Microsoft Technical Support Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 8, 2014

3.5

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Was introduced to recruiter at career fair. Received e-mail of interest from recruiter within two weeks. Had two phone interviews asking mainly technical questions followed by in-person interviews with four managers.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a difficult problem you encountered and how you worked to solve it   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Technical Support Engineer Interview

The interviewer is conducted on Skype due to oversea's position. Time of interview was 40-50 minutes. 10-12 questions. To prepare for this interview, I assort about 10-15 Microsoft interview questions and most of them are what I received as interview question. However, some of questions that have no correct answers are hard to answer, it is definitely best to think and prepare them before interview.

Interview Questions
    • How do you build a refrigerator (or a calculator)?
      If you are to build a kitchen, what will it look like?
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Microsoft in December 2012.

1 round have to answer 12 questions on the phone. 80% correct rate will earn you a ticket to the 2 round.
    2 round talk to a senior support engineer about troubleshoting questions
    3 round onsite to meet the team, last round was still tough, I was asked a lot tough questions like from the windows networks to windows clusters, from software to hardware tuning

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Microsoft in March 2012.

They got my resume through college career services. The interview consisted of 4 1:1 interview each lasted for 45 minutes. three of them were much more at behavioral side and one was general programming.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was too general. Couldn't even figure out what they were looking for.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Microsoft in January 2012.

Campus interview is easy, just talk previous working experience.
    Phone interview is not hard, just anwer the question about "the most difficulty of your work..."
    The day before onsite interview, there is a dinner to meet engineers in MS.
    Onsite interivew is intensive. Talk to 4 person, and 45 minitues per person. Everyone will give you a like behavior question, such as "what would you do if something happened..."
    They are very nice persons, every student is exciting about the interview, but not everyone can get offer.
    By the end of interview day, the offer will be known.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Microsoft in March 2011.

the process is quite smoothly and check with HR, HR will deliver the resume with the team managers

When we process the inteview, it will raise some common techincal issues and some IQ issues

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Microsoft in September 2009.

Referral, HR phone screen and then in person

pretty close ended

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft in January 2009.

My interview was great technically tough but open and warm.

Interview Questions
    IT was good but it was also before Microsoft became greedy and stingy.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft.

Very well defined and organized HR dept and interview process, they are always on schedule and keep you updasted

Interview Questions
    they usually make a good offer compared to other companies

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thanjāvūr (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thanjāvūr (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Microsoft in July 2013.

On-campus recruitment process over 3 days.Aptitude and Programming skills test in the 1st round.GD,one or two rounds of technical interview,a HR round and finally a Manager round,similar to the HR round.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself.They expect us to be honest but sometimes your answer might turn the tide against you.   Answer Question