Microsoft Interview Questions in Tokyo

Updated Jun 25, 2015

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Microsoft (Tokyo (Japan)).

Interview

I was originally temp-staff covering for paternal leave but the person never returned. The interview process was about 13 separate interviews over the phone to the US and in person spread over a couple of months and then they went quiet. After three months of waiting, I was told they had hired someone else purely because he worked for a company that the head of the group had worked for and could I train him? I almost certainly burned that bridge, probably while standing on it. I am told the interview circus has stopped, but I am not sure I would want to go back, it was pretty rough being temp-staff and treated like that.

Interview Questions

• The old puzzle question about bags of apples or oranges. (this was a long time ago when those were in vogue.)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Microsoft (Tokyo (Japan)) in April 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume on web. I wrote about my programming experience and my projects to the resume. The resume need to be written the reason about application to the intern and the diagram related to one of my projects. After 2week I got a guidance of aptitude test. Then, I got a guidance about interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Microsoft? Why should we choose you? What was the most difficult problem in your experience? How about this interview using English?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Interview

Depends on the position and the division. Our division has the two step of interview, which are senior mgr and director.

Interview Questions

• How do you realize the big win in the cloud market? Could you tell us the way of sales scenario?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Microsoft (Tokyo (Japan)) in July 2013.

Interview

Applied online, and wrote about past projects. First, I did online webtest wich includes Japanese and simple logic questions. Second, I went to the office for Technical Screening. It took only 30 minutes and I was asked to write a simple code on the whiteboard. Third, there was a loop interview then. First three interviewers asked more of technical questions, such as radix sorting, trie structures, simple binary tree without memory leaks. And the fourth interviewer at the loop interview asked more of non-technical questions, such as presentation skills.

Interview Questions

• How do you find pi using statistics. Do radix sorting of unsigned integers, then what if integers were signed. Delete spaces of null terminated c-style string in place.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Microsoft (Tokyo (Japan)).

Interview

Applied online and was called for technical interview

Interview Questions

• Maybe because only for intern, the question was standard, i.e. Hanoi tower and sorting   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

interviewed at Microsoft (Tokyo (Japan)) in March 2013.

Interview

After I passed the resume screening, I took a 30 minutes technical interview. I was first asked to merge the two sorted integer array, then explain the algorithm in English. Then, the interview asked me what improvements should be done for the Microsoft products.

Interview Questions

• How do you test a machine that returns only accepts 4 to 6?   Answer Question

Program Manager II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Microsoft (Tokyo (Japan)) in April 2012.

Interview

Was referred by a MSFT employee so was about to get a same day 5 people loop interview. The interviewers seemed smart and friendly. I was asked a few "classical" microsoft questions (estimate a number of people over a specific period of time, design an interface for a device given constraints, etc...). I was told that there were two main reasons why i was not hired: my way of explaining things is not optimal (which is a problem i am aware of) and they were expecting me to analyze problems in a certain manner and thus make less assumptions than i did. Almost all of my experience is from startup companies (including starting one) and my way of thinking is less structured and this is one of the reasons i wanted to work for a large company. It seemed that they also thought the same, and while i can get stuff done my own way they didnt want to make an effort to teach me.

Interview Questions

• What is the number of people who visit the Gala-Yuzawa ski resort in season?   1 Answer
    • How would you design a TV with a remote control having two buttons only.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Microsoft (Tokyo (Japan)) in September 2011.

Interview

Technical Screening by an out-side company using Web based conference system. Then interview by the hiring manager. It would have been followed by interviews by employees who would be my subordinates, but I couldn't get there.

Interview Questions

• What would you tell to your subordinates on the first day of the job.   Answer Question