Microsoft

www.microsoft.com

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Test Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft in May 2012.

The interview process was good and they expected the basics of programming and algorithms for Test Consultants as well

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Test Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Microsoft in March 2012.

I was an internal referral, hence the call was quicker than expected. The HR was very calm, soft spoken and provided all necessary details that I required for the job interview preparations. Hence, thumbs up to the person handling the schedules.

First/Second rounds were telephonic, and since the HR briefed me quite well on expectations, it was smooth sailing. Then I was called up for skill test which was followed by 1:1 with one person. It was also briefed well, and handled too.

After clearing these many rounds, I was sent before an Professional Resource Development Manager, who for reasons best known to her only, chosen not to ask any QA related stuff, but concentrated on DEVELOPMENT related questions along side my previous experience, as in what I did, Why I chose to leave my first/second/third company etc, Why she shall hire me etc. She fired few Coding questions at me, asked me DOTNET Architecture (After I briefed her about my Open Source Background), asked SQL (I briefed her about my Non Microsoft Technology Background) etc.

After that, I was made to wait for good 3 weeks where entirely i was told that the Hiring manager is still not decisive. After 18 days, I received a decline saying the Hiring Manager feedback was NOT THAT POSITIVE, and the ranking did not match with profile offered.

Interview Questions
    • Few Coding questions at me, DOTNET Architecture (After I briefed her about my Open Source), SQL Questions (I told her about my Non Microsoft Background)   View Answer