I assume).

Interview Questions
    • What was the most challenging thing in any of your projects?   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager Interview

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Microsoft in October 2011.

I initially started with a phone interview which went very well. She asked typical customer service related questions. For example, you are going to meet with a new customer, what would you do in order to gain knowledge about the company? After the phone interview i was invited to an on campus interview. The company provided all travel arrangements. The day of the interview i had 4 interviews. The first one was job fit interview, the second and third one was a case interview, and the 4th one was behavioral. Thought i did ok but i guess that was not good enough because i did not get the job.

Technical Account Manager Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft in March 2011.

You can sense how established and professional MSFT is by their process and communication style. The recruiter sent me 2 docs including life at MS and how to prepare for your interview. That last doc was overkill as it had advice down to making a 90 day plan and formal wear.

The real phone interview was about an hour and all situational questions. you should pick the relevant stories and tell them well.

Interview Questions
    • if you were in a meeting by yourself with a client that took a month to book and you get an emergency phone call from another client asking for help on the spot, what would you do.   Answer Question
    • what is your biggest failure   Answer Question